UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Adopt-a-deathrobe!

automata

Wanderer
Picks up and throws away into any trash barrel death robes. This script only picks up death robes and nothing else. I've tested this script and it should not throw out blessed robes or colored robes in your pack. Make sure you pack is open on screen for this script to work. For those that don't know this is an EASYUO script for version 1.5 and up.

loop:
gosub robes
gosub trash
goto loop:

sub robes
finditem FWL G_2
if #findkind = -1
return
if #findcol = 2301 ; color of a death robe
{
exevent drag #findid
wait 10
exevent dropc #backpackid
wait 5
}
return

sub trash
finditem BKF_IIF_HIF G_2 ;luna trash barrels, brit and moonglow trash chests
if #findkind = -1
return
set %trash #findid
finditem FWL C_ , #backpackid
if #findkind = -1
return
set %robes #findid
if #findcol <> 2301 ; color of a death robe
{
ignoreitem %robes
return
}
exevent drag %robes
wait 10
exevent dropc %trash
return

Onça

Sorceror
I have a solution that gets to the root of the problem. Stop dying. Now if we all play better this wouldn't be a problem now would it?

I know its a clone but perhaps if they wish to be naked than remove the deathrobes all together. When they complain of ilness do to getting cold or frostbite in the nether regions they will have no one to blame but themsleves. Or a 15 second insta death if dropped to ground. I am sure many will find that one amusing. :D Just tossin in a few ideas sorry to bother.

Gordred

Wanderer
Robeing made simple.

Thanks Nergal for the script. I will try it out myself. I tend to pick up the death robes and trash them when i am in Luna as it is very busy there and I am a 56k'er. It is also something nice to do. I dispose of my own 90% of the time.

I know we try to remain close to osi but perhaps in this one area a gump could be created when you drop your robe on the ground asking if you would like it transported to the nearest trash recepticle. Wouldnt change the game any and perhaps osi would like it. Just a thought.

David Henry Thoreau Jordan

I know I may be dredging up an old post ... a few days anyway ...

But ...

How about just making them cutable with scissors ... the tamers (or the tailors) would probably pick them up as a matter or normal play after that ... after all they are robes ... should they be cutable anyway?

and the problem would be solved ...

Ferris

Page
If you make them cutable, rest assured someone will make a character tyhat does nothing but die and get rezzed all day long.

So?

Opposite to OSI, on Demise, cutting up non-player crafted clothing only nets 1 cut cloth or 1 bandage instead of the full amount. From a profit-point-of-view it would be extremely low end. Sheering sheep in Yew trammel would net more cash.

AFK macroing it would be gathering resources, thus an offence.

I don't think anybody in their sane mind would resort to this tedious low profit task.

Ferris

Page
Doesn;t matter what it yields, when you can die and res in a matter of seconds it's not as low profit as you may think. Assuming you were to create a death macro that killed you and took a step toward let's say the luna healers. That might take 2 seconds at the very most if you do it right. That's nearly 50k bandages in 23 hours. Not a bad haul for free if you ask me. That's also 100k gold just to an npc healer. Sell them in bulk on a vendor and you can triple that I'm sure.

Let's not forget that anyone with knowledge of how to make a good macro could half the time and pull in around 90k bandages in that same 23 hours. All of that, just from dying and turning a death robe into 1 single bandage.

Ofcourse, as you say it is resource macroing. This is true, but some people are that stupid.

Sure it all sounds like small beans, but assume they were given a different value, to match that of a player crafted robe in earned cloth, where does that leave you? It really doesn't matter either way, someone will do it if that change is put in. Hell, who wouldn;t be happy to pull in a couple of million gold every 5 days just doing jack shit?

So, you say it isn;t much, but it's my job to see that even 1 bandage from 1 death robe is really alot more than it needs to be.

Ok, another idea then.

Let's make deathrobes that are thrown on the ground decay in 60 seconds?
Or make the whole Luna bank zone a 60-second-decay-zone for items thrown on the ground?

There must be some way to reduce annoyance and lag caused by fellow players short of spawning 5 agressive, invulnerable, non monster spawning Dark Fathers?

Heh, i am out of ideas for the moment.

dead-eye

Knight
Ive Seen Vuriiguys Castle Holy Crap It Is Being Filled With Hundreds Of Deatjrobes Like This Place Is Packed With Them Adn The First Floor Isnt Even Filled Yet Its Huge I Was Wlaking Trhough Minoc Today When I Saw Them And Was Like It Must Be The Guy On The Forum Post And It Was This Place Is Packed With Deathrobes. Its Gonna Be A Bitch To Clean That Out Hahahahaha

-dead-eye