UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Abbreviations

Arrant said:
Caught a teeny mistake.

It's Tome of Lost Knowledge not Tome of Enlightenment. =) Btw, this guide is awesome. I'm glad someone finally came along and put it together for all the players attempting to make out the jargon on the trade boards.

lmao thanks for catching that one. Meant to write tome of lost knowledge.

Arrant said:
Caught a teeny mistake.

It's Tome of Lost Knowledge not Tome of Enlightenment. =) Btw, this guide is awesome. I'm glad someone finally came along and put it together for all the players attempting to make out the jargon on the trade boards.
Whoops! I didn't catch it, obviously; I passed right by it, and went, "hmm, Tome of Enlightenment, but no Tome of Lost Knowledge?!" So hence I posted TOLK as something to add. :p

Chinelo

Wanderer

pistol-pete said:
where did KK come from? bulgiria? or china

K in maths and physics says 1000.

We have kilometers (Km) = 1000 meters.
KK just mean K*K = 1.000.000 (1,000,000)
Some ppl like to use 1M to mean 1kk or one million

Astarac said:

There you have it :) . Which reminds me, I don't think I added mil/M to the list.

Astarac said:

Well, it *IS* the fact that "M" is more proper; you can look at it three ways; the most common is that "kilo" is a prefix to mean 1,000 of something, while "mega" is a prefix that means 1,000,000 of something; not commonly seen in metric measurements all that much, but of course, seen all the time in computing; this can be applied to anything that also uses "kilo."

Another is that "M" happens to be the roman numeral for the number 1,000,000. Lastly, "M" is the first letter of "million" so it could work even that way.

Behringer

Wanderer

Nottheking said:
Well, it *IS* the fact that "M" is more proper; you can look at it three ways; the most common is that "kilo" is a prefix to mean 1,000 of something, while "mega" is a prefix that means 1,000,000 of something; not commonly seen in metric measurements all that much, but of course, seen all the time in computing; this can be applied to anything that also uses "kilo."

Another is that "M" happens to be the roman numeral for the number 1,000,000. Lastly, "M" is the first letter of "million" so it could work even that way.

What if people started using K^2 ? :D

imaquin

Wanderer

Can my name be added to the list IB = Irishbob - (stupid irish carebear) cus i rock just the much ?

Behringer said:
What if people started using K^2 ? :D
I would have to be awed by the sheer geekiness that the entire Demise community suddenly started portraying if they did that. :p

Gathog

Sorceror

Pardon my ignorance, but what does ftw stand for? I have no idea, and it irks me, because I see it fairly often on these forums where I spend my free time.

Gat

Scorpio X

Wanderer

Gathog said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what does ftw stand for? I have no idea, and it irks me, because I see it fairly often on these forums where I spend my free time.

Gat
For
The
Win

Hey I Have A Few Things I Didint See (Mabye I Missed Em)

1. Mephi = Mephitis
2. Oaks = Lord Oaks
3. AW = Ancient Wyrm (Sorry If I Spelled That Wrong)
4. DB = Dryad Bow
5. You Put Noob Theres Also Newb,Noobie,Newbie,And Newblet (That Dont Matter To Much Tho)
6. Irl = In Real Life
7. Brb = Be Right Back
8. FYI = For Your Info
9. Btw = By The Way
10. Brt = Be Right There

Thats All I Can Think Of That I Didint See Right Now Tho

Status
Not open for further replies.