UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Abbreviations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abbreviations

A certain post has given me the idea to start a thread of abbreviations for people who don't know what's going on when there are trading threads with abbreviations (or even just in general discussions). So here's a list most people will find useful:

Item Properities

DCI = Defense Chance Increase
DMI/DI = Damage Increase
EP = Enhance Potions
FC = Faster Casting
FCR = Faster Cast Recovery
HCA = Hit Cold Area
HCI = Hit Chance Increase
HD = Hit Dispell
HEA = Hit Energy Area
HFA = Hit Fireball Area
HLA = Hit Lower Attack
HLD = Hit Lower Defense
HLL = Hit Life Leech
HML = Hit Mana Leech
HPI = Hit Point Increase
HSL = Hit Stamina Leech
LMC = Lower Mana Cost
LRC = Lower Reagent Cost
MI = Mana Increase
MR = Mana Regeneration
MW = Mage Weapon
NS = Night Sight
SC = Spell Channeling
SC NO PEN/SC NO -1 = Spell Channeling without FC -1 penalty
SI = Stamina Increase
SR = Self Repair
SSI = Swing Speed Increase
UBWS = Use Best Weapon Skill

Weapons, Armor and Items

AOF = Armor of Fortune
AOH = Axe of the Heavens
ARCANE = Arcane Shield
ARTY = Artifact
ASH = Ancient smithing hammer (Usually followed by the skill of the increase)
BANES = Leggings of Bane
BLAZE = Blaze of Death
BLH = Black Lotus Hood
BOD = Bulk order Deed
BOH = Bracelet of Health
BOI = Blade of Insanity
BOR/BOTR = Blade of the Righteous
BREATH/BOTD = Breath of the Dead
BRSK = Barbed Runic Sewing Kit
CBD/CBDS = Clothing bless deed
DPH = Dread Pirate Hat
DRYAD/DB = The Dryad Bow
ELEMENTS/ROE = Ring of the Elements
GRIPS/STORM(S) = Stormgrips
GTOT = Greater Treasure of Tokuno
HH = Hunter's Headress
HKBP = Holy Knight's Breastplate
HL = Horselord
HOI/INSIGHT = Helm of Insight
HOL = Heart of the Lion
HOM = Hat of the Magi
HRSK = Horned runic sewing kit
INQUIS = Inquisitor's Resolution
JACKS/JACKALLS = Jackall's Collar
KASA = Kasa of the Raj-in
LEGACY = Legacy of the Dread Lord
LTOT = Lesser Treasure of Tokuno
MARTY/MARTIES = Minor artifact
NOX RANGER'S/NOX BOW = Nox Ranger's Heavy Crossbow
ORNATE CROWN = Ornate Crown of the Harrower
ORNY = Ornament of the Magician
PIGS = Pigments of Tokuno
PS = Powerscroll
PUGS = Gloves of the Pugilist
QUACK'S/QUACK'S CUTLASS = Captain Quacklebush's cutlass
RBC = Rune Beetle Carapace
ROE = Ring of the Elements
SHADOW DANCER'S/SDL = Shadow Dancer Leggings
SOM = Staff of the Magi
SOI = Shield of Invulnerability
SOP = Swords of Prosperity
SOS/STAMPEDE = Sword of the Stampede (Possibly the SOS item as well)
SRSK = Spined runic sewing kit
SS +25/STAT PS = Stat scroll (number can be +5, +10, +15, +20 or +25)
TASK = Taskmaster
TOF = Tunic of Fire
TOME/TOLK = Tome of lost knowledge
TOT(S) = Treasures of Tokuno
TOTEM = Spirit of the Totem
VILE/ROTV = Ring of the Vile
VOICE/VOFK = Voice of the Fallen King
ZERKER= Berserker's Maul
ZYRON/ZC = Zyronic Claw

Other

10K = 10,000 gp
10KK = 10,000,000 gp
AOS = Age of Shadows. The expansion of Ultima that first started the paladin and necromancy classes
AW = Ancient Wyrm
BAKE = Bake Kitsune
BRIT = Britain
BS = Generally refered to as "blacksmith" but can also be known as "bullshit"
BUCS/BUX = Bucaneer's Den
COON = Baracoon the piper
CTF = Capture The Flag
DD/DOM = Double Domination (Type of gm run battles concerning 2 teams and two bases)
ETHY = Ethereal Mount
FEL = Felucca
GP = Gold Pieces
HARRY = Harrower
IDOC = In Danger of Collapsing (Usually a house where people will sit and loot the goods after the house vanishes)
ILSH = Ilshenar
LTB = Looking to Buy
MARE = Nightmare
MEP/MEPH/MEPHI = Mephitis
MG = Moongate
MIL/M = Million(s) such as 10 Mil, 10M
NECRO = Necromancer
NOX = Short form for "poison"
OAKS = Lord Oaks
OSI = Origin Systems Inc.
PALLY = Paladin
PC = Price check
PVM = Players VS Monsters
PVP = Players VS Players
RC = Rotting Corpse
RIKKI = Rikktor
RU = Hiryu
SAMMY = Samurai
SEM/SEMI = Semidar
SS = Spirit Speak
SW = Server Wars (Time where 15 minutes of gameplay is not saved, so everyone pvp's in felucca brit or bucaneer's den. Happens at 1:00am eastern time).
T2A/LL = The Second Age. Refers to the area known as the Lost Lands.
TRAM = Trammel
TOK = Tokuno Islands
UOML = Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy. The newest expansion of Ultima. Introduces elves, peerless bosses, etc.
UOSE = Ultima Online Samurai Empire. Expansion of uo introducing hiryu, samurai, ninjas and tokuno islands
WTB = Want to Buy
WTS = Want to Sell
WW = White Wyrm

Slang/Game terms

AFK = Away from keyboard
BRB = Be right back
BRT = Be right there
BTW = By the way
CA/CS = Counter Attack/Counter Strike (Bushido special ability)
DS = Death Strike (Ninjitsu special ability)
FELLUCAN = Rarely used but used to describe somebody who plays solely in felucca. Like a murderer. PK is used instead
FFS = For fuck sakes
FORUM PVP = When a thread turns into a huge battle of "I am better than you" or "you are noob because". Most of these threads get sent to the lich lord room.
FTW = For the win
FYI = For your information
IMO = In my opinion
IRL = In real life
JK = Just Kidding
JP = Just Playing
LOL = Laughing out loud
LMAO = Laughing my ass off (If something is so funny it surpasses the use of LOL, like when somebody gets WTFPWND)
LS = Lightning Strike (Bushido special ability)
MA = Magic Arrow
NOOB/NEWB = Used as an insult saying that somebody doesn't know what they're talking about, or they suck at the game.
OWNED = Usually said towards somebody who just got their ass handed to them (In other words, got PWND)
PK = Player Killer. Generally used to describe red hued characters (murderers) in felucca.
PWN/PWND = Getting beat by a monster or a player in a quick or brutal manner....like getting comboed and dying in 1 hit. Like saying "Owned"
QFT = Quote for truth
RAID = When somebody's champion spawn in felucca, is being taken over. Or vice versa, when you're taking over somebody's spawn.
ROFL = Rolling on the Floor Laughing
TRAMMY = Somebody who had spent most of their life in a non-pvp facet and does not know how to fight properly. Usually used as an insult.
TBH = To be honest
W00T = Expressing joy....like when an orny pops into your bag
WTF = What the Fuck
WTFPWND = Getting killed so fast and out of nowhere that you go "WTF just happened".

Sales and Trading

1/3 RING OR BRACE = First digit means the FC on the item. Second means the FCR on the item. So that being said, this item would be 1 FC/3 FCR

Studded Sleeves 5, 12, 15, 9, 8 = When a post is made where 5 numbers are shown like above, it refers to the item's resists (in order). So it would be 5% physical, 12% fire, 15% cold, 9% poison and 8% lightning.

That's about all I can think of right now. Feel free to add any you can think of, or if I made a mistake, post the solution to the mistake if you know it. Please do not flame this post, we have enough of those already.

Noxtragg

Wanderer
Re: Abbreviations

Corrections:
Damage Increase also goes by DI a lot.
HBK? I'm sure you meant HKB for Holy Knights, but even then almostn o one abbrviate it because it's such a low value item.
Nox Rangers also goes by "Nox" or "Nox Bow"
Sword of Stampede also goes by "Stampede"

Khaos-demise said:
Corrections:
Damage Increase also goes by DI a lot.
HBK? I'm sure you meant HKB for Holy Knights, but even then almostn o one abbrviate it because it's such a low value item.
Nox Rangers also goes by "Nox" or "Nox Bow"
Sword of Stampede also goes by "Stampede"

Ya, screwed up when doing HBK. Meant to write HKBP. Fixed the DI and the rest of them. Thanks for the corrections.

ZNICK

Wanderer

This is a good post... it should definitely be stickied, maybe even in the trade section.

Z

camper

Sorceror

Don't forget:
kk = mil

...even though it bugs the hell out of me when people use "kk"

Scorpio X

Wanderer

1/3 always makes me laugh (even though i tend to use it from habbit). Recovery always comes first on an item :rolleyes:

Nottheking said:
Very good post... I was going to write something like this (in fact, I said something along the lines of that the morning before this was posted) but it looks as if I was beaten to the punch. Bravo!

Though I might suggest that it would be easier to sort through alphabetized. If you know how to use MS Word (or just about any generic word processor) it's a three-click process. Just a suggestion, since it seems I can do little more. :D

Yup, your post is the one that sparked it all. Think I saw one posted before, but it was very limited. Anyways, updated a few things in the list.

Oddly enough, why isn't there an abbreviation for the "Wrath of the Dryad" artifact. Perhaps more to the point, why don't I ever see people trade it like other artifacts? I know it's only a marty, but I've seen other marties traded fairly regularly, and indeed, have abbreviations.

Anything looking over the list, just a few ideas of what might be added:
  • HLL - Hit Life Leech
  • MW/MW -XX - Mage weapon/Mage weapon -XX skill (XX is skill amount)
  • PSS - Power Scrolls (stats)
  • Fel - Felucca
  • Tram - Trammel
  • Bux/Bucs - Buccaneer's Den
Yeah, I know the last three pretty much anybody who's played for more than a few hours would know what they are. I consider them largely filler, as I had more in mind when I started this post, but forgot them.
Balthazar-demise said:
Yup, your post is the one that sparked it all. Think I saw one posted before, but it was very limited. Anyways, updated a few things in the list.
Glad to know that somehow, I had a hand in all of this. :p

I wonder, though, if it might also be helpful to make a list detailing various "currency" items, and exactly why they'd be worth something. Similarly, I had been assembling a sort of "value guide," though it's hardly complete. (unfortunately, I left it on a PC I'm not at now, so I can't post it here)

It might've been a bit innacurate, but did cover what I felt were some important things to get across, such as that a "bag of sending" with 0 chargess has zero value; the quest that gets you "powder of translocation" gets you a bag as well. Likewise, "bracelets of binding" and "zoogi fungus" are so common that they really have no value either.

I'm still unsure about the value of the "crystal ball of pet summoning," though.

ZNICK said:
If someone posts kk I ignore it, lol.

Z
Indeed; I would personally refuse a trade offer if it involved gold written as "kk." Actually, I'd jus intentionally "mis"-interpret it to be thousands. I mean, c'mon, people, the proprer abbreviation is "m". It can mean either "mega" or even "million", whoever's choice.

More to potentially add:
  • BOB - Bulk Order Book
  • HPI - Hit Point Increase
  • SW - Server Wars
  • TOLK - Tome of Lost Knowledge
  • Nox - Poison
  • SI - Stamina Increase
  • WW - White Wyrm

Corven

Wanderer

Caught a teeny mistake.

Balthazar-demise said:
TOME/TOLK = Tome of Enlightenment (usually)

It's Tome of Lost Knowledge not Tome of Enlightenment. =) Btw, this guide is awesome. I'm glad someone finally came along and put it together for all the players attempting to make out the jargon on the trade boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.