UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A tale of heroes

outluke

Sorceror
A tale of heroes

When I posted my account age in the other thread on the forums, I realized that I’ve spent a lot of valuable time on Demise. During that time I had many adventures and met many people, some of whom are long time gone. This story is my tribute to glorious community of Demise and will describe a good deal of this great shard’s history from my subjective point of view.
When I started on Demise, I was still a newb to AoS, as I played mostly UOR shards and all my AoS experience was limited to half a year playtime I had at Shard UDIC (hosted by psz before he became Demise lead admin). I decided that my first character will be a tamer, female character Fori. To have female character at that time was crucial as you could wear all the luck pieces, Swords of Prosperity were non existent and Armor of Fortune was every man’s dream J I was one of first people who grandmastered taming and when I brought my white wyrm to Luna bank it was a sensation at that time and I received many words of respect.
At the beginning the shard was a mess with great population of newly crated characters. Most of players were either from US or Brazilians The people who knew what they are doing could take a great advantage of this fact and some of them did. Can you imagine that housing spots in Luna were available for like 2 months before they all got taken? Can you imagine that for few months since shard started you could go to doom and solo all the rooms and dark father at the gate? The main problem at that time was to assemble a 100% lrc suit or to fill your mage book with high level spells. When I started my doom adventure I was there alone for most of the time, other people were Omega^ and some Brazilians. First artifact ever obtained was Staff of Magi, a brazilian guy who got it was pimping in the middle of Luna for days after, until he created a char built purposely for the use of the staff and started to kill innocent people in fel J
Omega^ was the first true powergamer of Demise. OSI vet, who made good cash on eBay selling gold duped at server lines. He spent ages soloing doom, had multiple arties of every kind and was doing bods like mad. His castle just outside of Luna east gate was loaded with tons of godly stuff.
There were some sweet bugs/features when Demise started. You could steal hooded shrouds of shadows from dungeon chests. You could loot moded earrings/necklaces off monsters. You could get Inquisitors Resolution as a drop from doom bosses (no need to steal, well they are still unavailable to steal). The best way to obtain high end items was to wear low luck suit (about 200 luck) and to hunt low level creatures, like sever rats or mongbats. You could get mad items, with few good mods and high resists, enhance such item with barbed leather and you get the famous 7 mołds/haxx/edet piece.
One of most powerful guilds at the beginning was [.br]. They had numbers, sticked together, traded bods. Brsk items from their crafter (Barret) were eye poppingly good.
The guild who “ruled” the shard back in the days was crated by Krondor (skilled mage), Fragile (first successful nox mage), Nomon (all around powergamer and computer genius) and few others that I can’t recall. They made a good use of facions. Set the price level to -300%, script buy iron ingots from faction vendors, script sell them at Luna blacksmith – the fast way to make a fortune. They made hundreds of millions that way. That exploit (tolerated by staff at that point) ruined the economy in early days, as gold was pretty much worthless. I remember selling semi good brace to Nomon for like 4 millions gold. Go figure. The guild also ruled at Despise and was flooding market with 110/115 power scrolls, as they kept the best stuff to themselves.
Other outstanding people that I remember from that period were:
- Drool – owner of first public rune library; he was first to use pvp pally template (fc/fcr); legendary runner J
- Jared – poison dexxer owning mages with his night kiss
- Nym – created first mass recruiting champ guild [NYM] J
When shard developed it attracted more people. There are few out of hundreds that I carry a fond memory off, despite if they were my mates or enemies:
- Raezion- (banned) contributed a lot to development of Demise pvp, skilled mage, he was running TB faction for a long time; we had some amazing faction fights at that time against [s3b] guild among others
- Audi- (banned) badmouthed kid; great pvp player; at a time he was soloing coon 24/7, making millions selling them off vendor placed at my Luna house
- Rmac and Fenske – crazy Canadians J
- Questar (banned) – first person who knew how to use playuo scripts; he was constantly accused of haxx as he could do “impossible” things with his mage
My first pvp char was Arkanis – archer dexxer. I copied Omega’s template, also used by Nomon and later by Nosferatu and some others. The thing was to equip your archer with as much dex as possible. When you reached about 180 dex with items (max possible) you had to drink dex pot with +55 enhance potions jewels (alchemist bauble and +25 ring). This would give you more than 200 dex. At 200 dex you were able to heal yourself with bandies at 1 second speed. I don’t need to mention that this character was insanely hard to kill as he healed all damage quite instantly. I had some great fights back in the days, inclusing the faction fights with Saori, Astarac, Itachi and co. from [s3b]. This was fun that does not quite happen very often now.
I was the first person to lead a successful Harrower party. The party consisted of 3 players (me, Khanun and Neil) and others like Nosferatu and Morgoth on some spawns. Back in the day when Oaks spawn radius was limited it was easy to do it even with small party. Khanun and Neil were running 3 characters each, script spamming evs for 3 first levels and at last level we just used our provo-mages. Harrower itself is insanely easy to kill comparing the effort needed to get all the skulls required to spawn him. We did several Harrowers at that time until we got bored J
I have some very fond memories of the times I spent with [Fear] guild on my stealther ninja Iorek. [Fear] at it’s best time ruled the brit gate area. You pretty much get insta killed when you receive 60+ dmg armor ignore from multiple ninja’s (Mae’Var, Zephyre, Serona, Fiery Ganja and Iorek). Yes those were the times of uncapped armor ignores and death strikes. When they capped those to 35 ninja’s learned to use ki-strike to their advantage. With ranged weapon you could inflict more than 100 dmg with ki-strike. But yeah you can no longer perform ki-strike with ranged weapon.
I had some great times with [R.W] both as their enemy (when I was a [TaR] member) and as their member (I’m then only non-chinese [R.W] member). Credits go to Pepsi and Murdock for creating largest guild Demise ever had. I remember great fights between [R.W] and [FoA] and then a great alliance. There was a time when completing Barracoon spawn without being raided by [R.W] was virtually impossible.
Out of the other imbalanced attacks one is especially worth mentioning, for the reason that it was pretty hilarious when it was first introduced. When ki-rin chainlightning attack was implemented, Dingus took his ki-rin out of the stable and was one-hit killing confused [-F-] (The fallen) members at brit gate. Happy times J
I’ve been doing both tailor and blacksmith bods for first two years of my Demise adventure. I managed to obtain +60 ancient smith hammer and all runic hammers. I can tell all of you blacksmiths that putting effort into obtaining all bods required to get a valorite hammer is WELL worth it.

I realize that the story is pretty chaotic and does not mention some wonderful people and guilds (for example ATHF – as I think they need a story of their own) and significant changes. Nevertheless I hope that those of you who took time to read it enjoyed it. I won’t write anything about last months as I haven’t been on much and despite that, most you lived those months and have your own opinion. I had some great time on Demise, most of it in the ancient past, but still. I encourage all of you to try and get the most fun out of this great shard so you can write your own story.

RockEye

Knight
Re: A tale of heroes

Damn great story, you made me remember all the ppl i knew and played with... and fought with :)

p01n7e

Sorceror

I will never forget the Rikktors we ([FoA], yes we used to literally CAMP rikktor) did.Me(Neuromancer) and Mae were dressed in the exact same way - same artifacts, same color, everything.All we did while the other guys were doing the spawn was stay hidden next to the entrance and flood party chat :>.If somebody came in he tasted the former power of AI(as Arkanis mentioned).The only real threat back then was R.W. - we had numbers, but so did they, we had artys, they had more.I doubt i will ever forget the 20v20, or even moreVmore, massacres in despice, at the rikktor spawn, at FoA GH.
Here comes the pink harrower of LOVE .. that was .. i don't know.We were like 20-25 people at the 3rd level of Covetous.
//note: only 5-6 of those members had actually done a harrower before that one, the rest(including me) were complete newbs.
It took us 30 minutes to find where it spawned.After that the 'pvm' group went in and killed the first form of it.And then we encountered the first problem - they killed in such a horrible place, nobody was able to kill a tentacle, not to metion the harrower himself.We tried and tried ... and tried and tried untill it was like 6 am(we started ~9 pm the prevous day).After that we just left, leaving the harrower for someone to finish.Noone was able to do it so Mia renamed it to "The pink Harrower of LOVE".That name became quite popular and the harrower stayed there alive untill ATHF came up with a somewhat brilliant idea to kill it - suicide tamers with hiryus.And it worked.
Well that's all i can think of right now.

Crazy how i remember audi and the br guild from back then....i remember my guild had a house at despise and we would constantly fight them at coon...lost some win some....was fun

lokkz

Wanderer

Good ol' times that never come back... lots of good friends that dont come back too...

Miss all of ya! Raezion (rigby), Nosferatu, Turki, Khanun, Audi, Iasser (desphiron), Mussum, Rmac, Hatred, Zephyre, Serona, [S*I], [FoA], [.br], [Fear], and many many others i am forgetting to mention after over 2 years...

To end, i just like to express what really worth in all those 800+ days of demise...

Its not the l33t houses i have, its not the l33t weapons, nor it is the l33t suits and pss,

after all this time, THE ONLY THING THAT MATTER TO ME, IS THE FRIENDSHIPS MADE ON THIS SHARD.

And by this i mean the real friends, that are with me for tons of time, those that would see my dryad bow drop on ground with a razor equip bug, and would give it back (u kno who u are), those that would protect me even against their own guildmates, just because of friendship.

For the new people, a word of advise, don't get fooled by all the trashtalk, the hate between ppl, the resskilling, etc... items dont matter shit if you have friends. And believe me, THERE ARE A LOT OF NICE AND HONORED PEOPLE OUT THERE, it just takes time and knowledge to find those that will be with you no matter what.

PvM is decent. PvP is nice. PKing is awsome. But a real friend has no price and is the BEST thing you can get on an online game.

Hugs for all ya'll, Brazilians, Polish, Chinese, Bulgarian, Spanish, Cuban, Canadians, all south americans, Swedish and Americans... no matter the nationality, those that are my niggas know i luv them, and will always be with them.

Peace.

Great players back then,more valueble community more stuff going on,not just one guild running the show,i miss those days...

dead-eye

Knight

was a nice story.

I remember some of those days. Been here for over a year, the uncapped ai and jazz, i remember all that. Cant say i remember when the shard first started cuz i wasnt around then.

But i do remember fear... And i think br was still around too.

I remember quite alot of those people, I remember Fear and how they ALL Had gloves of the sun :p Miles Prowers crafted gear pwnd all :p
There are some good people out there, Hate em or love em Demise's community pwns

South

Wanderer

I`v just written in the search bar "FoA" and this great story came up :)...good old times...I miss ya all...

roly

Wanderer

seems like all the great uodemise players hacked/cheated/scripted in some way.. interesting.

Unfortunatly its like this unless you go back and look WAAAAAAAAAAY BACK. There were people who pwnd legit like Ozzie (my idol) probably one of the first people to dish out the wtfpwn with a Staff of the Magi.

All i can really say is i wish i had stayed on Demise back then instead of dicking around on hybrid for a year and a half.