UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

Should the veteran reward system be overhauled and rebuilt?

• Yes

Votes: 286 75.7%
  • No

Votes: 92 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zlatan fulgere

Sorceror
Re: A poll here should help too (Vet Rewards):

panDEMONium-hybrid;1557801 said:
Hopefully soon....

We just celebrated the one year anniversary of this thread a few days ago. Ironically, this thread would now more than qualify for an ethy.

Hydroponic

Wanderer

Ryan;1001546 said:
One mistake I made long, long ago when launching this shard was setting the veteran reward timer to 1 month.

I'm willing to with the support of the shard take the necessary steps to correct it.

I'm fully aware guys that this is a game changing move by even offering the idea and some of you are going to be unhappy with it and I realize that but please hear me out before you just blanketly say "no".

Right now Veteran rewards are useless and without question completely worthless. The aim of revamping the veteran rewards system is not to remove items from the world or any of that crap its simply to reward the veteran players of Hybrid and allow them to have some cool items in the process.

The proposal is to wipe all veteran rewards on the shard, and repopulate your accounts with points to claim veteran rewards.

The veteran rewards themselves will get a change also. We will be adding new items and mounts to the veteran reward system. This will give you some incentive to say "yes". Not only do you get new items and mounts but it also provides us the chance to add yearly or however often we see fit, new items. Right now even attempting to add new items to the veteran reward system is useless.

The end game goal of doing this would be to make Veteran rewards worth something again. Make them something people want to have and something people will buy, sell and trade! I know you guys are worried about losing your pixels but isn't it worth it to get better pixels? ;)

The proposed solution would change the current vet reward period to 6 months. So in essence you'd get 1 year's worth of credits for 6 months.

EDIT: We'd make ethereal steeds available @ the 6 month mark.

Thanks,
Ryan
yes

Orpheus87

Wanderer

will this actually happen or is just kind of like a 'lets swing some ideas around' thread?

maybe add difrent rewards to besides just Mounts/tubs/statues/robes/cloaks
maybe add difrent clothes that give the + ar tunics skirts etc blessed bear mask etc

DiseasedHobo

Wanderer

I like this idea

maybe you could also add in some clothing that cloaks your character making it visible through to the ground... like the invisible steeds

iancorper

Wanderer

Speaking as someone who was completely surprised to receive a 'Vet' reward after 1 month, wipe the lot, who cares if I have loads of Vet ethys sitting in my house from IDOC's :'(

I will miss my runebook dye tub tho, but not enough to worry about it

Wipe away.

Countessa;1001952 said:
One-use bottles of dye (random color chance) for deer masks and bear masks, pls?
this is an awsome idea countessa i thought about that idea before but thought it want worth mentioning

I say Yes but when is this happening? and they sitll wouldnt be worth much more because some people have like 1000 accounts that are like 2000 days old?

uonoobs

Knight

no deer masks though! would ruin the whole wuvable trammy stools!

Ryan has this idea been swept under the rug? Can we get an update on this? I have rewards to pick but I'm wondering if I should even bother picking them.