UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Contest! With Prizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Contest! With Prizes!

might aswell make a good first post eh :)
ok here it goes

[qoute]
Demise, Ultima Online

Welcome to this page, if your reading this, its means your about to enter a world of fun and adventure. Demise is a free server for the game Ultima Online. Demise is very much based so on the real Ultima Online exept its free! Thats right, you dont have to pay a single cent. Most games these days expect you to open your wallet and empty it out. Ofcourse if you think that Demise being free is the, best your mistaken.

The best part is the adventure and fun. The world of Demise is very large and filled with surprises. Be amazed as you slay your first dragon or create the house of your dreams. It's all possible. Throughout the land there are many dungeons which you and your friend can enter to find treasures and items of great power. Not to mention strange creatures and enemies ofcourse.

Your also assured to make new friends, Demise has a very large playing population. Over 500 players can be found online at most times of the day! You might wonder how this is possible, through great configuration of the servers aswell as good hardware Demise can handle up to 1700players online, without lag. Thats right, no lag!

You must be jumpy to start playing now! Yet Demise offers so much more then just fun and a good game. It also offers memories and friendschip. Things which surpass the price of money.

Be sure to login with the easy free automated login configuration we have! Just run UOgateway and hit demise and enter your name and a password and start your Demise adventure today!
[/qoute]

PM me if u want something about the great staff.

K

Kal'tuzad

My try:

UODemise is a highly populated OSI Clone shard. UODemise is a RunUO test shard meaning all the new stuff comes here first. Being a test shard doesn't mean countless character wipes. PvM and PvP are both of large proportions on the shard thanks to the large playerbase. Entering Felucca will become even more perilous and challenging. Entering Trammel becomes even nicer with it's helpfull population. Malas is filled with shops and is the main meeting place for players. Tokuno gives a new touch to Ultima Online with it's Japanese coating. Donations give the possibility for the shard to grow and gives the possibility to make changes to your character later in the game or even give a head start. New decorations are also added by donating to give that unique touch to your house.

All in all Demise is a beautifull shard to play.

Dinnin said:
Having your In Game GM's running around requesting to open this thread up in our browsers is a bit intrusive and not to mention rude. I see a gm asking to have me open a web page I assume it is about some game critical issue that we should be aware of in order to prevent loss of data/charactors/items/or privalige to log in, not some contest that I personally can find out about on my own.

Also, why bother giving ToT's as a one time reward? From what I understand you have to have several to turn in to complete them and they no longer drop as loot. Sounds more like a bad strip tease.

And perhaps your post above could be more clear? I am sorry but it looks like a 3 year old typed it, or perhaps some one with alot of beer in his system. Either way it is difficult to follow to say the least.
kekeke

The one scentence!

- Demise: Love it or live it.
(no its not wrong, i did wrote live intentionaly:p )

A text:

Seems to me like youre tired of 1 kazillion artifacts per player, shards so edited that you cant understand nothing and it goes as such. Well on Demise you'll find the best player base ever, with the best economy, the best staff, and, well, you can figure out the rest. For the violence adicteds, we have some exellent pvping at Felluca. For the one with dreams of greatness, Trammel can offer you the world, and much more. For the one who follow the ways of honor, Tokuno will be your feudal land.For those who want the real Ultima Online, we offer you Demise.

Why you keep playing in falling apart servers? Demise will make you fall in love.

Demise: Love it or live it.

z0rak

Wanderer
z0rak 4tw irl.

Welcome to Ultima Online Gamers: Demise. UOG: Demise is an official RunUO-sponsored shard of Sosoaria. Demise seeks to follow and improve upon all that Ultima Online continues to become. It is an ever-evolving world of magic and swordplay.

Catering to both the avid powergamer and the relaxed roleplayer, UOG: Demise has something for everyone. With various facets to explore, this truly is a game without limits. From the dark, dangerous dungeons of Doom and all of Felucca to the warm, safe trading post that is Luna, Demise offers something for all styles of gameplay.

The playerbase that is UOG: Demise is rivaled only by its sister shards in the RunUO family. Consistent numbers of 300+ online mean constant action in all areas of the game at all times -- both PvM and PvP. Further, the intrinsic interaction between trading and fighting means a pleasant mix of all playerbases.

If you're looking for player-based fighting, Demise offers amazing action in both guild rivalries and a fully-functional faction system. For those who prefer to best wits against formidable AI foes, Demise has sophisticated PvM fighting in various forms, including the widely-popular Doom Gauntlet system in Malas, the treachorous Paragon foes in Ilshenar and the perilous Champion Dungeon Spawns in Felucca.

UOG: Demise is unparalleled in the ability to fight any kind of battle. Guilds offer strategic advantages in both player- and monster-based fighting. However, a skilled player can prove himself among even the best players and monsters. Heroes exist within this world, and a reputation can be readily established by notable actors.

Demise offers adventure for all walks of life. So, what are you waiting for? Join an online tradition that continues to grow. Welcome to your Demise.

Well, I decided to do something a little different than the others; this piece is more targetted at RPG players in general, rather than simply gamers that have played Ultima Online before. After all, there may be 10,000+ people who've previously played UO, and might be looking for a new game (or UO shard) while there are easily 10,000,000+ RPG gamers that may be open to the idea of playing another great RPG. Especially with the number of people disillusioned after playing so much Oblivion or World of WarCraft.

Overall, I sought to make it as appealing as possible to all sorts of people; I'm pretty sure there's a few things that only seasoned UO vets might notice, and likewise, that shouldn't go right over the heads for someone whose only experience is RuneScape.

Just as fair warning, though; I'm pretty sure I might be off on some information. Some of it is a stretch, of course, but it's pretty much as true as I could make it. Anyone feel free to offer corrections if necessary.
  • Welcome to the website of UODemise, the world's most advanced free Ultima Online server. (a.k.a. "shard") UOdemise offers MMO-weary gamers a chance to experience online RPGs however they wish, and for free; UODemise is run by the RunUO network, which doesn't seek a profit.

Ultima Online could be considered the MMORPG that "started it all." The first game to truly take on the "massive" proportions, the word for this game meant more than simply the number of players. (or the profits of the developer) Indeed, the world is vast, and even more vast are the gaming options.

With the game's entirely skill-based class system, it's easy to play any form of character you can think of; not just the stereotypical combat, stealth, or magic classes, but every sort of non-combat and crafting class one could desire, or even any hybrid that could be concieved of.

For the player looking for accomplishment, Ultima Online lets trailblazers make a name for themselves, forging their title of lord- (or lady-) ship through deeds, and owning property; homes, shops, a ship, or even a castle are possibilities.

For the player looking for the immersive role-playing experience, Ultima Online covers every aspect; those not content with typical adventuring jobs can sit down at a tavern and relax over a game of dice or even chess, or engage in more "mundane" pursuits, like blacksmithing, tailoring, animal taming, fishing, or one of many others; it's fully possible to make a top-level character without ever killing a single monster.

For the player with a gray (or even red) moral code will find their needs met in Ultima Online; simply travel into the realm (a.k.a. "facet") of Felucca, where everything (and everyone) is fair game, for anything; it is a true player-vs-player (PvP) system, so bolt that no major game since has followed. Players can join guilds or factions, and engage in war to stake out their group's turf in the land of Britania, or simply fight real players on their own.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, players seeking true community will find it in UODemise, when all other games have failed. With large groups of players hailing from not just The United States, but all over Europe, both North and South America, and many other countries, UODemise is one of the world's few truly international servers. With hundreds of players on at any given time, the world is never empty. And with a dedicated staff, and daily special events, the world is never neglected.

UODemise is the world's premier free Ultima Online server; it offers a way to experience all of the 8 years (and counting) of content that Ultima Online offers, and all for free. UODemise offers a way to experience RPGs as they were meant to be: whatever the player made of them.

Corven

Wanderer

Nottheking said:
Well, I decided to do something a little different than the others; this piece is more targetted at RPG players in general, rather than simply gamers that have played Ultima Online before.

*stands up and claps*

Kurwai

Wanderer

You know what...? I am pretty new here. And i think all that crap is boring. And I really can't understand how the most boring one is considered best...?

When I first time saw Ultima Online I thought it's some old text based adventure game. I've never played any of those before and badly wanted to try that old 'classic'. I was pretty sure it won't be able to amaze me with those simple graphics and almost ancient 2-dimensional isometric camera view. Guess what - it easly does... :eek:

Sure it would be nicer to see through eyes of your character like in modern FPP games... but try to cut some kindlings, set up a fire and sew yourself a leather leggins from freshly skinned deer whose meet sizzles over burning log. You simply can't!

So how's writing about PKs, OSI, patches, good PVP or PVM system and all that known only for experienced players stuff is suppose to attract new players when they don't know what are you writing about? And Vin's about proposition... Yes, it's good. Good when it becomes to winning contests, not to lure anyone. Players that already knows problems of player killers and crafters rutines, or those who like to kill other players (usually yelling at them and saying 'pwnz') don't need to read about obviusly present issues of the game - they already experienced those on their own necks. They won't believe words like: "those situations have no place on our shard" because it's common marketing and too many other shards already used that kind of sentence. And you know what? They were lieing!

What I am trying to say is: stop paying compliments and focus on the gameplay - introduce it to a potential player, show him it's fun - don't try to show it isn't chore anymore... You're not writing that statements ONLY for ToTs. Or are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.