UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

2v2 Sword Battle *20mil+ in Prizes*

Folken1

Sorceror
This event will be a 2v2 battle with ONLY swords. THIS EVENT STARTS ON SUNDAY JUNE 17th at 8:00pm EASTERN.

MEET AT WEST BRIT BANK WITH YOUR CHARACTER AT EVENT TIME! *if your char is red come on a blue*

What you need:
    • A character with GM Swordsmanship, Tactics, Healing, & Anatomy
    • Tank Mages are still able to compete but will most likely not do as well as a swords with Healing.
    • AN EMPTY BACKPACK *resources will be supplied at event*
    • 100 str & dex will also be helpful but not completely necessary.
    • NO PARTNER NEEDED TO JOIN (RANDOM TEAMS)
BATTLE SETUP:
This will be a tournament setup with 2v2 battles, each team member will get 5 bandaids and a sword. *if you bring a tank mage you may receive 5 of each heal reg instead of 5 bandaids*

After the tournament if enough people stick around, there will be an FFA with the same setup.

*TEAMS WILL BE SELECTED AT RANDOM BEFORE THE EVENT STARTS*

****PRIZES****

Tourny 1st place- 10mil *5mil each*
2nd place- 5mil *2.5mil each*
3rd place- 1mil *500k each*

FFA 1st place- 3 Years of UOG Fallon Shirt
FFA 2nd place- TBA

any questions?
AIM-DWL35DC

This truly.
If I was rich I'd be hosting lots more team/alchy/5x setups, nobody ever does those anymore.

Well i see CTF events pretty often in game.

That Would be fun to bring back the events that require a different level of skills.
But that's just my opinion.

lucascyb

Sorceror
I have been a Folken Event participator in 3 diffrent events, i would not do annother one, he is not fair to non friends, speaking for multiple people and not only from my own experiance.

Thank u and if ur not his friend dont waste ur time

Folken1

Sorceror
lol.. none of my friends have won a single event i have hosted...

keep trollin n00bz. see if it has any affect whatsoever.

lucascyb

Sorceror
iam not trolling iam simply giving people REAL information from a previous event goer, please dont rage cause i simply made a coment, if i wanted to talk shit i would say what a loser u are throwing so many events to gain acceptance and make people think ur legit when they dont know the winners are ur homies like the boat event and the snowball one :>

Folken1

Sorceror
not raging, just making a simple observation. the only event in which one of my friends was on the winning team was the boat race which had 2 teams with around 10 people per team.

acceptance is not what i'm trying to achieve by hosting these events, i have already been "accepted" by the best players to have ever played this game. i'm just trying to give the players of this server something fun to do to get money, besides farm and play poker.

no more troll posts will be entertained.

come to this event if you wanna have fun and possibly get 10mil in cash & items.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Sounds exciting!

I always loved thos odd types of setup and event, definately allow you to do something different than the same old daily routine.

I hope you will get lots or participants, and that it will be a success.

If I remember about it, I'll try to come and spectate a bit :)

A-KANE

Squire
iam not trolling iam simply giving people REAL information from a previous event goer, please dont rage cause i simply made a coment, if i wanted to talk shit i would say what a loser u are throwing so many events to gain acceptance and make people think ur legit when they dont know the winners are ur homies like the boat event and the snowball one :>
i was in boat event, and i dont know folken :p i was awinner

crikey

Sorceror
Oh sounds like fun. I'll give it a peep. I should be used to this one since 4 of the characters I play on use swords with healing. lol....
This fight will be all about timing banadage heals, and sheer luck of hits connecting. It would be pretty sick if it was done with valorite katanas, with the participants in the nude o_O. Very quick deathsif! You know some noobs would just recall out with em tho after getting their asses whooped, lol....
Should be fun! I like these dexxer events :D
In my year + playing, casually, I have only been in two dexxer events. One of them GM run, the other was folkens archery event, which I actually placed in.
I don't talk to Folken. I've only talked with him during his last event, and a couple weeks ago, when I sold him an item, So the bullshit about only friends winning, is just that. There is enough randomness to this, where I don't think that, even if Folken wanted to, he could set up friends to win. He can't have friends gated into the fighting area early, and cast reactive armor, because it would be obvious.
If he does, so what? I'll still give it a shot. A 5 million gold chance to beat odds is still worth a shot with setups.

crikey

Sorceror
yea crikey you kicked my ass in that archery event! :'(

That event was sheer luck to the fullest extent. There was no skill involved in that one lol. My character wasn't even 5x gm.
Maybe in this one you can achieve redemption!
Unless we get partnered up of course ;)

Then you will just lose flat out due to my suckiness at uo

Sintoo

Sorceror
Gah... Nordheim would be representing.
Though I think it's at 03:00 - 06:00 for the most of us.

Anyways good luck on the event!
Hope all have a great time.

Army of Jobe

Wanderer
Hey Folken!

Looking forward to the event, but I have a few questions...
  • Are you only allowed to use Swordsmanship, Tactics, Anatomy and Healing (or Magery for healing)? Or if you have the skills Wrestling and Arms Lore, for example, are you allowed to disarm? What about wrestling stun?
  • Are characters with parry allowed in this event? I'm not sure if it holds true for Hybrid, but I just did some checking and it looks like Parry (on OSI servers) still gives about a 17% parry chance when a character doesn't have a shield equipped.
  • Do the participants just stand still and hit each other, or are they allowed to step back to avoid hits (if they can time it effectively)?
I'm sorry if these questions seem newb-ish, but this is the first such event I plan on taking part in, and I just want to make sure there aren't any surprises in store for me. Thanks, and I can't wait to participate!

Jobe

Folken1

Sorceror
hey jobe.

no secondary skills will be allowed in the tournament. this includes stun, disarm, hiding, stealing and all other skills of that sort. there's nothing i can do if someone has parrying, but no shields will be given to participants.

there will be an arena where both teams will battle. you can maneuver however you wish within the arena.