UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who can explain the 300% damage cap and how it plays out...

Americana

Sorceror
...I understand all the calculators that go into play for strength, skills, items, slayer types etc...what i dont understand is how does that play out...for example....

100 DI on items
Slayer 100% or (super slayer 50%) increases
EEO 50%, honor bonuses, whirlwinds, etc...
then X additional increase in skills...tactics, anat, etc

my question is: If you have slayer, EOO, Honor, 100% DI on items...do you need to max damage bonuses via skills or can you drop anatomy, or maybe in the extreme circumstance even tactics?

BrotherDon

Sorceror
Di from skills does not count against cap and is a multiplied not added to bonuses unlike di from items and spells. Check out the why don't sampires use anatomy thread for mathematical explanations ffrom NTK.

To sorta-simplify it, the basic idea is that there's a different cap for each group. Damage bonuses break down into three main categories:
  • Innate bonuses - This is your damage from STR, tactics, anatomy, and lumberjacking. No cap whatsoever applies to any of this. Any bonus you get here entirely stacks (additively) withyour capped bonuses. As a player, your THEORETICAL cap would be +226.25%; that's what you'd get for 150 STR, 120 Tactics & anatomy, and GM lumberjacking.
  • Capped Bonuses- This is what you get from the "Damage increase" mod on items. It's capped to 100%. It also happens to include a few effects from transformation spells like Horrific Beast. This stacks additively with your innate bonuses.
  • Special Multipliers - This covers a variety of special-move related and other context-related damage bonuses; this is only capped by the above total of +300%. The biggest bonuses here are +100% for using a slayer weapon, and up to +200% for the maximum dealt with Ki Attack. Also included are other damage-boosting specials like Armor Pierce, spells like Enemy of One, and the damage bonus from "killer" effects on talismans. Note that these multipliers are added together, THEN multiplied onto the result of the above.
Note that the "damage" number shown on your status gump will reflect all bonuses from the first two categories, but not the last one.

A simplified mathematical example of how the calculation might look is:

(100% + (innate bonuses) + (capped DI)) * (100% + (special multiplier bonuses))​

The exact maximum you could score, hence, would be +1,605% (x17.05) damage: +226.25% innate bonuses, +100% capped DI, and then multiplied by four. Yes, I recall it's possible to get all of that even in PvP, especially once you figure in 2/3 of the multiplier cap can be eaten up by Ki Attack alone.