UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO on smartphone?

Belldandy

Sorceror
how would you make it so you can have UO on your tablet or phone? does anyone know what languages i would have to learn? then we could all play from work.

Lord Aero

Sorceror
Right now, it would be complicated due to connection issues and the amount of space the phone would require. I suspect that in a couple of years, phones may be powerful enough to run UO, but as of now, there's no current possibility. C++ is the basic coding language for UO.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Something like this may work: http://www.logmein.com

Remote to your home desktop from your smartphone... I've never tried it though.
using a remote admin to play would not work since the delay/ping/lag you would get.
Phones are powerful enough same with tablets the problem is the Os, Android is a spin-off of Linux and is very limited at what you can install. to run the client you would need to either install wine then .net then the client, or you would need to create your own app/client.
It would be cheaper and better to just buy used laptops and run it off them.

You cant even get an Android compatable(Jellybean) version of wine to the best of my knowledge. I've been watching/waiting like a hawk... It wont be for awhile yet.

SuPaaaaa

Sorceror
Just buy a microsoft surface pro
I might so i can play league of legends at lans
Also; people will say "kewl tablet can i see"

KarmannMarco

Sorceror
I've remotely connected to my laptop using LogmeIn with my Samsung Tablet.
Works but the delay/lag is unreal (as mentioned above). And if your not using a mini usb mouse the controls are extremely complicated.
Pain in the ass unless all you do is banksit

How you like ur s3, i just got one i had a iphone 4 and i like the s3 1000x better
My gf has an Iphone 4s, and she's so jelly of my phone. Hell, i'm jelly of my phone. i wish i could be as cool as a SIII.

Too many wicked features. Too many choices/options. Way too good. On a daily basis im reminded how bad her iphone sucks and all it has is siri.

I HATED THE PHONE when i first got it though, i should mention. Most likely because i upgraded from a blackberry curve 8330

Dexter-LoM

Knight
You cant even get an Android compatable(Jellybean) version of wine to the best of my knowledge. I've been watching/waiting like a hawk... It wont be for awhile yet.
Actually there is a way around it, for the tablet but even if you get it going it would run slow as shit.
I got my shitty tablet running linux and wine but I won't go into details but uo on it reminds me of uo on a 486 on dial up.

reference
if you proceed do not come here and ask question or cry if you fry your device I will NOT help.
this is not my tablet I used a 99$ tablet to test. with Ubuntu 10.

http://tablets.wonderhowto.com/how-...x-your-google-nexus-7-android-tablet-0140047/

spok

Sorceror
Hi,

I think only Android Device can do this..

- Root Access
- Adding the OS Linux (Wine or Ubuntu)..

People are able to play UO on Linux OS.. we problably can on a Smartphone or Tablet..

But How can we play UO with a TouchScreen?!?! UO is designed for Keyboard and Mouse loll.. maybe im wrong..

Spok

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Hi,

I think only Android Device can do this..

- Root Access
- Adding the OS Linux (Wine or Ubuntu)..

People are able to play UO on Linux OS.. we problably can on a Smartphone or Tablet..

But How can we play UO with a TouchScreen?!?! UO is designed for Keyboard and Mouse loll.. maybe im wrong..

Spok
I have Uo working on my shitty tablet works ok just lots of lag due to the fact I did not want to scrap a good tablet to test it out. I use a wireless usb mouse and keyboard to move around. I tried to get linux on my phone and scraped my old HTC Rador it did not turn out too good reason was that I had to use a micro sd card to mount and well shit happend and phone is dead but the major problem with the phone they dont have usb to add devices like mouse or keyboard. kinda hard to set shit up once you formated and cant type.

psz

Administrator
S3 is a good phone (I've had one for quite awhile).

Sadly, the only working method (And I use the term VERY loosely) would be as described above: Log into a remote desktop and play that way.

Theoretically, a Windows Phone (7 or 8, I'd imagine both would work) could use a .Net app to do a custom client. Dunno that it'd run worth a crap, though, without HEAVY optimisations.

The thing is, all of these phones have FAR more storage and FAR more memory and FAR more CPU than UO needs. They just don't have a client. And I SERIOUSLY doubt EA is going to bother (money-grabbers though they are... FREEMIUM TETRIS!)

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Bobby got his tablet to do it just fine with little lag. We were near his house in luna and chatting for awhile. Now anyone will know it must have been a decent run of whatever OS he had because his house lags us on most machines just walking near the damn thing >_>

KickerofAssets

Sorceror
Was rather interesting. Pisser I didn't ask what OS, but I think it was a modded android like CM or something. Either that or some flavor of linux. But he didn't have a mouse plugged into it so he wasn't running around much. Half the screen was a keyboard and it was a pain in the ass to write and move XD