UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

To those who lure mounts and cause other senseless grief:

Vizeroth

Sorceror
What is the sense in inflicting this pointless frustration on people? It's bad enough that most fights are determined by unfairness in numbers, but why go above and beyond to make the experience of dying even more miserable and tedious? If it happens at an IDOC, there's at least some strategic justification for it, but to do it at a place like Delucia or during a random field battle does nothing but discourage PVP.

The Brit moongate is a perfect example of how a group's childish desire to cause grief has worked against them. Between revealing at the moongate to mass dump explosions on random people, luring the mount of every person whom they have swarm killed, and virtually never fighting fairly, it became an exercise in frustration to try to fight KBR at Brit, and now PVP no longer exists there. Tet, Queen of Power, and the rest are now engaging in the same thoughtless behavior at Delucia. Let's hope the result isn't the same.

I understand that it makes one wish to retaliate in kind when this sort of action happens to oneself, but to do so only perpetuates the cycle. Practice this little thing called empathy; recognize that you dislike what is being done to you and that you shouldn't subject another person to the same behavior. Who knows, by doing so you might actually persuade someone to reform their deleterious ways and enhance the loathsome reputation that most guilds on this shard have earned.

Nightmares and dragon derserves to get trapped.

you can't really expect respect when the very few people left are too scared to heal EB or a sync for that matter so they str pot/petal spam in a 2v2 and the fights last 45 minutes instead of 2.
if you don't want to get your mount trapped my best advice would be the one i that use all the time.

''don't die''

I'm making a point. This type of attitude is what will prevent change.

Not really , my ''attitude'' is just the truth and it doesn't prevent any change.
i was mainly talking about the state of the level of the PVP in general.

i wasn't directly pointing the finger at luring/trapping pets ... that i could care less.

Even if i don't recommend trapping pets because it slow down the next fights i don't really care if you die , you die , they derserve to be able to do whatever they want to your mount , just do some set up group field PVP , show respect , earn it , and it will come back to you , so what next ?
why people dry loot corpses ? ...

this is Ultima Online after all.

maybe this

http://www.hellokittyonline.com/

is a bit more appropriate.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I've never understood why dumbasses like you argue against ideas that are clearly nothing but beneficial.

There is an obvious difference between spending 5+ minutes of your time just to grief someone by boating their mount, and dry looting someone. The latter is USEFUL. The former is NOT. Your brain must operate in a foreign manner if you find the two acts morally comparable.

Also, the phrase is "couldn't care less." Contrary to popular belief, could and couldn't aren't synonyms.

Uomvp

Knight
Sorry Viz but no one is going to give you any type of sympathy on this matter. More and more players are starting to use bola tamers due to they basically suck (some can destroy people on a mage but are now moving towards bola tamers more often). If you are fighting on a beetle or swamp dragon and you're going against bola tamers expect your mount will be killed or trapped it's as simple as that. If this makes you rage in any way I would suggest staying off the field. Look at the prices of bolas alone, they used to be roughly 100k per charge and they are now closer to 200k per charge aka more players are gravitating towards using pets. In all honesty it's really no difference than a player throwing bolas without pets and trapping your pets so you're getting upset over a template that has been around since the start of uo.

I personally can't stand the use of non stop bola tamers instead of actual pvp which at least takes the knowledge of knowing spells and hot keys instead of having 1 hot key that says all kill but this is the new pvp of hybrid so either get used to it or go play another game.

Shino

Forum Moderator
Staff member

I've never understood why dumbasses like you argue against ideas that are clearly nothing but beneficial.

There is an obvious difference between spending 5+ minutes of your time just to grief someone by boating their mount, and dry looting someone. The latter is USEFUL. The former is NOT. Your brain must operate in a foreign manner if you find the two acts morally comparable.

Also, the phrase is "couldn't care less." Contrary to popular belief, could and couldn't aren't synonyms.

pet trapping can be usefull as well , so you must be new to this ? yeah ?
see if you stop dying 4 times a day you won't have to worry about your pets getting trapped.

i remember that time when i was bad and i was making forum thread about evil people luring pets.

is it your first day on UO ?

whats wrong with the pvp these days , is that everyone is a bola tamer. this thread made me happy.

yes and no just remove all pet balls.
than the risk of using a OP Template is back die and get trapped.

Amerigo

Sorceror
I had three beetles boated at Delucia yesterday and an unbonded swamp dragon killed. There is no rationalizing that.

I'll go against the crowd on this, and say yea I know it sucks. These same people that do this are the ones that come out of nowhere and gank your mule 5v1 and trash talk your ghost for 3 minutes, before boating your pet. It's annoying, and discourages people from playing the shard.

If you are using a pet for a fight, I say sure take their item that was helping them fight, but in my experience, most of the people doing this are taking and boating them to be asshats.

Ortiz

Sorceror
Everyone and their mother plays a bola tamer now. Cant find a decent field fight nowa days. Its either excessive people or pets.

uonoobs

Knight
Everyone and their mother plays a bola tamer now. Cant find a decent field fight nowa days. Its either excessive people or pets.
My cousin just came back to uo after a two year break yesterday.
I literally am ashamed of the state of hybrid when we try to find pvp together.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I don't pvp these days.. Mainly because my laptop is on its last legs lol but I gotta side with the OP on this... I can see doing this to someone you have a genuine beef with, but to just do this when ever where ever to joe blow newbie working his chars so he can grow on this shard? (as most of the griefers will do)

It's just fucking dumb in the long run.. Yea its uo.. Yea its fell rules but we don't have 6000 players like on OSI shards back in the hay days... Treat new players as the rare commodity they are right now lol

kill em, Rez em, help em out after ya make them shit their pants.. Dont leave em bitter and looking for a new server.

Please Help

Wanderer
whats wrong with the pvp these days , is that everyone is a bola tamer. this thread made me happy.
No, what is wrong with the pvp these days is everyone is in Holy and Holy does nothing but mass gank 10+ deep like a big wanker in the tunnels of hell on a cold ass winter night when you have no fire and the shard has no life because of it... keep it up Holy, the shard is dying because of you :p