UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Three Great Songs w/ Youtube Links

Mara

Knight
Re: Three Great Songs w/ Youtube Links

Emotion's Ghost;2120711 said:
Mara, I agree wholeheartedly! I have been to three of his shows and each time I experience goosebumps. As for the Prosser's Gabriel song, Tim Barry was inspired while reading Howard Zinn's (RIP) "People's History of the United States." Dylan's "Hurricane" and Barry's "Prosser's Gabriel" elicit an emotional response.

Those three bard skills really do exist in real life too. Prosser's Gabriel is really an amazing song, glad I got a chance to hear it.

shindig

Sorceror

YouTube - Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly
YouTube - Pink Floyd - Have a Cigar
YouTube - David Gilmour - There's no way out of here

Last song but live 30 years ago: YouTube - David Gilmour - There's no way out of here
YouTube - Wearing the Inside Out - Pink Floyd

And can't forget some Tool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw3FTiWRXF8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckMM0GPutfo&feature=related

Cant decide which laser show to hit up this weekend, been wanting to go for a while. They do Pink Floyd, Sublime, Bob Marley or Led Zepplin lazer shows in the big ass dome theatre about 4 miles from where I live: Welcome to the Seattle Laser Dome

Mara

Knight

darkguimage6666;2118634 said:

Dany Mortal;2118645 said:

These two have been growing on me. I used to steer clear of people wearing Iron Maiden shirts, but I'm starting to like that song a lot. You can also hear the angst and self-doubt in Joe Budden's voice in that second song there.

A mix.

YouTube - Heart-Crazy On You - Women who Rock
YouTube - Nilsson Without You - Killer love song.
YouTube - Supertramp - The Logical Song
YouTube - She's always a woman - Billy Joel
YouTube - Led Zeppelin- Ramble On - Guys were into J.R.R.Tolkien long before it was mainstream. What happens when nerds win, they win big.

Mara;2121051 said:
These two have been growing on me. I used to steer clear of people wearing Iron Maiden shirts, but I'm starting to like that song a lot. You can also hear the angst and self-doubt in Joe Budden's voice in that second song there.

A mix.

YouTube - Heart-Crazy On You - Women who Rock
YouTube - Nilsson Without You - Killer love song.
YouTube - Supertramp - The Logical Song
YouTube - She's always a woman - Billy Joel
YouTube - Led Zeppelin- Ramble On - Guys were into J.R.R.Tolkien long before it was mainstream. What happens when nerds win, they win big.

YouTube - Joe Budden - Pray For Me

Mara;2121176 said:
That's another really good one. Is it auto-biographical? Even if it's not, it's still pretty cool. I like that guy's music.

As far as I know 2 hit wonder, his only 2 good songs, but I could be wrong.

SavvyT

Sorceror

Joe Budden got punched in the face by Method Man, just sayin

all gay with the excepion of new slang and wish you were here , that underground trailor rap is for fags

Wow, I've heard a lot of great music in this thread! Some old, and some very new to me.

I'm going to go ahead and throw out a few of my favorites for ya, some you may know, some you may not.

These songs all are special to me in one way or another.

Hope you enjoy listening. :)

YouTube - Cat Stevens ( Trouble)
YouTube - Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen
YouTube - Swans- God Damn The Sun
YouTube - Heroin- Velvet Underground
YouTube - I love you in your tragic beauty- Legendary Pink Dots

Keep in mind, these songs in no way describe my musical taste as a whole; I just thought they would be more fitting with the over-all vibe of this thread.

Enjoy. :)

edit: gotta add a couple more than fit in with these. These are both actually one song, separated into two parts, obviously. They tend to have some long intros :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPm-1YMSyOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f668Ar9BM50

Mara

Knight

Cynical Machine 2.0;2121308 said:

I used to listen to Cat Stevens all the time when I was growing up. I think that my favorite song is Hard Headed Woman(one of the more important features I appreciate in a woman of high quality), but I haven't decided yet whether it's too obscure to post. Some good stuff. I kind of had weird music tastes for a kid. About halfway through college I started getting into a lot of the 60-70s stuff since there are a lot of people around with different tastes. Was mesmerized by how good the music was compared to what was on the radio. To be fair, you only hear the best stuff out of the hundreds of thousands of songs that were played on the radio at the time. Considering that acts like Justin Bieber and friends(nothing against the young lad) are headliners at the MTV Video Music Awards, it kind of says alot about the demographic that the record industry caters to these days.

Never heard anyone disrespect acts like Bob Marley and Hendrix for The Shins before jestalf. First for everything. Hah.

YouTube - David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
YouTube - Wings/Paul McCartney - Maybe I'm Amazed (HQ)
YouTube - Don't Come Around Here No More
YouTube - Neil Diamond - Forever in Blue Jeans (Stereo!)
YouTube - Smashing Pumpkins-Today-LYRICS-

Mara

Knight

Cynical Machine 2.0;2121308 said:

I like these two a lot. I heard that Velvet Underground song a couple weeks ago, and you can hear their influence in bands like the Violent Femmes.

Dany Mortal;2121352 said:

Not saying the music is good or bad, but I usually haul ass away from women like that.

SavvyT;2121405 said:
The music video for this song is fucking awesome
YouTube - War Is My Destiny - Amazing Music Video

This is a great song and video. When it comes to collateral damage, I'm surprised we don't have a lot more people with that mentality and purpose in life. Maybe they have the hate, and it won't go away, but the practicality of taking action on it is limited.

Mara;2121427 said:
I like these two a lot. I heard that Velvet Underground song a couple weeks ago, and you can hear their influence in bands like the Violent Femmes.

Not saying the music is good or bad, but I usually haul ass away from women like that.

This is a great song and video. When it comes to collateral damage, I'm surprised we don't have a lot more people with that mentality and purpose in life. Maybe they have the hate, and it won't go away, but the practicality of taking action on it is limited.

check the one i posted after that..

Mara

Knight

Dany Mortal;2121481 said:
check the one i posted after that..

Not bad. Similar in theme to the other Joe Budden song that you posted, about many people seeming to only care when you are on top. Hard to find people that care about you when you are/have nothing but yourself - that's when you know you have found a quality friend/person. I wasn't going to post anymore today, and this is probably way out of everyone listenings genre...but this is a good song/story. You'll probably laugh.

YouTube - RUBY, DONT TAKE YOUR LOVE TO TOWN KENNY ROGERS & FIRST EDITION