UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting a roleplaying community

Sintoo

Sorceror
Starting a roleplaying community

I dont know if there is a roleplaying community on here but most posts seem to be aged atleast a couple of months back and it looks like it never really got going.

Anyways I was thinking about starting up a ropleplaying community and wanted to check out the general interest and also astablish a few general rules that will work for all involved.

I was thinking about a PVP oriented RP community such as the diffrent races and the diffrent kind of guilds being at war or allies with eachouther there will ofcourse be room for people that does not want to do PVP but their guilds will still be flagged orange for greater RP interaction.
This still having the main focus on RP and not on PVP.

So some of the general rules I was thinking about so for. I've stolen most of it from CoY...or pretty much all of it :p and some from the RP community here.

General Rules:

No magic items.

Do not kill an enemy on sight.

Do not enter a building when you are mounted.

No obscene language or immature attitude accepted.
Stay in character at all time (use guild chat if there something you need to say or ask )

No camping at enemy territory. If you've been to any enemy territory, no matter what you did there (just walked around), don't return for 20 minutes

All guildmembers must have their guild abbreviation shown, except if they are civilians

No Banning from houses, and Remove should only be used in roleplayed context in non-combat situations. *kicks out assassin through window*

Avoid attacking characters that are obviously disconnected (but don't expect people to notice in the heat of battle, and don't complain when mistakes are made)

And I was thinking about a a MAX amount of armor to wear around 35 - 40.

No coloured weapons.

Rules of WAR:

Looting & stealing
For each encounter, things lootable and stealable are limited to:
Up to 500 gold and any number of gems
50 Bandages, food and 5 of each potion
10 of each Reagents and scrolls

No poisoned weapons unless you can poison them yourself
You may not use any spells in combat if you are mounted at any time in the battle.
Mages may only use one summoned animal ("Summon Creature" spell) in battle.

If you die, get ressurrected and return to your corpse. As soon as you reach it, hide, loot your remaining gear and then get away from the battle scene.
Avoid being seen as much as possible. You're currently a casualty of war.
Keep the death-robe on for 30 minutes, and do not rejoin the battle. This marks that you are Injured and may not participate in any way, including healing, stealing etc.

Leave your thoughts, ideas and interest.

I'm starting up a samurai clan myself but do the lack of founds it may take a time before it kicks into gear.

As for outher kind of guilds if your interested I was thinking

Orcs
Elves
Vikings
Savages
Pirates
Highwaymen
Undead

But its better atleast at the beginning if we can get alot of people into one sort of guild then having 2-3 people in 10 diffrent kind of guilds so please no..diffrent clans of orcs and such you know what I mean.

and so forth.

And I wish to keep this on a kind of "real" (whatever that means when you have orc and undeads fighting it out) based so not evryone having titles like Lord, Count, Lady, and King. When you start to have about a thousand of subordinates then you may call yourself a king.

Lord_Zero

Sorceror
Count me in as a pirate :)
I'm not really good at swinging the cutlass, but I still have my way of doing battle :D

As for the rules and restrictions, I agree with them, but I think that this one with the max armour value is useless, just use armour ignore/pierce against someone with 70 physical.
It would be nice if those wars take place in Trammel, this way no PKs or other players may interfere.

----
Ryo Ishikawa [FoA]
Entarder
Lares

kio123

Knight
Orcs
Elves
Vikings

these 3 are enought to make a whole life of rp :p

btw count me in as a pirate too. not a combat pirate tho (whoa hows that even possible :p) but a more like a dodger :p

Sintoo

Sorceror
The Dimori Clan

So here some information on the RP guild I was thinking about starting.

Ranking system:

Temple masters will be the ONLY rank that is allowed to use magic and there will be very few I was thinking of 2 as a maximum when/if we get established.

How you advance through ranks is purely depending on good roleplaying and activity....though I need some starting players to fill out the daimyo, ninja master and temple master parts...so If you feel your interested and you'd like to help newer players that will come to join and have a decent roleplaying ability feel free to PM me.

Information on ranks:

Peasant: The lowest of ranks this is what you will start out as when you join before you will be accepted into one of the different casts that you want to join.

Samurai: A trained warrior of the clan, and the main fighting force.

Ninja: Stealthy assassins who uses poison to weaken their enemies and is used for ambushing.

Monk: Trained in various weapon skills, or might be dedicated to different arts like crafting.

Daimyo: The leaders of the samurais who are allowed to lead small bands of samurais.

Ninja: Master: The leader of the ninjas.

Temple Master: A monk who has dedicated his life to meditation and finding inner peace.

Shogun: The leader of the clan.

There will ofcourse also be room for beggers and normal townfolks, treasure hunters and so forth but they will be categorized into peasant and monks depending on skills so dont think you have to be a fighter just to join.

If you want to join the only real requirement is that you have an asian sounding name. (names like Bruce Lee and John Woo wont work :p and try to choose your own name and not something from a videogame, movie or series)

Some links where you can check out names.

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.html

http://www.japanese-name-translation.com/site/japanese_baby_names.html

More information to come :) just thought I get started.

Sintoo

Sorceror
It would be nice if those wars take place in Trammel, this way no PKs or other players may interfere.

yeah the only real downside to trammel is that you can run thru people so some strategy elements are out of the question.

kio123

Knight
no make it in fel it should be realistic.
i remember our elf guild in a previous shard. our elven hq was sieged by every non-rpers and rpers who had sworn to make uo a torment to us. it was really really fun.

Sintoo

Sorceror
I doubt that someone will want to run through my dragon

Right...though I fail to see the connection between a pirate and a dragon.
Does the dragon fit on the boat?
Does the dragon fly above the boat?
If it does, does it never get tired and have to land and rest?
If it does how does it find its way back to you?
Does it smell your stinky pirate ale breath?
Do you have a telepathy link to your dragon and in that way it can locate you?

Maybe you were looking for a treasure on a deserted island wich was guarded by a dragon and you 2 fell in love and are now married?

:p starts the count down until evryone is going to be a vampire lord with magic and seeing evryone named Aragorn running around.

Wasent really what I was thinking about when starting a roleplaying community.
But 'll sit queit and see how it turns out before passing any judgement.

no make it in fel it should be realistic.

Yeah but since I dont want to encourage only pvp roleplaying I think trammel is the better choice and its kind of hard to roleplay having a bunch of magic users comming up going CORP POR on your ass evrytime they get in a screens range.

kio123

Knight
no trammel is how can i say dull. those cor pors make salt to your roleplay. as i said i lived it and it really worked.
what will you do in trammel *bow* and *sigh* and *nod* to each other? have costume parties?

pirates are known to have small animals like parrots following them everywhere. so if a pirate gets this taming out of control well maybe he can lend a hand on a dragon egg :p
also he might end up having a smoking ship too :p

Lord_Zero

Sorceror
Right...though I fail to see the connection between a pirate and a dragon.
I have already started telling the story of my character in the thread "A New Beginning". Be patient, you'll see the development of the character that I intend to use [Lares] there. I haven't written this in a story, but it should answer you questions.

He is a guy with strong dislike for magic and can handle animals really well. Sailing with a ship named "Dyn", that he bought from the capital, he made a visit on an island far away in the sea. After wandering there for a day and making friends with the wolves, he climbed a table-land filled with spiders. Getting through the jungle was hard and his new friends fought side-by-side with him. Suddenly, a large shadow passed over him as the air started to smell of sulfur .. it was a dragon.
Normally, the old wyrm would have killed him, but he saw Lares showing care and respect for his wolves. Some moments passed as the wyrm was thinking if this human has anything that would harm him and then the dragon, Neer, landed next to him.
Yet Lares stood bravely taking care of his pets. The dragon was astonished of this particular being .. every one else would have come to hunt his kin down with keep blades and harmful spells, while this one was different. Then the wyrm decided to share his knowledge of the world with the human, because there were no hatlichs left in his lair, they were either killed or gone far away.
The young Lares stayed there for quite a long time, discussing everything with the dragon, yet feared, yet grateful for the opportunity. Time passed as seasons changed. When the sprint came again, one day the wyrm took Lares into the depths of their temple-lair, where only draconians may normally enter. Then he said 'Brave man, you are weak, but you have learned alot.
Now comes the moment to prove your skills. We have one young wyrm here, his parents were killed and he became closed and estranged. Our elders were not able to bring in him the sparkle of life again. If you become a friend with him, take him around the world, across the seas, in the forein caves.. show him the Life as it was ment to be.If you cannot befriend him, you'll be on your own against him .. and his hungry'
No one except Lares and the young drakon knows what has happened there, It's only said that after a day, Lares came out, and the dragon, now naming himself Springborn was following him.
Saying goodbye to the wyrms' kin, he raised the anchor of Dyn, and set sail again into the sea. From distance, it was like any other ship, but when seen in close, there were runes engraved on it, and a shadow from the sky was Always following it as it leaved a trail of sulfer smell on it's course ..

Sintoo

Sorceror
Nice lil story you got there Lord_zero.

no trammel is how can i say dull. those cor pors make salt to your roleplay. as i said i lived it and it really worked.
what will you do in trammel *bow* and *sigh* and *nod* to each other? have costume parties?

Yeah I've done it to...and what happens is people go ballistic, powergaining, start using skills,weapons and armor wich arent allowed and the roleplaying part goes down the drain and it starts to be about who's the best, who got the better stuff and so on. Trying to hold an event while getting crashed by a PK'er evry 3 minutes starts to get to your nerves.

But maybe I just have a bad history with these things only community that really worked for me was back when I played a few years ago with the CoY community.

Yeah I was thinking about toga parties and the ability of making clever macros as the main reason why I wanted to start this RP community...

*cough*

:p No but seroiusly the only limit is your own imagination there is thousand of diffrents scenarios to be put together for example...

A caravan of the local townfolks miltia suddenly gets ambushed by orcs.

The undead has kidnaped a young women from the tribal village and is going to use her as a sacrifice for their rituals.

Vikings has suddenly arrived at the lands and has started to plunder.

You have to go to the caves of an unknown evil to find a rare artifact/ collect poison/ the growth of ettins has gone thru the roof and you need to keep the count down.

Tournaments/treasure hunting/monsterkilling.

Just walking over to an enemy encampment and play it from there.

I wanted to make a community that can create scenarios by working together as a community.

And if you go to felucca I'm sure the PK'ers will still kill you even if your not based there.

On a second note the Dimori Clans first house has just been set in Yew and when I get the money there might actually be something more then just a dirt plot :p and the roofing is KILLING me nothing goes where I want it to.

Hell you can even make it a scenario by going to the moongate and go to felucca...a land where evrything seems dead evryone seems to ride a mystic mount, be able to cast magic and wield great weapons and they all for some reason want you dead.

Kind of sad to see that there only seems to be 3 of us interested at all in this :)

Sintoo said:
Kind of sad to see that there only seems to be 3 of us interested at all in this :)

First of all I would like to say that I am very happy to see some RP finally starting up and wish you good luck!

My name is Jake Blackstone, I am a citizen of Emerald Glenn, a player run town. Although I have currently gone inactive for a little bit because of UO consuming too much of my time, my friend Sirch and I have been looking into doing the exact type of thing you are talking about with RP wars/scenarios and that sort of thing. So what do you say maybe work together in the future when I get back into the game?

Might I also advise showing up for story night, http://www.uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=6181
it is a big RPer hang out. Maybe you might be able to recruit a few people for your cause there, while also enjoying some really great stories like
http://www.uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=8647

Whatever you do, I just want to say thank you for really trying to promote RP in UO. It's a really rare thing that adds depth to it, it is the only thing that keeps UO from becoming a simple single player PvM game.

kio123 said:
im sory but my nerves started a habit of rebelling when my eyes read the word "emerald glenn"
emerald glenn is a community or city or whatever that makes rigged competitions and reward their own members in events they make.
what he is talking about is something that must be pure, free of greed and entricas.

If you are referring to the last Komodo Night, where 2 CiV members won, I can assure you that it was completely corruption free. They only happen to win because they had the two best stories there, voted by the listeners. This can be proved by the last 2-3 nights where CiV members have not won. If you still feel that we are corrupt, I am sorry you feel that way and hope that we can earn your trust in the future.

If you still wish to discuss this more, please PM me in order not ruin Sintoo post. My offer still stands of working together in order to build a stronger RP base. I must only warn you though if we do not stand together we will fall like all other RP guilds have. As Sintoo implied before that it is kinda hard to found a guild of three members.

Kio123,

I understand you are upset that YOU did not win, but the reason is simple.
The other story was better than yours. I do not usually even award a 2nd
place prize at Story night, but several kind folks donated the prizes.

There was a 4 way I believe tie for 2nd place because nearly EVERYONE
voted for Sirch. His storyw as simply amazing. The only ones who did not
vote for Sirch, I believe voted for themselves. You I beleive voted for
yourself etc etc etc. So a few people got tied for second place.

When this happened, I chose second place using my OWN judgement.
And I felt that Yours was not the second best story.

Now given your attitude as of late on the forums, I really do not care
if YOU ever return to Story Night. If you can come and mind your manners
and follow the rules you are welcome. But if you wish to suggest that
the Story Night is rigged, well you can just not ever come back.

I would also like to point out that RARELY does a CiV member win.

So thank you for you most UNinformed opinion.

DoLittle

pbguy434

Knight
The first 2 weeks I won, and then the third week there was a tie between me and my friend. And I somehow won the costume contest. Its not rigged.

Yea Thank you Pbguy!!!

See!!
Not rigged, just someone feeling pissy because they did not get
a pair of ice white sandals.

Well boo freaking hoo.

pbguy434

Knight
Well actully it is rigged because for some reason I haven't won the past three that I have been there. I didn't even tell a story, but since its rigged I clearly had no chance.