UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Run UO

Yaz

Squire
As long as spell weaving is stays as strong as it is right now, it doesn't even matter.

A perfect Synced Dump (between 2 people) can drop anyone, spellweaving isn't the issue here. It's the lack of PVP competence 'under razor' which has now evolved to noobs becoming 'Uber' mages just because they can hold down buttons and run. I was fighting some guy the other day, I honestly couldn't stay on his screen for longer than 4 seconds just because it was impossible for me to try heal through that ma/fb spam

PS: I wasn't even cursed FFS

This shit is ridiculous

kolbycrouch

Knight
I can use razor, and nobody using steam on the field is going to overpower me, it's just gonna make them a lot stronger than they should have been.

Spellweaving is whats hurting pvp. Same template that's overpowered in group pvp, is also the best group pvm template, meaning I don't need any diversity in my group like before. You can self-res, on a red. You can auto-heal buff. You can AOE me from 12 tiles away and destroy my casting. You can AOE me from up to 10 tiles as fast as a harm cast and destroy my casting even worse. You can cast 5 summons as fast as mini-heal that do the collective damage of 3 daemons.
You can do all of this while 2 people are cycling bola's so I can NEVER remount, and 2 other people are looping magic arrow and fireball on me with my dead casting by only holding down a single button.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
So, Judging off Ryan's post-- he really likes Shroud of the Avatar? Anyone else played this game by Lord British yet?

Yaz

Squire
I can use razor, and nobody using steam on the field is going to overpower me, it's just gonna make them a lot stronger than they should have been.

Spellweaving is whats hurting pvp. Same template that's overpowered in group pvp, is also the best group pvm template, meaning I don't need any diversity in my group like before. You can self-res, on a red. You can auto-heal buff. You can AOE me from 12 tiles away and destroy my casting. You can AOE me from up to 10 tiles as fast as a harm cast and destroy my casting even worse. You can cast 5 summons as fast as mini-heal that do the collective damage of 3 daemons.
You can do all of this while 2 people are cycling bola's so I can NEVER remount, and 2 other people are looping magic arrow and fireball on me with my dead casting by only holding down a single button.

I know what you mean... Bolas should dismount you based on your weapon skill + hci and on the opponent's weapon skill + dci [same calculation as darts]

Bama

Bug Huntress
No
Bola's should not be instant there should be a (4 second?) delay from double click to throwing

kolbycrouch

Knight
There are several ways it could be changed. I'm mostly referring to how you can be bola'd and instantly re-bola'd as soon as the first timer wears off. If anything, there should be a delay before YOU can be bola'd again after the timer wears off.

missy22184

Sorceror
Thanks Ryan and Eos for posting. I have mourned the loss of this game before (I know, I'm entirely too sentimental). When I read the message on the Run UO site yesterday, I was very sad.... Talk about the end of an era.
I understand now that Demise will continue without RunUO, it sorta has already ;)
This game is such a time commitment that despite our best efforts, it becomes a part of us. I have an amazing life outside of gaming, but I love to play UO, and I don't see myself starting on OSI, ever. So, when Demise goes, I go. I totally saw my UO life flash before my eyes...lol!
I hope to play with my kids on Demise someday :rolleyes:

Slugworth

Squire
Let's use AOS Redux casting code, best code youre gonna find that is like osi. Bam problem solved, steam drowned.

lord apollo

Sorceror
I'm not so convinced about Shroud of the Avatar any more ;(

I have played a few of the earlier releases. I was super stoked about it at first. . but honestly I didn't even log in during the last 3 releases. Guess I just lost interest. probably because I just discovered Archeage. LOL

SelectThis

Sorceror
Big thanks to Ryan and Eos and the rest of the Demise/Hybrid staff who spend their time making our time more enjoyable. Even though I haven't played much recently (work issues *sigh*), it's good to know Demise will be here for when the itch returns :)

Last edited: