UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Okay.... Colored Sandals

Phelon

Knight
I don't exactly understand Xaviers explanation. How does one differentiate between say "original rare Purple" sandals from the "OSI pigment" dropped purple sandals? Same question with all the other like colors.

I wasn't playing when colored sandals were around before so please excuse me if this is stupid question.

Hellka

Wanderer
I just wanted that point to be made somewhere. But the answer to your question is pretty obvious, you would need an item of the given 'hue' to compare it with.

Phelon

Knight
I just wanted that point to be made somewhere. But the answer to your question is pretty obvious, you would need an item of the given 'hue' to compare it with.

Of course it is, which is why I asked the question. Is there a resource where I can view the original colored sandal hues?

Until then all of the sandals are worth the same I guess.

BrotherDon

Sorceror
probably not unless you coerced xavier into giving you the item hue code and ran a private server and made your own.

What he is saying is that the original purple hue is unique to demise, the new ones are the same hue as OSI pigments which will eventually be implemented here, thus while they are rare now they will sooner or later be common place. kinda like homers umbra robe used to be one of a kind now everyone with 400g can go buy a monk robe.

If you arent interested in recreating the sandals and just being able to differentiate between legit rare and new, eventually not rare, theres all sorts of free programs that will magnify a portion of the screen over the mouse pointer and give the color code of whatever pixel the mouse is hovering over, any of those should do the trick.

Phelon

Knight
probably not unless you coerced xavier into giving you the item hue code and ran a private server and made your own.

What he is saying is that the original purple hue is unique to demise, the new ones are the same hue as OSI pigments which will eventually be implemented here, thus while they are rare now they will sooner or later be common place. kinda like homers umbra robe used to be one of a kind now everyone with 400g can go buy a monk robe.

If you arent interested in recreating the sandals and just being able to differentiate between legit rare and new, eventually not rare, theres all sorts of free programs that will magnify a portion of the screen over the mouse pointer and give the color code of whatever pixel the mouse is hovering over, any of those should do the trick.

Thanks BD. So to the hue ignorant, like myself, the similar colors are as just as good as the comparable "rares" since we haven't been getting any updates since January or something with no sign of any future updates.

And a turd brown monks robe is nothing like Homers.

kinda like homers umbra robe used to be one of a kind now everyone with 400g can go buy a monk robe.
You can't dye, pigment, or otherwise color a monk's robe: they will forever be that hideous brown.

A better comparison would've been those oak leaf cloaks you can pick up for what, less than a million? That's comparatively accessible.

Thanks BD. So to the hue ignorant, like myself, the similar colors are as just as good as the comparable "rares" since we haven't been getting any updates since January or something with no sign of any future updates.
You could put it that way. Though IIRC, the newer dye tubs, etc. are among the things closest to being ready, so whenever updates finally get reinstated for RunUO/Demise, they'll certainly be among the first.

And again, this re-raises an old question I had before, that I THINK I'd asked Xavier... (might've been someone else) Would SpyUO (a packet-sniffing utility often used for checking OSI things) be allowed for Demise? Technically you can't gain any advantage from using it: it's purely a code-related tool. It's a situation like that that makes me think it'd be of use: as with OSI, the chief easy use is to get a specific object's hue number.

And a turd brown monks robe is nothing like Homers.
This.

el pepino

Sorceror
Original will be from a regular dye tub or black dye tub. Doesn't matter who had the ones that were here first they will all be the same.
The new tokuno ones didn't exist before now but should be able to be made later using exceptionally crafted sandals.
So actually all of the tokuno colored ones are rare too as they are not exceptionally crafted. SPOILER!!! :cool:

Part of what makes me wonder is, about those 140 luck, 20% LRC, etc. leather leggings... Wouldn't they likely be flagged as "staff-modded" and perhaps wind up subject for deletion sometime later? :p
Razor, Display/Counters, ADD, Target, Compare colors by noting the Color (Any: -1) #.
You are Welcome. :cool:
When'd they add THAT little box to Razor? I somehow missed it.

el pepino

Sorceror
Part of what makes me wonder is, about those 140 luck, 20% LRC, etc. leather leggings... Wouldn't they likely be flagged as "staff-modded" and perhaps wind up subject for deletion sometime later? :p

Years? People underestimate how amazing razor actually is or can be. Considering its what we have to work with I recommend people familiarizing themselves with its functions.

As for the items they are all possible combinations of mods so I don't see any conflict with them. In Seer quests on OSI all kinds of special items were handed out as trophies/rewards from unique artifatcs, moded jewls, labeled deco, etc.
I'd say its about time we had some more stuff like that here on Demise. Kudos to Xavier for the very thought out and crowd pleasing event!

Your concerned about some bullshitting luck leggings? Have you seen half the fucking gear floating around lately?

RicFlair

Wanderer
Yea Xavier put a count on the sandals that were already out but he never put out a number on the Chaos blue, purple, zerker red, invul blue and lime green sandals. there anyway we can get a count on those?

Buiu

Knight
Your concerned about some bullshitting luck leggings? Have you seen half the fucking gear floating around lately?
qft
2 crafters with a very large collection of bods rewards lol

but honestly, it s a sick and pimp bone leggs lol..
140 luck 20 lrc lmc 8 and some other mod i dont remember mage armor.. lol kinda uber moded tbh,,
and where that alchemy brac named "orly?" with ornament color came?