UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Newbie spell weaving question

Noobacca

Wanderer
hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Ive just come back to Demise after not playing for about 2-3 years and I was curious about running a new spell weaver/Dexer template. I was thinking along the lines of:
Swordsmanship
Tactics
Bushido
Chivalry
Parrying
Spell weaving
Resist spells

I know I'm lacking healing/anatomy but thought that gift of renewel, close wounds and confidence would do enough as well as constantly using attunement for damage reduction. Spam some natures fury or summon fey along with immolating weapon and I should be able to do some decent damage, right? Happy for some feed back from more experienced players!

Also, back when I was playing a few years back, I found SW scrolls quite frequently but now I just can't seem to find any. I've camped the painted caves for a couple of hours and haven't managed to find any. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance everyone!

Tanya

Traveler
hey everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Ive just come back to Demise after not playing for about 2-3 years and I was curious about running a new spell weaver/Dexer template. I was thinking along the lines of:
Swordsmanship
Tactics
Bushido
Chivalry
Parrying
Spell weaving
Resist spells

I know I'm lacking healing/anatomy but thought that gift of renewel, close wounds and confidence would do enough as well as constantly using attunement for damage reduction. Spam some natures fury or summon fey along with immolating weapon and I should be able to do some decent damage, right? Happy for some feed back from more experienced players!

Also, back when I was playing a few years back, I found SW scrolls quite frequently but now I just can't seem to find any. I've camped the painted caves for a couple of hours and haven't managed to find any. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Interesting template, I added a few days ago to my template 24 Spell weaving (for reaper form and immolating weapon), my template was:

120 weapon skill
120 bushido
100 magic resist
120 tactics
120 parry
70 chivalry
70 spirit speak

(For healing I use curse weapon spell)
I think also add maybe 120 Spell weaving (instead of parry) and test it in spawns. Then probably need more fc/fcr and weapons with SC.
But I am not sure, if 120 Spell weaving will add more damage then from 120 anatomy :)
There is also a problem with immolating weapon: very hard to cast it even with 2fc (melee), need probably more faster casting.

Last edited:

Noobacca

Wanderer
Interesting template, I added a few days ago to my template 24 Spell weaving (for reaper form and immolating weapon), my template was:

120 weapon skill
120 bushido
100 magic resist
120 tactics
120 parry
70 chivalry
70 spirit speak

I think also add maybe 120 Spell weaving (instead of parry) and test it in spawns. Then probably need more fc/fcr and weapons with SC.
But I am not sure, if 120 Spell weaving will add more damage then from 120 anatomy :)
There is also a problem with immolating weapon: very hard to cast it even with 2fc, need probably more faster casting.
Nice. It's really tricky because it's hard finding decent hybrid items (e.g. Fc/fcr, lmc, mana regen plus the combat stats like hit chance/defence chance. I'll play around with it a bit more and see how it goes (I borrowed a full SW book from an alt and I'm nearly at GM)

MB

Knight
spell weaver/Dexer template

Dexter-LoM

Knight

120 weapon skill
120 bushido
100 magic resist
120 tactics
120 parry
70 chivalry
70 spirit speak

There is also a problem with immolating weapon: very hard to cast it even with 2fc (melee), need probably more faster casting.
You don't need sc on your weapon for sw