UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Making Macros, in what?

jaketheman

Sorceror
Making Macros, in what?

Okay, so I see a lot of people that say something like this, taking from Sunfire's skill guide:
Macro: Steal Target Short Spear, Drag back to box. Wait 10 secs, Loop.
And many other thinks, something much more complex that definently makes it sound like it's some kind of language for Razor or EUO. Where do I enter that information? I can't actually type in the commands for a macro in razor right? Just record... I'll try and find a more complex example that shows more what I mean about it not sounding like it's just instructions for making macros with record in Razor. Where am I supposed to enter that in?

Addicted

Disciple
Re: Making Macros, in what?

Razor has the ability to record actions and play them back. You can also insert pause and "wait for" commands by just right clicking.

If you want to enter a pause command, select the line of the macro just above where you want the pause, right click it, and select insert pause/wait.

I hope this helps.

jaketheman

Sorceror

Yes, that bit a knew, though I do appreciate it. The problem is.. how do you do this?

If Mana >= 40
If Hits >= 60
CastSpell Flamestrike
Wait for Target
Target Self
Pause 1 sec.
End If
Else
UseSkill Meditation
Pause 35 sec
End If

Where is that macro at? This was found in a post "Crazier macro you written" Written being the keyword. How do you write macros?

pbickerd

Wanderer

To make the above macro first RECORD a macro that does the following:

Cast spell flamestrike
target self
use skill mediation

Do this with the record option in razor and actually performing those actions in game.

Then press stop.

Go to the start of the macro and right click, then choose "insert special fucntion" or something similar im at work now so cant check. You have an option there for an If condtion. This brings up a dialogue that lets you choose for example mana or hits, then >= or <= then a value eg. 60.

You can use this same right click menu to insert pauses, end ifs and change and absolute target to target self or last target etc.

Have a play with it and you will get it. There is no way to "write" a macro. You just record it then tweak it afterwards with the addtional contructs available.

Hope this helps.

jaketheman

Sorceror

pbickerd;1424919 said:
To make the above macro first RECORD a macro that does the following:

Cast spell flamestrike
target self
use skill mediation

Do this with the record option in razor and actually performing those actions in game.

Then press stop.

Go to the start of the macro and right click, then choose "insert special fucntion" or something similar im at work now so cant check. You have an option there for an If condtion. This brings up a dialogue that lets you choose for example mana or hits, then >= or <= then a value eg. 60.

You can use this same right click menu to insert pauses, end ifs and change and absolute target to target self or last target etc.

Have a play with it and you will get it. There is no way to "write" a macro. You just record it then tweak it afterwards with the addtional contructs available.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, it solved it. And thanks to Addicted again.

All of these but the record macro is under special constructs

If Mana >= 40 | If clause
CastSpell Flamestrike | 2nd part of macro
Target Self | 3rd part
Pause 1 sec. | Insert pause wait
End If | End if clause
Else | Else clause
UseSkill Meditation | recorded macro
Pause 35 sec | Insert pause wait
End If | End if clause

There is an easier way and makes sure you don't get stuck in a loop fault
Do
Cast Flamestrike
wait for target
target self
wait for 1 second
If hits <=60
use skill med
wait for hits >60
end if
if mana <=40
use skill med
wait for mana >40
end if
should run smoothly and not mess up with a waiting for timeout timer
REMINDER this is with someone else healing you...