UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

xaxas

Wanderer
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

aazim said:
a little beside the main subject..
im building a mage with parry - wrestl - eval - anatomy
i think this combination will be imposible for a warrior to take down
because it grants the highest def chance posible from skills
but im not sure how much is the bonus for having anatomy + eval
can someone tell me ?

The formula is (anatomy + eval)/2 + 20.

Btw if you have wrestling it is useless to have anatomy, because the def chance from anat + eval is not added to the wrest def chance. Mind that you need dex for parrying. The minimum needed is 80, having less you suffer a penalty for your chance to block.

pbguy434

Knight
Re: how a warrior/pal (without nec & mage skill) defeat a wrestling mage in duel ?

On OSI you don't need dex for Parry.

lordwolfx

Knight

DP a weapon =] DP takes afew casts to cure in most cases...

after Infectious Strike do either Bleed or Mortal, should be GG if you keep on their asses...

Of course the hit harm/fireball/light ect ect would help alot too..

and HML wouldent be too bad so u can keep spamming it

lordwolfx

Knight

wait im not certin about post AoS, but is infectious strikes poison lvl dependant on what lvl poison u apply to it? =D

i miss the days of being able to DP any bladded item, DPed Vanq Dagger of Dragons Breath FTW

lordwolfx said:
DP a weapon =] DP takes afew casts to cure in most cases...

after Infectious Strike do either Bleed or Mortal, should be GG if you keep on their asses...

Of course the hit harm/fireball/light ect ect would help alot too..

and HML wouldent be too bad so u can keep spamming it

That's generally what I do, but then you'll usually miss hitting them at least 5 times before you can land a killing blow. And mortal will have expired allowing them to in mani at will.

z0rak

Wanderer

a perfectly played dexer will always die to a perfectly played mage. your whole numeric evaluation, shyquake, is exactly right -- if a mage does everything exactly right at the maximum possible speed, he will NOT die to a dexer.

There's no secret strategy that you're missing, all classes are not equal, mages are overpowered; you can't beat 'em, so go ahead and join 'em.

xaxas

Wanderer

z0rak said:
There's no secret strategy that you're missing, all classes are not equal, mages are overpowered

QFT. I think that its about end time OSI actually does somethign about that, but...

Lucifall

Knight

If i'm right, OSI is trying to nerf FC/FCR to 1/2.

OutOfReiatsu

Wanderer

Better than nerf mages, I say buff warriors:) Keep nerfing and soon noone will be able to beat a champ.

xaxas

Wanderer

OutOfReiatsu said:
Better than nerf mages, I say buff warriors:) Keep nerfing and soon noone will be able to beat a champ.

Here comes the idea of team work. Keep buffing & soon ppl will be able to solo Semi & Mefo

Lucifall

Knight

Mephitis? She is soloable by a necromancer. Revenant, them corpse skin and a fire hitting weapon, preferably melee, arachinid slayer and such.

Windows Dark

Wanderer

I've never seen anyone doing Mephits or Semidar alone... (I mean the whole spawn)

Lucifall you're wrong :>

xaxas

Wanderer

Yes, I am talking about the whole spawn. Every champion is soloable if we are talking about the boss only. However getting it to appear is the hard part. Soloing coon is easy, the pvm part that is. A necro-mage should be able to complete it in less than 1 - 1.5 hours. Rikktor is harder, although probably doable. Neira, semi, mefo, oaks -> no frikken way for 1 person to complete them.

Anyways, we shifted the topic....

Lucifall

Knight

Oh, the whole spawn its impossible :p but the champ is easy.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Mages are overpowered, If you have low ping. 2/6 is purely ping based, and this is totally stupid, since a character's performance should NOT be based on the person's connection. That's just silly. I say they make mages 2/3, as 2/6 with normal ping is like 2/3, so a least all mages would be equal. 1/2 would be even better but I don't see that happening, too many mages would cry and leave UO since they'd finally get owned for once. Also resist spells should NOT be affected by evil omen, its one thing to waste 100+ points on a skill to not get paralyzed, but its another if it only takes one spell to remove it. I'm a necro, and I don't agree with lot of the things evil omen can do, specially combined with magery.

Also speaking of resist spells, I say it should either 1: reduce spell damage, or 2: give chance to resist damage spells. 100% for 1 circle 90% for 2nd, etc... and like 50% for 8th. At 120 it would be higher.

I don't play a mage so I don't have much mage experience, but on my test shard which I get 16ms ping, I can pretty much pwn anyone with a mage and it looks like I'm speed hacking. with a bit of practice I'd be a god and it has nothing to do with my skill, only my ping. It's just not right how magery works. The lower your ping, the better you perform. About 20% of a mage is the player's skill (mostly programming - scripts, game mechanic hacks/workarounds, etc), the rest is items and ping.

Let mages cast and run but have their spells affected by DCI and HCI. Problem lies in the mage's ability for their spells to always hit its target. I think if there was a way to protect against the spells always hitting, that would even things up a little.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

good luck doing that when they shoot a magic arrow every 50ms when you hit at 1250ms max :p (this will go down FAST as the MAs and other spells will bring you to 0 stamina even if you have 120 focus + vamp)

Mortal and AI help for mages though.... if you can hit.

ZachM1

Sorceror

You know that chaining magic arrow isnt even effective? You need to wait for one to hit (it has a damage delay) before targetting another one, or the first one will be cancelled out. Not nearly one every 50 ms. I see warrior templates beat mages all the time, maybe youre just doing something wrong.

I wont disagree that mages have things a little stacked in their favor, but the way you play them up, you act as if its like some toggle god mode switch.