UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(completed) Net Toss 06/07/2008 8pm EST

Re: Net Toss 06/07/2008 9pm EST

The staff gather the players onto a large cluster of docks out in the middle of the sea, then they start chucking colored and white fishing nets. The result is a HUGE swarm of sea monsters that attack everyone. Included are a small handful of Leviathans, who do have a like 25% chance to drop a minor artifact in the pack of anyone who gets loot rights. (so the more that get loot rights, the better the odds that more marties will drop)

honeyspider

Wanderer

actually, the 25% chance is for the one that tosses the net that brings the leviathan, i.e., in that case, LC or the staffer doing the event.
the marty chance formula for the leviathan killers is the common paragon chance:

1 / ( Math.Max( 10, 100 * ( 0.83 - Math.Round( Math.Log( Math.Round( fame / 6000, 3 ) + 0.001, 10 ), 3 ) ) ) * ( 100 - Math.Sqrt( m.Luck ) ) / 100.0 )

where fame = 24000 (leviathan's fame), and m.Luck is your char's luck.

that is, with 0 luck, your chance is around 1/22 (4.5%), with 1000 luck it goes up to 1/15 (6.7%) etc

(note that you must have looting rights in the creature to have this chance... and i don't know how party works in these cases)

http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/Scripts/Mobiles/Monsters/Reptile/Magic/Leviathan.cs
http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/Scripts/Engines/AI/Creature/Paragon.cs

honeyspider;398699 said:
actually, the 25% chance is for the one that tosses the net that brings the leviathan, i.e., in that case, LC or the staffer doing the event.
the marty chance formula for the leviathan killers is the common paragon chance:
My bad, then; I mis-read the scripts, and thought that it inserted a base 25% chance for those that killed it as well as those that tossed the nets.

this event was stoopid - all you need a spellweaver and you get loot rights to all the shit

made it near impossible for any other character type to have a chance to even partake in the event

maybe next time better planning will take place

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

of course subjazz... maybe next time I'll change all possible classes that can even show up. Would that work for you?

I was there for a half an hour and never had a chance to even target the levi let alone get loot rights
So my point is this is why I never bother with events - and will never partake in one ever again.

nice way to treat a member who has been here since 2005 huh
*golf clap*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Nice way for you to treat someone who gives their best to the shard for free....

and if you couldn't target any of the levi's, then you need to work on targetting skills because there is so much crap to target, how could you possibly miss?

The events aren't for everyone. Some people like only the PvP and some people like the PvM and some folks don't like either. It doesn't hurt my feelings if you choose to not participate but don't make it out like it is everyone elses fault for having a certain template or playing a certain way.

WarUO

Sorceror

Subjazz why do you complain about somthing that is free? if you dont like it stop playing or learn how to play better so maybe next time you can target. Lady Crimson puts alot of time and effort and i personally think she does a great job with all the events she plans and does for us. So like i said if you dont like it dont play.

Noir-demise

Wanderer

Even though I died a lot and didn't get much as far as loot, I had fun. Thanks for the event Lady Crimson.

If the previous net tosses were any indication, subjazz, I'd have to say you're full of crap. I'd gotten loot rights on just about every leviathan that'd shown up in previous events, and gotten a couple of minor artifacts for my efforts, too. I wasn't using a spellweaving character; I'd brought my nox mage. Perhaps this evening I might bring my necromage instead. All it takes is some skill at targetting things, something you have to develop as a more focused mage, such as one that does any champion spawn other than Baracoon.

But really, even if that had been the case, not all events are for everyone. Tamers might whine that the dueling tournaments don't allow pets. Does that sound like a reasonable thing to whine over for you?

Thunder69n

Wanderer

I went in on my Dexxor and got a couple nets, I een got one with a cool color. I then went on my tamer and got some more nets and a message in a bottle. Works for me :)

Obviously this event was not designed for my character template. Which is why I was highly disappointed. I would have liked even a REMOTE opportunity and chance to get something (ANYTHING) besides watching eveyone else kill things before I even have a chance to target them. I was doing more rezzing than anything else.

All the dumbass nature's furies were wrecking my targeting - that is what really was pissing me off

And FYI Nottheking... I have done plenty of champs.... chump and led a few as well

Aeolus

Sorceror

This sounds like it was probably a blast- I'm sorry I missed it. I'll try to make the one tonight, but I'm going to a party so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.

Aeolus

Sorceror

Subjazz;398767 said:
Obviously this event was not designed for my character template. Which is why I was highly disappointed.
You've been here since 2005 and only have one character?!

Rops

Wanderer

Hey subjazz, you are lucky because you could attend the event, at least you have your choise to attend or not.

In my case, this thread was started after I went to bed yesterday night.
and when I wake up this morning, it had finished ;)

edited: i'm wrong, not this. but previous.