UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

comeback and... how do i play

eltaco

Sorceror
well yeah i got bored of most of the games i downloaded recently, even in Farcry 3, laying mines on the road and waiting for a mercenary car to come by is getting old, so... i downloaded the client again... again for the 1232143x time eh

so, i totally forgot how to setup the client to make it work with razor, i never liked sallos... if someone could point me the steps to do, i'd be really happy :) peace

eltaco

Sorceror
Welcome back :) and try out this site. Tessa did a great job building this site. http://tessascove.com/guides/razor.html
If you got more questions, post them up.

i remember how razor worked and my old school layout of spellbook icons on my screen to pvp.... it did work though

my problem is that razor doesn't work like it should

i get this error message now ("now", i.e., i was having cliloc messages, but i managed to fix the directory)
"La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés",
that part in French means : "The cache memory outbound is too short to contain the decoded caracters, coding Unicode..."
but i'm using a rather recent machine and play some graphics-heavy FPS games, etc., so it doesn't really make sense about the cache memory (..?)

i'm stucked i don't remember getting this. i downloaded the "UO Classic client" from UO.com so perhaps i've got a bad version?

System.ArgumentException: La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés, codage 'Unicode (UTF-8)' de secours 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
Nom du paramètre : chars
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow()
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
à System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)
à System.IO.BinaryReader.InternalReadOneChar()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.Read()
à System.IO.BinaryReader.PeekChar()
à Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
à Assistant.Language.LoadCliLoc()
à Assistant.Engine.Main(String[] Args)

Oenomaus

Hybrid Staff Member
Yah I am not entirely certain :/ I am more in game sort of stuff than this stuff haha :) Suzy would be the one that can answer this sort of thing, or if anyone else on this forums if they know. Sorry I don't entirely know. You can try to re-install and see if the problem goes away, but other than that I am lost. :/

eltaco

Sorceror
i remember how razor worked and my old school layout of spellbook icons on my screen to pvp.... it did work though

my problem is that razor doesn't work like it should

i get this error message now ("now", i.e., i was having cliloc messages, but i managed to fix the directory)
"La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés",
that part in French means : "The cache memory outbound is too short to contain the decoded caracters, coding Unicode..."
but i'm using a rather recent machine and play some graphics-heavy FPS games, etc., so it doesn't really make sense about the cache memory (..?)

i'm stucked i don't remember getting this. i downloaded the "UO Classic client" from UO.com so perhaps i've got a bad version?

System.ArgumentException: La mémoire tampon caractère de sortie est trop petite pour contenir les caractères décodés, codage 'Unicode (UTF-8)' de secours 'System.Text.DecoderReplacementFallback'.
à System.Text.Encoding.ThrowCharsOverflow(DecoderNLS decoder, Boolean nothingDecoded)
à System.Text.UTF8Encoding.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, DecoderNLS baseDecoder)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex, Boolean flush)
à System.Text.DecoderNLS.GetChars(Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex, Int32 byteCount, Char[] chars, Int32 charIndex)

edit:

i uninstalled my version and downloaded the UO client from there xhttp://tessascove.com/downloads.html
and i am back on the cliloc errors
"Razor was unable to locate and load a suitable UO clicloc file. Some text may not be displayed."

next error message:
(top of the box) " Could Not Start Client "
"Razor.exe/UOG.dll: Unable to find the client specified. TwoD: "-null-"

thing is i made sure to get my client directory with the "browse" button

Suzy

Hybrid Staff Member
Staff member
Some pointers, one of these will likely fix it:
  • After installing the UO client (which you should do through the latest 7.0.24.0 installer), run UOPatch.exe in the UO folder to download the rest of the client.
  • Make sure you are running the latest version of Razor.
  • Double check that the client directory is set to the exact location of client.exe (no typos!).

crikey

Sorceror
If you have trouble patching let us know here. Might have to give you instructions on editing a .cfg file...

took me forever to figure out lol

eltaco

Sorceror
update:

i've tried everything that was said, from the download link to the registry file (which i placed in the UO dir after adding it to the registry), etc.

i really feel this is related to some compatibility issue with windows 8. it's not my first time installing UO with razor or UOA and i've done everything i could :(

hope you can help me Mr Lahey,

Bobandy (no homo)

/ this is what i get when running both razor and UO.exe in compatibility mode for XP service pack 2