UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

best archer template?

Re: best archer template?

well im currently making one, using:
archery
tactics
anatomy
healing
bushido
chivalry
focus

bushido with enemy of one should be fun. I managed to get a 50% life leeching bow for like 999gold too. so, i dont expect to be dying quickly. (i hope)

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

Why bushido? The only skill worth using really is the Lightning strike.

And perfection I suppose...but honoring enemy kinda defeats the purpose of Archer since you cant move after using it.

It is worth only for the lightning strike. it cost only 5 mana and its 50 hci. I use it every shoot. And now I can take jewelerry and items to DI and ssi only.

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

Good point - I've been trying to choose between DI and HCI on most jewels I have =)

Thanks for the tip!

emoooo

Sorceror

UOmeadollar;415141 said:
Why bushido? The only skill worth using really is the Lightning strike.

And perfection I suppose...but honoring enemy kinda defeats the purpose of Archer since you cant move after using it.

actually you get the perfection bonus even if you move.

UOmeadollar

Wanderer

According to stratics, to beat an enemy in honorable combat you cannot move after honoring the enemy if you are using archery. Or you have to do all your damage while you are adjacent to them.

Which defeats the purpose of archery. Is it different here on demise?

emoooo

Sorceror

UOmeadollar;415160 said:
According to stratics, to beat an enemy in honorable combat you cannot move after honoring the enemy if you are using archery. Or you have to do all your damage while you are adjacent to them.

Which defeats the purpose of archery. Is it different here on demise?

you don't need to beat the enemy in a honorable combat to get the perfection bonus. You do need it to gain honor though which has nothing to do with perfection.

shug_nasty

Wanderer

thats what it says but ive moved lol and i wouldnt use healing or focus lol id go with necro for wraith form mana leech and id go SS for healing and then with both of them u can animate thats the best template for a gauntlet or doom archer:)

repiovesana

Sorceror

That's what I'm running (since yesterday), and I'm liking it. Seems to be quite resistant to most of the situations you'll find in PvM.

110 Archery
110 Tactics
100 Chivalry
100 Bushido
100 Necromancy
100 Spirit Speak
100 Resist Spells

I used to have Anatomy instead of resist, but then it was only good for anything that doesn't cast spells. Now I dropped Anatomy, my base damage (the one in the Status Screen) dropped like 10 points, but my problem with spellcasters is gone, which means more PvM versatility. I'm also bonding a swamp dragon for it's armor and damage reduction (wondering if it reduces damage from spells too?).

The gameplay is basic necro leecher playing: vamp form for life leeching, high mana leech on weapon to keep your mana high, close wounds or spirit speak for additional healing, consacrate weapon and lightning strike on every hit, enemy of one and honor on tough monsters. Though it seems to me that for yamandons, Wraith Form + Curse Weapon is still better.