UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Britain

Two Wolves

Knight
Battle for Britain

Guild Masters, sign up your groups as attackers or defenders.
DRP Members may sign up for either group as individuals.

Defenders of Britain: control regions [C, D, E, F] +
Commander, Silver Wolf
Field Marshal, - - -
Guild - Wolf Clan (Neutral)
Guild - Kingdom of Bretonnia (Neutral)
Guild - Seekers of Fortune (Good)
Guild - Britannia Guards (Good)
Escapade
Nicole Leandrea
Gryphon
Clementine

Invading Hordes
: control regions [A, B]
Commander, Illadin
War Lord, Pa'Okie
Guild - Bloodclan Orcs (Evil)
Guild - Dark Elves Alliance (Evil)
Guild - Undead (Evil)
Xirces
Digatalas

Battle Schedule (eastern time) and Results:
Invaders attack Britain Moongate (June 14, 9pm) - Victory
Invaders attack Road to Vesper (July 1, 3pm) - Victory
Invaders attack Eastern Britain (July 11, 7pm) - Victory
Invaders attack Western Britain (July 21, 1pm) - Defeat
Defenders free Eastern Britain (Aug 5, 8pm) - Victory
Defenders free Road to Vesper (Sept 2, 9pm) - Victory
Defenders free Britain Moongate (Sept 23, 2pm) - Defeat
Invaders attack Road to Vesper (Oct 12, 3pm) - Defeat
Defenders free Britain Moongate (Dec 16, 3:30pm) - Victory
Defenders free Mountain Pass (Feb 2, 7:30pm) - Victory
Invaders attack Mountain Pass (Unchallengeable)

The Battles:
link to, How to Join
There will be two groups, Defenders of Britain and Invading Hordes.
There will be a series of battles for total control of Britain.
The battles will take place in six designated regions around Britain.
The battles will be progressive and take the regions in order.
The attack sequence for Invaders is A - F, for Defenders F - A.
The winning side of a battle will gain Initiative ( + ) to attack the next region.
The side with Initiative can be Challenged if they do not announce an attack for two weeks.
The side issuing a Challenge gains Initiative if a battle does not occur for one week.
The time of the attack has to be announced with at least two days warning.

The Regions:
link to, Rough region map
A, Mountain Pass (control includes Road to Yew)
B, Britain Moongate (control includes Gate and Bridge)
C, Road to Vesper (control includes Castle of Blackthorn)
D, Eastern Britain (control includes Bridges and the Chamber of Virtues)
E, Western Britain (control includes West Britain Bank)
F, The Palace (the goal is to control the Palace region)

Two Wolves

Knight
Re: Battle for Britain

Hrnac;279915 said:
Are the Wolf Clan being allowed to enter the city?

-Dread Wolf

That is a great question. Wolf Clan rules are somewhat pliable. We say "avoid entering the Cities of the White-Eyes". But, sometimes it can not be avoided. As long as Wolf Clan is fighting on the side of the Defenders (and we may not always be) it will become unavoidable to enter the city if the Invaders take regions A, B and C.

Already the Bloodclan Orcs are acting very smug now that they control the Road to Yew and are blockading all trade. That is forcing merchants to go North through Snake's Pass to reach Yew.

Fortunately for Britain the Invading Hordes are relatively small in number and are very likely to loose there attack on the Britain Moongate region. After loosing an attack, it will be our sides turn to attack. They will then loose control of the Mountain pass, unless they do some recruiting over the next ten days.

Two Wolves

Knight

The Invading Hordes looks like they are going to get vastly out numbered unless they do some recruiting in the next ten days. Some have expressed concern about recruiting centered around player combat.

Even if we pull in some people who's characters only turn out for our PvP type events; that is fine with me as long as they are also good RP citizens when they do. And, we have been doing this how long now? The first UOG Demise Discussion post was, Appreciation: 10-19-2006 so about eight months.

We are getting fairly well established and have a good sense of what the community is looking for as far as RP quality goes. The rules and procedures are there. It may be time to try to stretch a bit, because we are ready to grow, because demise roleplayers has developed to the point where we can handle it.

Even if on the first attack Bloodclan Orcs and Hordes of Chaos show up with only three characters. The way this was thought through, that is ok. They can loose the battle. The Defenders get to attack next. They attack region A, Mountain Pass. Let's say Defenders also win that and open the Road to Yew back up for commerce.

Then the Invading Hordes have to keep attacking region A till they get a victory to move on to attack B, Britain Moongate again, and so forth. That gives them plenty of time to build up or catch the Defenders short of troops. What else? There are plenty of Neutral Guilds in the alliance who could change sides. Wolf Clan or Shadows could join the Invading Hordes and turn the tide, who knows.

Two Wolves

Knight

This thread has been updated with new description, new members, links to the participating guilds and the date of the first battle.

Starting next Thursday (June 14) 9pm EST (21:00 -5 GMT), this will be a recurring event; maybe as often as every two weeks.

Two Wolves

Knight

News:

Mercenaries, Shadows of Vartan have been hired by an unknown agent to bolster the ranks of the Invading Hordes.

Orcs have been seen over a much wider range then usual since the Invading Hordes took control of the Mountain Pass. They are now openly attacking the Wolf Village, patrolling the road to Yew and extracting tribute from travelers attempting to use the pass.

Since making their presence known, Invading Hordes has started attracting the vicious and malcontent to join the campaign on Britain.

Two Wolves

Knight
four days left

There are about four days left before the first attack on Britain.

Guilds that are recruiting, now is the time to get them in and have the new characters ready to fight.

We are going to need to identify one character from each side to be a leader. This may change for each battle as participation allows.

Though unworthy, Pa'Okie the Orc will lead this attack by Invading Hordes.
Unless we hear otherwise, Silver Wolf the Wolf Clan War Chieftess will organize the Defenders of Britain.

The side that is being attacked is allowed to choose the location and the borders of the Battle Field. The Battle Field should be at least Two Screen wide, that is one half screen either side of the center. Now is the time to scout out the region (B) and pick a favorable Battle Field.

Both sides should meet up ahead of time fully equipped to get organized. Get your UOAM up and get in your Vent channels. Hordes will meet in the Mountain Pass, Defenders should meet at West Brit Bank. Then before 9pm (-5) Defenders are allowed to take the field and arrange their forces. At 9pm the Invading Horde will march on them.

Any characters killed, leaving the Battle Field or surrendering with "HOLD" or "YIELD" are done. We will fight till one group controls the field and acknowledged as the winners.

There are no restrictions on the order of battle at this time. Don't bring any items that you can not afford to insure. I would rather not see Mega-Pets like Dragons or summon Demons at this stage, but like I said - no restrictions at this time. There will be no whining in effect. If you are killed leave your body and quit the field, you are done.

pahammar

Wanderer

Howdy! I am a tamer minoring in magery what beasts would be appropriate for a role playing pitched battle?
be well! have fun!
Bow Jack

Two Wolves

Knight

Nice to hear from Bow Jack. Can I put you down for Defenders of Britain?

I am not making this a restriction, just a suggestion - anything is fair game at this point. Being the first battle, I can not be sure who is up for facing dragons. Later, we may add some Rules of Engagement to enhance the fun factor.

I am thinking about Grizzly Bears. But, if you have other ideas for something stronger I am open to suggestions.

We have recruited several more for the Battle. It was not easy with players stealing or sign-up table and books, but we managed to find some of what we were looking for.

This is a demise roleplayers alliance battle in Trammel, so to participate your character will have to join up.
Demise Roleplayers
How to Join

We are also interested in having spectators. The event will take place in region B, the vicinity of the Brit Moongate. The winner will gain control of the Gate, the Bridge to Britain and the Road to the Mountain Pass.

Two Wolves

Knight

Last day to train and get signed up before the first attack.

Defenders will get to pick the site and limits of the Battle Field.
This will require noting landmarks or placing some markers.

Invaders will congregate in the Mountain Pass and
Defenders will meet up at the West Brit Bank.

The Defenders of Britain will be allowed to take the Field first.
This will be at about five of, then Invaders will approach at 9.

The sign up list will close till after the Battle at 24 hours before start time,
Invaders attack Britain Moongate (June 14, 9pm EST)

dead-eye

Knight

quick question, i just saw this, and considering yew is dead, i would like to join in with my yew character anyways. that is, if i can get on tomorrow night. Anyways, i was just wondering are we doin this in tram or fel, and if in tram, then we will have to organize the clan wars

pbguy434

Knight

Aye! Me and the doer of evil Zayleth hath pwnedeth the likes of your happy happy Yew guardeths! Britain shall be the nexteth to falleth!

Two Wolves

Knight

dead-eye;282784 said:
quick question, i just saw this, and considering yew is dead, i would like to join in with my yew character anyways. that is, if i can get on tomorrow night. Anyways, i was just wondering are we doin this in tram or fel, and if in tram, then we will have to organize the clan wars

You are absolutely right. The multi-guild teams are made up demise roleplayer alliance member guilds and the individual entries are direct members of the alliance leader guild, demise roleplayers.

The way to get involved is to follow the How to Join link and read the demise roleplayers rules on RPring.com. They amount to, Stay in Character and no Killing on Sight. To enter your Guild into DRP alliance, it only a bit more involved. If you members agree to Stay in Character, then register an account on RPring. We will set up a forum there for your Guild. This can be very helpful, for communication and organization of a guild.

Welcome aboard.

The sight of the Battle Field for this attack has been chosen. The Defenders of Britain will be allowed to take the field first. The Invading Hordes can enter and attack only after 21:00 (-5), 9pm eastern.

It is located on a farmers filed up against the Mountains. If you exit Britain by the West Bridge, then turn North to follow the perimeter of the city, turn West again at about the middle of the Palace. Continue West till you reach a farmstead with Cliantha the Rancher. The Battle Field is from the edge of the farmers field, back to the foot of the Mountain.

The Basic Rules of Engagement are:
Stay in Character, be careful with your speech not to break RP
If you are Killed, "Yield" or Leave the Battle Field, you're done
The winner is the side with forces that control the Battle Field alone

Suggestions, to be accepted by the Commanders:
No Summons or Mega-pets
Leave your corpse on the field

Notes:
This is following one of the suggestions. I like the idea of, to the victors go the spoils. To that end, when killed if you leave your body to decorate the Battle Field; the side that is acknowledged as the winners will then have looting rights. If you feel the need to bring an artifact or some other super item, consider leaving off the insurance. If you are defeated, this will become a prize that will keep coming back to be taken in future battles. Don't bring anything that you can not afford to loose. This is for fun, no crying allowed.

There will be some Hay Bales used to mark the edges of the Battle Field. They should not be picked up or moved. We are going to need about three spectators to help watch these boundaries for combatants that run off the edges.

Ripster

Sorceror

If possible, I would request that any Defenders able meet at the Wolf Clan village prior to our assembly at the West Brit Bank. (At about 8:30PM EST) Those who might be available to do so please respond here...

Sintoo

Sorceror

pbguy434;282848 said:
Aye! Me and the doer of evil Zayleth hath pwnedeth the likes of your happy happy Yew guardeths! Britain shall be the nexteth to falleth!

Haha you just cant get off his back can you?. We so need to get you and dead-eye in to the role playing scene again.

dead-eye

Knight

Yes, i will be needing to talk with the head commander of tonights defenses.

-Samuel

p.s

if the attackers win, does this mean that they continue to enter the city and attack? and if they do win, are the "dead" allowed to fight at the new location of the attack?

Two Wolves

Knight

The side that is recognized as the winner of this battle will gain initiative to attack the next area in sequence.

For Invaders the next area is the Road to Vesper. For Defenders it is the Mountain Pass.

The side with initiative gets to set the time of the next attack. The side being attacked gets to chose the sight of the Battle Field and take their places first.

Originally, the plan was to have the battles once a week or once every two weeks. Characters killed in the previous battle are definitely allowed to join in subsequents battles; barring Commanders agree on some RoE that restrict them somehow.

If everybody is agreeable (meaning the Commanders), it would be possible to make the event best two out of three or to reconvene at the next region and have and Battle for that one too. In these cases characters that were eliminated from the last battle would be able to fight again.

While I am here, there was a good question about "Gift of Life". Arcanists that have the ability to Resurrect themselves are no exception. When killed you are done. If "to the winner go the spoils" is in effect, leave your body to decorate the Battle Field and exit the area in Spirit Form. Rez yourself after you are clear.