UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Are wands out of control?

Solutions

• Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 51 22.9%
  • Remove wands.

Votes: 47 21.1%
  • Wands should drain 35 to 50% of the needed mana (IE Lightning wand would drain 3 to 5 mana).

Votes: 25 11.2%
  • Make it so it drains full needed mana (IE 10 for lightning wands).

Votes: 30 13.5%
  • You shouldn't be able to move while using a wand (Like the spell)

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Reduce the damage / effects.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Make them harder to get.

Votes: 22 9.9%
  • I don't care / I don't use wands.

Votes: 17 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheivan01

Knight
Are wands out of control?

Well.. A staff member asked me to post this.. Which means it prolly can be fixed if needed :eek:

Do you think wands are out of control?

In the last few months, people been abusing on wands since they are so easy to get, the PVP is almost Item-based now (Just look at the tournaments, people are only spamming wands.. I don't think its entertaining at all)

I found a few solutions..

jorn

Sorceror
Re: Are wands out of control?

I voted number 3. This seems the best to reduce the wand spamming in tourneys while still keeping them effective in the field.

explo wand in factions is insta death. get rid of those things. Seeing wands in duels is insane. They are obviously screwing pvp up.

JabbaWockee

Sorceror

35-50% mana use wouldn't be enough... You could still spam light wands and let the mana regeneration return the 3-5 mana before you can even use the light wand again.

I say 100% mana use depending on the spell... Being able to cast gheal/lightning while frozen or while running is enough of an advantage.

Fain

Sorceror

Wands are lame (broad term, I know), and for many they have become a crutch.

Good poll.

Sheivan01

Knight

Kitchen_;1816103 said:
qq scrubs

This was posted in the PVP section for a reason.
If you dont PVP please go troll somewhere else thx

I understand that you might be a big wand farmer and removing wands would really affect your bank balance but oh well..:eek:

Phantom Blot

Wanderer

wands only cater to the rich, period. I would def use them though had i cared about farming in this game.

JabbaWockee;1816094 said:
35-50% mana use wouldn't be enough... You could still spam light wands and let the mana regeneration return the 3-5 mana before you can even use the light wand again.

I say 100% mana use depending on the spell... Being able to cast gheal/lightning while frozen or while running is enough of an advantage.

ghost get off my fourm account real mature changing my password.

Kitchen_

Sorceror

Sheivan01;1816108 said:
This was posted in the PVP section for a reason.
If you dont PVP please go troll somewhere else thx

I understand that you might be a big wand farmer and removing wands would really affect your bank balance but oh well..:eek:

qq scrub

Sheivan01

Knight

MrBrightside;1816119 said:
there's nothing wrong with wands

edit: didn't they already nerf them once?

"and for many they have become a crutch."

How were they before they nerfed them? I cant remember.. More overpowered? I doubt it :x

Kingllama

Knight

Sheivan01;1816123 said:
"and for many they have become a crutch."

How were they before they nerfed them? I cant remember.. More overpowered? I doubt it :x

They used to be instant remember.

Sent

Sorceror

I feel like the only change needed is the addition of a wands toggle in duel options. This would allow duels and tourney's to prevent wands at will. I feel like wands are hilarious in the field and I've had a blast with them. Folks that choose to run instead of fight wind up dead 90% of the time and this encourages people to try to fight instead of run...which is a very good thing.

R_onnie

Wanderer

As a soloer (who cares what I think) I say keep them. Nobody sticks around for a 1v1, so you basically need stun/pots/bolas/wands just to keep people from offscreening. Add a wand dueling option,

also add a money system to duels, but only between duelers

i think wands shouldn't be used in tournys thats it.

wands are wands they are same as explo pots. they can be farmed by anyone and bought by rich ppl.

wands = anti bitch

u wanna run. the chaser will spam wands.

its not really out of control in the field persay as in the pits. when theres a tourny every good players brings atleast 50+ lightning wand charges.

that i think should be fixed. but field no..

i just think they need to be made harder to farm or just not used in pits which pits is it. no one spams wands in the field.

peteliv

Knight

i wand
it makes the runners die
it makes me live while running (gheal on teh run beat out explode pot spam FTW)
if anything
make them drop less esxcept for id wands
seriously off lich lords I get about 20 lightning gheal even more lesser wands for about 2 hours of running round killin. They sell well too but using much better. Just amke em drop less often