UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"Alice Akins"

Code Blue

Knight
I agree with this post 100%. And I have bought gold from other players before and probably will in the future if it's still allowed. I mostly buy house decos and rares being that a set of purple or pink sandles sets you back 500 million (like in what world would anyone pay that much for gay footwear?). What makes the whole players selling gold a bad idea is that no one is encouraged to go hunting anymore because it's so easy to be a millionaire. Back in the old OSI days it took days of hunting to make a million and you were proud as hell to have hunted for it. But now seeing some of these fools say balance and have like 100,000,000 in their account makes me smh. There is so much gold out there that now there is inflation in UO. A fucking video game!!!!! This is wrong. Its supposed to be fun, get out there and hunt, fight off pk's if you can or become one yourself, and have fun.

You just didnt get in the loop man.

right before trammel was introduced I sold my accounts on ebay for 2500 dollars

El Ugly 707

Traveler
You just didnt get in the loop man.

right before trammel was introduced I sold my accounts on ebay for 2500 dollars
Is that all you made? Wow. I made 1,000 on a castle I placed when tram first opened. And made another 3,000 when I sold my 4 accounts fully stocked with every type of character you can think of. So yeah. No. I didn't miss 'the loop'. lol

Maharajji

Sorceror
dropping by someones house uninvited is a great way to get yourself shot. (meth is a helluva drug)

if you are anything but absolutely confident there is an afterlife, then do not drop by these people's trailers/apartments.

lets face it, they likely aren't making house payments with the $30 bucks they just scammed.

Blob-

Wanderer
dropping by someones house uninvited is a great way to get yourself shot. (meth is a helluva drug)

if you are anything but absolutely confident there is an afterlife, then do not drop by these people's trailers/apartments.

lets face it, they likely aren't making house payments with the $30 bucks they just scammed.
No shit. But he did make me want to watch joy ride. The movie about the stocker truck driver.

White Lotus

Sorceror
On gold selling.

-I originally thought it would be better through the uog store but coming from existing gold piles as not to create more gold on the server. This would require a live auction house type system(like d3) but at the same time involves the shard itself in the selling. Then the shard takes a cut of the sale. However if something goes wrong the shard would be liable. This is an unrealistic option for selling appearently because lets face it, if staff doesn't have time to code changes, why would they have time to monitor and regulate a system like that.

ILLEGAL
-Gold selling is going to exist no matter what. The negative of it being bannable, is throughout hybrids history sellers got banned and often times they did not return, bringing alot their active friends with them as they left. (think HOT guild). On top of that GMs had more to monitor. On top of that it was still going on and people were still getting scammed. On top of that gold was on the donation store and so much of it was produced over the years from buying it(and farming it) that even after ryan did a massive gold synk we still have WAY to much gold on the shard. All gold selling being illegal did was force the same shit yall bitching about underground.

LEGAL
-With gold selling being legal, the scammers cannot hide. No more new gold is just being "created" out of no where. Alot of people (myself included) have donated to the shard with funds they made from selling gold. However there are 3 "flaws" to gold selling being legal.
1: It makes quiting more appealing for people when they can sell everything they've got.
2: scammers (problem we see here)
3: Less donation money? (not sure if that is true but one can assume). {sidenote}[Those donations belong in the current staffs pockets for keeping the shard up even if there are 1023214 things that can still be done to make it better][im saying at least something has been done]

Still tho the truth of it is if we had a 1000+ server pop this would be such a small problem. The truth is we are all bored and need something we can blow out of proportion like always.