UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

ALI JUST SCAMMED ME OUT OF $65

Neppg

Sorceror
This is now Religions vs. Atheism thread!

To each his own.
If one wants to believe that an amulet brings them luck, by all means.
If one wants to believe that there are higher forces, go ahead.
If one doesn't believe in any of this, that's alright too.

Makes living a life much less stressful.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
religious belief is inversely correlated with attained education level and IQ
I said that too when I was a self consumed 18 year old "genius". You will grow up and learn a lot some day.

They should start out all college courses with this quote:

"If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart; but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain,"

Politics and religion in this thread? fuck off, turds. Dude got scammed and it sucks. Wedge wasn't looking for some 5 page response on how stupid he is. He was merely saying that his belief system, Christianity (it could be Richard Garriots Virtue System for all I care), has instilled upon him a set of values that guide his moral compass. I see nothing wrong in that, there are different paths to the same lesson.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I said that too when I was a self consumed 18 year old "genius". You will grow up and learn a lot some day.

They should start out all college courses with this quote:

"If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart; but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain,"

Politics and religion in this thread? fuck off, turds. Dude got scammed and it sucks. Wedge wasn't looking for some 5 page response on how stupid he is. He was merely saying that his belief system, Christianity (it could be Richard Garriots Virtue System for all I care), has instilled upon him a set of values that guide his moral compass. I see nothing wrong in that, there are different paths to the same lesson.
I make no claims about my own intelligence; what I have said is simply a fact. Amusingly enough, the same correlation holds true for conservatism, so it's unlikely that professors will ever lead their classes with such a quote. I would hypothesize that people become more conservative as they grow older in part because they have more wealth to lose to taxes. As well, they may wish to distance themselves from the naivety of youth. Neither of these strike me as particularly impressive reasons to change one's political stance.

I wasn't suggesting that Wedge, or any other theist, is stupid for their beliefs. As I have already stated, indoctrination plays a large role in forming beliefs, and while higher innate intelligence might help one progress beyond indoctrination, we are all still vulnerable to it. What I would take away from that correlation is that if more intelligent and educated people tend to be less religious, perhaps religious beliefs should be questioned to a greater degree. Scientists, who spend their lives trying to figure out how the world works, also tend to be less religious than their plebeian counterparts. These are not conclusive pieces of evidence, just more that calls into question the validity of theism.

It's strange that people like you are so quick to shut down conversation about beliefs, hiding behind the guise of "live and let live." He said something objectionable and I laid out an argument for why the scam (and ethics in general) shouldn't be viewed through his superstitious lens. If you're too immature to handle that, walk away.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I make no claims about my own intelligence; what I have said is simply a fact. Amusingly enough, the same correlation holds true for conservatism, so it's unlikely that professors will ever lead their classes with such a quote. I would hypothesize that people become more conservative as they grow older in part because they have more wealth to lose to taxes. As well, they may wish to distance themselves from the naivety of youth. Neither of these strike me as a particularly impressive reasons to change one's political stance.

I wasn't suggesting that Wedge, or any other theist, is stupid for their beliefs. As I have already stated, indoctrination plays a large role in forming beliefs, and while higher innate intelligence might help one progress beyond indoctrination, we are all still vulnerable to it. What I would take away from that correlation is that if more intelligent and educated people tend to be less religious, perhaps religious beliefs should be questioned to a greater degree. Scientists, who spend their lives trying to figure out how the world works, also tend to be less religious than their plebeian counterparts. These are not conclusive pieces of evidence, just more that calls into question the validity of theism.

It's strange that people like you are so quick to shut down conversation about beliefs, hiding behind the guise of "live and let live." He said something objectionable and I laid out an argument for why the scam (and ethics in general) shouldn't be viewed through his superstitious lens. If you're too immature to handle that, walk away.

Uomvp

Knight
Religious beliefs have nothing to do with education or IQ. I'm a school psychologist (last 2 years on my own and 1 year as a practicum student) and I have to test over 100 kids every year and there religious beliefs have NOTHING to do with their IQ level. In all my years in psychology I've never heard of any sound research about religious beliefs and IQ level. Religion is about faith, you can be as educated as possible and still be religious. I personally hold a masters degree in school psychology, in the earlier stages of my doctorate and in the middle of my second masters degree and I'm religious. I'm not like psycho/cult style religious but i believe in a higher power and that one day I will answer for all my sins.
You hypothesis is rejected try again next time. Viz you try and talk like a scientist without knowing the basics. Most of what you're "trying" to say, you would learn in research design 101.
Go to any research site (google scholar, proquest, academic search premiere, Nasp, jstar, Psych Articles) and post a link to the actual research articles on the correlation between Religious Beliefs and IQ level.

I personally hate politics but i do love my money.

Last edited:

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Religious beliefs have nothing to do with education or IQ. I'm a school psychologist (last 2 years on my own and 1 year as a practicum student) and I have to test over 100 kids every year and there religious beliefs have NOTHING to do with their IQ level. In all my years in psychology I've never heard of any sound research about religious beliefs and IQ level. Religion is about faith, you can be as educated as possible and still be religious. I personally hold a masters degree in school psychology, in the earlier stages of my doctorate and in the middle of my second masters degree and I'm religious. I'm not like psycho/cult style religious but i believe in a higher power and that one day I will answer for all my sins.
You hypothesis is rejected try again next time. Viz you try and talk like a scientist without knowing the basics. Most of what you're "trying" to say, you would learn in research design 101.
Go to any research site (google scholar, proquest, academic search premiere, Nasp, jstar) and post a link to the actual research articles on the correlation between Religious Beliefs and IQ level.

I personally hate politics but i do love my money.
...You're one person. Your microcosm of experience is immaterial in the grand scheme of things. As well, I said that the more educated a person is, the less likely they are to be religious, not that educated people are never religious. Further, you're generalizing based on a non-random sample, and they're STUDENTS, which may preclude them from this conversation altogether based on their age. Why on earth must I explain such basic things to someone allegedly working on a doctorate?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608001013
http://psr.sagepub.com/content/early/2013/08/02/1088868313497266
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000962

You're wrong, champ. Even if you weren't, though, you focused on what was probably the most irrelevant part of my post.

Mitzlplik

Traveler
LOL at what this thread has become.

*golf clap*

P.S. Sorry to the OP,that sux being scammed but at least it was only a small amount and ya know now this dick hole isn`t trustworthy.

Aside from the store..... I personally will (have never) never buy gold. Its to easy to get and no way I`ll hand someone cash and than HOPE they gimme what I paid for. It should be the other way around in a virtual world. RL cash trumps all else in game. You gimme gold..... than I`ll give you cash. Ohhhhh to risky?! Ha!

You`d see alot more honest sellers..... and alot less sellers at the same time.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
I will pray for you. Imagine a non-religious world. One could do as he pleases with no consequence. I think, deep down you know better. Read King James version of the Bible, then come back to me and tell me that there is no God. Im sure you will change your mind. Dont argue untill you've read it entirely, and compare to everything that has happened. Once you read it, comeback and argue your case.
Religion does not hold a monopoly on morality! I don;t want to live in a world where people avoid doing the wrong thing out of fear of eternal punishment. SO your saying the only reason you don;t rape and kill your neighbor is out of fear of god? So if you found out god did not exist you would immediately begin raping and pillaging? No you wouldn't, you would refrain from murder becasue it is the right thing (if you a decent human being).

It would be better for humans to act appropriately out of respect for their fellow human beings. I used to be christian until I discovered out how bloated, greedy, wasteful, and sinful organized religion had become. I am an atheist, I do not believe in eternal punishment. I am a good person because it is the best thing for mankind, not to please some imaginary being that may turn me into a pillar of salt or punish me with hellfire and brimstone.
In reality the christ you know is NOTHING like the christ that was 2000 years (the original christ). He was far less-forgiving then, especially when they were LITERALLY chopping heads of off muslim BABIES (Crusader's).

Sit on your pulpit and champion christianity all you want. CHristianity is responsible for more murder than any other religion in the world. Alot of Americans hate on muslims due to a few (small % of total muslims) are extremeists. Yet regardless of 9/11, daesh,, and al-quida muslims havent even caught up to the christion murder count of the 2nd crusade. Lets not even get started on inquisitions, church-sanctioned political executions, and religious conquest.

Chaos_Lord

Sorceror
...You're one person. Your microcosm of experience is immaterial in the grand scheme of things. As well, I said that the more educated a person is, the less likely they are to be religious, not that educated people are never religious. Further, you're generalizing based on a non-random sample, and they're STUDENTS, which may preclude them from this conversation altogether based on their age. Why on earth must I explain such basic things to someone allegedly working on a doctorate?

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608001013
http://psr.sagepub.com/content/early/2013/08/02/1088868313497266
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613000962

You're wrong, champ. Even if you weren't, though, you focused on what was probably the most irrelevant part of my post.
This is scientific fact. There are scientific links to lack of intelligence and strongly held religious beliefs. It is almost impossible to argue the fact that as the dumber you get, the stronger your belief in your chosen imaginary deity (be it Christianity , Islam, or Hindu) is.
I don;t hate religion, I see it as a tool humans needed at one point in our growing society. Those of the uneducated lower social classes needed something to convince them to stop murdering each other, religion served that purpose. Not that we as humans have evolved socially and behaviorally, most of us no longer need that security blanket. The educated majority can accept the cold hard reality of life that we as humans are responsible for our own behavior. We can not blame some imaginary figure whispering bad ideas in our head for the things we have done wrong (No SATAN I will not bang that smoking hot slut!). Our sins and mistakes are %100 on us as intelligent, thinking, reasoning beings!

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Although this was a scam .. are other people really selling gold this cheap ???? this for example was 50mil for only $65... is there really that much gold on the server that its basically devalued this much nowadays?

You know now that people can "sell gold" - people will get scammed as you just read.. but more people get scammed and for real life $$ and in the end - it is just going to give people another reason in wanting to quit this shard. :rolleyes:

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Although this was a scam .. are other people really selling gold this cheap ???? this for example was 50mil for only $65... is there really that much gold on the server that its basically devalued this much nowadays?

Now that people can "sell gold" - people will get scammed as you just read.. but more people get scammed and for real life $$ and in the end - it is just going to give people another reason in wanting to quit this shard.

SELLING UO GOLD WAS THE WORST THING RYAN HAS EVERY DONE TO THE SHARD!
QUOTE]
I agree

Neppg

Sorceror

Now that people can "sell gold" - people will get scammed as you just read.. but more people get scammed and for real life $$ and in the end - it is just going to give people another reason in wanting to quit this shard.

I agree
Turks were kinda forced to drop down their prices because Milliar scammed someone and nobody trusted Turks anymore. After the Milliar incident, I bought gold from Ali for 1,5 per twice and it went smoothly.

On the side note, I saw Ali spamming selling gold $2 per yesterday in Britain. I hope nobody else falls for the scam.