UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

5 fav bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anti Zero said:
I would never listin to them because, as a guitar player, I'm offended to hear that holding your finger down on one fret for 4 minutes of a song and strumming once every 5 seconds is not telented, just my two cents
I feel the same way man. I also play guitar I play lots of AC/DC, Judas Priest and other 80s metal. I dislike bands from today because they have left out guitar solos and hard crunching licks. There a few bands who attempt to do this but they are not anywhere up to par with the guitar gods of the 80s. LoL Im only 18 years old and I listen to music that came out before and during the early years of my life.

ChrisEuth13

Wanderer
Bologna Is Good said:
I feel the same way man. I also play guitar I play lots of AC/DC, Judas Priest and other 80s metal. I dislike bands from today because they have left out guitar solos and hard crunching licks. There a few bands who attempt to do this but they are not anywhere up to par with the guitar gods of the 80s. LoL Im only 18 years old and I listen to music that came out before and during the early years of my life.

There is one band with actually pretty hard riffs.. I can play the One solo from Metallica and a few others but this one bridge for a Machine Head song actually gave me lots of trouble, the songs called Imperium, Enjoy.

Anti Zero said:
There is one band with actually pretty hard riffs.. I can play the One solo from Metallica and a few others but this one bridge for a Machine Head song actually gave me lots of trouble, the songs called Imperium, Enjoy.
Which solo in One? I learned the soft one at the beginning of the song. Never bothered learning the hard one in the middle. Can you play them both cause man thats awesome.

BrandT

Wanderer
Van Halen is definitely THE guitar master technique-wise (at least in Rock). My favorite guitar player though, is Mr. Hendrix.

BrandT said:
Van Halen is definitely THE guitar master technique-wise (at least in Rock). My favorite guitar player though, is Mr. Hendrix.
my favorite guitar players are Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, Mick Mars (from Motley Crue), and Slash

BrandT

Wanderer
Eventhough I play guitar, I never got really into 80's music. As I have mentioned before, I'm more of a jazz cat, I like Wes Montgomery, Charlie Christian, Django Rheinhardt, Eric Johnson (he's a jazz - rock crossover kinda guy) even George Benson a bit. But, one can't deny that 80's rock had the fastest guitarists. Joe Satriani, is also unbelievable.

Cantsayb

Wanderer
Que Cee said:
It would be impossible for me to actually distinguish a "top five", I hath became somewhat of a connoisseur in the fine arts :>

1) the Beatles & their solo careers*
2) the Beach Boys
3) the Rolling Stones

I cant really decide which to follow them, I could list hundreds :rolleyes:

Seconded ;)

but i would add in a few:

Nirvana
Louis Armstrong and his band
Tool
SOAD *not for their political views*

a strange mix of Classic Rock, Heavy, and Skill. ;)

Booshnig

Sorceror
1. Johnny Reb
2. Tool
3. Ramstein

Period.
Nirvana would be ok imo if there weren't so many gothic fangirls clinging to curt's c0ck.

im down with the snoopie de oh double gizzle and the eminizzle with the ludacrizzle dtp disturbin the peace some mixed in wiith some d twizzle for life dirty dozen, etc..

Kid Koala
Bonobo
Amon Tobin
Andre Nikatina
The Clash
Devo
The Pixies
Pink Floyd
Guns n' roses
Iggy pop and the stooges
Modest Mouse
Velvet underground

p.s. fuck all that mainstream death metal shit, and anything that sounds like creed<--hate

Emperor
Cradle of Filth
Dimmu Borgir
Heaven Shall Burn
Mayhem
KMFDM
Skinny Puppy
Nine Inch Nails
Mushroom Head
Dark Tranquility
Rammstien
Marilyn Manson (Old Stuff)