UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

100+ recruit aftermath

I want to share with Demis what happen after I recruit 100+ players for KoV guild. I notice player would play demis for a short time, and after a short time they would lose interest, and stop playing demis. After recruiting 100+ players only 1 out of 8 would be willing to stay, or less. If you ask me if I blame them I would say hell no because I was one of these player also. If you ask me is demis addictive? I would say hell no it isn't! Is demis fun? I would say hell no it ain't fun at all! Honestly when I play demis over 7 years it is the most painful shard I've ever played, and it is worst than OSI, or any player run shard.

Thank to MB he has made Demis fun again, and uosteam has made it where demis is tolerable, and bearable to play. The reason I brought this up I thought I would blow a whistle, and let everybody know what is demis problems are, and maybe with this message that I am sending hopefully demis would take action in trying to improve the shard.

This is not a complaint, or anything this is just me sharing my experience, and what the aftermath was after recruiting 100+ players. I've posted many times that this shard need improvement, but nobody really took heed to it, and now here I am posting again maybe hopefully this will get there attention. Games are meant to be fun, and if Demis make some change, and make it fun for 20,000 players I'm pretty sure they would even get double, or triple that number.

Last edited:

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I want to share with Demis what happen after I recruit 100+ players for my guild. I notice player would play demis for a short time, and after a short time they would lose interest, and stop playing demis. After recruiting 100+ players only 1 out of 8 would be willing to stay, or less. If you ask me if I blame them I would say hell no because I was one of these player also. If you ask me is demis addictive? I would say hell no it isn't! Is demis fun? I would say hell no it ain't fun at all! Honestly when I play demis over 7 years it is the most painful shard I've ever played, and it is worst than OSI, or any player run shard.

Thank to MB he has made Demis fun again, and uosteam has made it where demis is tolerable, and bearable to play. The reason I brought this up I thought I would blow a whistle, and let everybody know what is demis problems are, and maybe with this message that I am sending hopefully demis would take action in trying to improve the shard.

This is not a complaint, or anything this is just me sharing my experience, and what the aftermath was after recruiting 100+ players. I've posted many times that this shard need improvement, but nobody really cares, and now here I am posting again maybe hopefully this will get there attention. Games are meant to be fun, and if Demis make some change, and make it fun for 20,000 players I'm pretty sure they would even get double, or tripple that number.
You say Demise needs improvement to be fun.

I may have missed the part, where you made clear, elaborate suggestions as to what needs to be done on Demise to have it become fun again for you?

Also, I would like you to take these few statements, that are only my opinion on the subject, so take it for what it's worth.

Ultima Online in general is an old game, with old players. People have milked the shit out of that game for decades, so it's actually normal that it eventually becomes a bit stale. That being said, most veteran players are overall unreceptives to changes. Take a look for instances at the many heavily customized servers that have attempted to renew the game into a relatively new one. They did not do well.

It's actually quite astonishing, to see the ammount of people that still play UO in 2016. And the vast majority of these players, are seasoned veteran who play for the nostalgy of what it once was, and they don't want to play a different game, on the same engine.

Thinking about that, when I was a kid, I loved to play Mario Bros, you know the first game. But in the last couple years, it has indeed become a bit boring. I'll make sure to write to Nintendo so that they can add flavour to the game, maybe add a few more levels, and a new weapon. I think it would be nice if you were able to also freeze the turtles to throw them on the goomba's.

Whadda'ya think? Makes sense?

pimpineasy

Sorceror
Demise is easier then its ever been in the past; however, its still lame for new players. You either script Runics or fail because that is what your up against. Also, demise hardly has tot events which most casual dont wanna spend 300hrs farming gold to buy. If 500k = $5 usd this server has serious market issuse because 500k has hardly any value. basically $120 usd for a totem yeah ok and it use to be even more expensive.. On Ragnarok i spent $20 and dam near was able to buy all the best gears at +7, +9, after selling all my safe to +10 certs. so a newbie is happy & a veteran is happy. this game also has hundreds of vendor in every town unlike demise which has like 10 people gating, and the main city with same empty vendors for a decade. Moreover, i still dont understand why the vendors dont charge the gold correctly per day its there to stable over inflation and keep dudes from ripping off players. demise = no humility, "That virtue is not active yet". always has in the decade i been here. Dam aristocrats! haha.

Attachments

• owned6.png
    owned6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • owned7.png
    owned7.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • owned8.png
    owned8.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 25
  • jailbird.png
    jailbird.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

mantorras

Sorceror

Anthony File

Sorceror
If 500k = $5 usd this server has serious market issuse because 500k has hardly any value. basically $120 usd for a totem yea ok
You're right about something for once Opy Jr. - $5 cash is not worth 500k, I've felt for quite awhile that Donation items were severely underpriced, but only those that sell them can change that, as it stands I only donate for personal use and only after I haven't found the item I need for sale from someone else. People that donate in bulk only do so sporadically, and there is never a guaranteed supply of donation items available at any given time on the server. The market is open and free for anyone to set higher prices on donation items, yet people feel that 500k:$5.00 is still a fair ratio for some odd reason.

Indika

Sorceror
Contrary to popular belief, gold is very easy to make on Demise without crafting or farming runics.

Considering it takes minimal effort to farm 200-500k per hour on an ABC warrior or archer I've never understood the ratio of Demise Gold to Real Life dollars.
I am talking about picking the actual gold off the monsters corpse here by the way, I am not counting for items sold in this figure.

No I'm not talking about samp here either. I'm talking about a character that uses bushido and bandages to heal.

It just takes a little thing called effort, also known as "trying".

ABC Template:
110-120 Swords/Archery
110-120 Tactics
110-120 Anatomy
100 Bushido
100 Healing
90-100 Resist
Rest in Chivalry

I made almost every penny I ever got on this kind of character farming things like demons and such. I made over 50kk cash in a little over a month then made my Sampire and the rest is history. If you need a basic weapon to get started with or some 110's let me know and I can try to do what I can to help.

rhasce

Sorceror
You're right about something for once Opy Jr. - $5 cash is not worth 500k, I've felt for quite awhile that Donation items were severely underpriced, but only those that sell them can change that, as it stands I only donate for personal use and only after I haven't found the item I need for sale from someone else. People that donate in bulk only do so sporadically, and there is never a guaranteed supply of donation items available at any given time on the server. The market is open and free for anyone to set higher prices on donation items, yet people feel that 500k:$5.00 is still a fair ratio for some odd reason.
Opy jr lol

pimpineasy

Sorceror
lol opy jr!?! these are just my opinions and i probably have been ranting about the market on demise since like 2006. I just accept it and use to let my accounts die after i got sop and got bored tring to pvp on a shit netbook. now that demise has the 9 month account i just lose my houses. but take it for what you will. if you think holding onto your carebear pigments so you can make 6kk when you already own every item in the game +duplicates. cool. personally, id rather like to login and see higher number count so i can play with real people before this turns into hybrid with less then 100 people online and you cant sell shit.

@Indika please let us know your secret to farming 200k-500k off demons in 1 hour? lmao, i think you exaggerated there a bit not only that but good luck even looting any spawn that has high spawn rate with multiple mobs with out turning on a auto looter if not your looking at less then 100k. you could probably farm 500k if your guild is able to run coon back to back or any spawn for that matter. But average joe isnt logged onto demise 24/7 he got shit to deal with. like me im online cuz im on medical leave from work; once i get back to work my house has a 60% chance going idoc. also i usually keep a horselord on my fel house for any would be travelers.

Last edited:

Indika

Sorceror
@Indika please let us know your secret to farming 200k-500k off demons in 1 hour?

You can start off by actually paying attention:

Considering it takes minimal effort to farm 200-500k per hour on an ABC warrior or archer I've never understood the ratio of Demise Gold to Real Life dollars.
I am talking about picking the actual gold off the monsters corpse here by the way, I am not counting for items sold in this figure.

I did not say I was making 500k off demons. I clearly mentioned that it was possible to make that amount on an ABC character.

I made almost every penny I ever got on this kind of character farming things like demons and such.

Maybe you missed it, so there it is again. I was just trying to be helpful here man, no need to get defensive.

But average joe isnt logged onto demise 24/7 he got shit to deal with. like me im online cuz im on medical leave from work

We all have jobs man. Not only do I also work a full time job, but I am a college student with a double major(this will be my second and third college diplomas incoming), so I feel your pain about the fluctuating schedule. But good luck to you and I hope for your full recovery.

pimpineasy

Sorceror
thanks for your blessing! wasnt trying to be an ass just debating. plus im in jail thought id bs a little bit. cant make 100k and hour in jail!!

Last edited: