UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Orcish Raid on Lord British's Castle Sunday 5/8 3PM Eastern

MB

Knight
Join RED vs BLCK fight: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/recruiting-for-red-vs-blck-fights.471011/
Sunday 5/8 @ 1500

The Orcs have invaded the fair city of Britain and driven the remaining Crusaders into their Alamo-like structure, but the battle is far from over, for the Crusaders shall never surrender!

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3262/lordbritish.png

Rules of Battle:
No looting
Only store-bought potions will be allowed (Dexxers can't have greater than lesser poison on weapon)
No Mounts
No Monster Loot
Only allowed armor or items are that which can be bought from NPCs or crafted by non-runic tools.
No modded spellbooks equipped.
No aggressive mage summons

- Wearing the deathrobe will prevent you from being attacked and attacking, as well as doing beneficial acts towards friendlys
- Once picking up your corpse the robe will vanish, so to prevent an instant gankfest/res kill in that situation, if the player wishes to regain his balance (heal themselves) free from all attacks as if he were wearing a death robe, he must be standing on top of his corpse (bones) for the time being, he is safe until his bones disappear or he stumbles off his corpse
- Now, to combat accidentally stepping off of that tile, it's your fault if someone notices it, be careful
- Granted enemies could be huddling over someones corpse waiting for them to jump off to attack, but this being so, not everyone could be at every corpse at the same time, which could lead into coordinated guild comebacks through Guild/Party Chat

Disallowed Skills
Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary
Ninjitsu
Bushido
Necromancy
Chivalry
Stealth
Spellweaving

MB

Knight
I hear tell of cowardice among the Orcish ranks upon hearing of our strongold.

Frasier

Sorceror
Goooood

I hear tell of cowardice among the Orcish ranks upon hearing of our strongold.
Eer blahinz am fer uld oomie breedurz.
...Mejbee lat shud gid sum oomie breedur kukiez agh sum oomie breedur tee dub gu wyf lat eer blahinz.
HAR HAR !

(I'm working 7/7 again in GMT+1 and my newborn daughter still keeps us awake through the nights. I'll try to join, but dont count on it)

Frasier

Sorceror
Eer blahinz am fer uld oomie breedurz.
...Mejbee lat shud gid sum oomie breedur kukiez agh sum oomie breedur tee dub gu wyf lat eer blahinz.
HAR HAR !

Can't understand a word LOL

But I hope to see you on the battle field. My new char Johnny C. would like to meet you

MB

Knight

Had fun, but I don't know if I'll be doing anymore. Just not enough people seem to be interested.

jaasso

Knight
im pretty sure most of the people would like it if they just tried it once, i hope these will not cease to take place every now and then. though for sure it takes work to set the battles up and if people dont show up there's only one choice. but there must be many people on the shard who could be regularly participating if they just got around to make a good character for it

MB

Knight
I think there's some not participating anymore because I raided them in Fel or something like that. Maybe I should have done it anonymously.

Two Wolves

Knight
im pretty sure most of the people would like it if they just tried it once, i hope these will not cease to take place every now and then. though for sure it takes work to set the battles up and if people dont show up there's only one choice. but there must be many people on the shard who could be regularly participating if they just got around to make a good character for it

This is the best bunch of players I have had the privilege of trying to kill. Anytime pvp was introduced into rp scenarios, disagreements would cause it to implode in a couple of weeks. In the red v black fights, the rules of engagement are simple, easy to understand, and everybody has fun even when they are loosing badly - because following the rules and not caring about dying has become part of red v black pvp culture.

Things that would help: people who are in should ask for Emissary status and recruit; members should have one character in each team to help make numbers even in upcoming battles (this is advice that I need to take myself); a PVPGuildsAlliance guild could be set up and Red and BLCK can join that alliance for communication and sparring between scheduled battles; Red and BLCK could have guild houses and store or vend legal equipment to players; if it would help I can offer 1kk prize money that goes into the guild house of the winner of the battles to be distributed as they see fit

Also, remember, the rules of engagement are such that, you do not need to make a special character for Red v Black. We can take existing characters, just avoid using spells from banned skills.

Frasier

Sorceror
Aye. Wise words T.W. I agree. And one thing I've noticed, you don't need to be "old pvp'r" to play (I'm not), it's your group that makes the force/power. Little bit some coordination or plan how to work as a team and there you go. And even GM skills will do fine.
Alliance would be excellent. And as said before in these threads...if someone is willing to join but need help with armor, weps etc. just ask.
And I'm more than happy to do sparring :)

Frasier

Sorceror
I think there's some not participating anymore because I raided them in Fel or something like that. Maybe I should have done it anonymously.

You have been "a bad boy"

But. There is this [Red] / [BLCK] fights and then there is other UO playing. So playing in these guilds does not mean that others can't "hurt" you if you meet them in Fel IMO. This is a role play and when you are in Red or Black you play in their rules 100% with respect during the event. I'm not sure did I manage to point my though...my English is not so brilliant

serotonin

Traveler
Look, if it helps to make progress on this and hopefully attract some more people, I'm willing to take my house and turn it into a legal item Vendor House (with free Vendors for all Red/BLCK equipment) / Red Guild House / Tactical battling course.

It's about 16x16, and I could turn it into a multi-level (it's the tallest type of house... that 4 or 3 story?) permanently bagball'd tactical fighting pit.

I am happy to do this as long as people continue Red vs. BLCK. I LOVE these skirmishes :D

serotonin

Traveler
(And who knows? If we have legal vendors selling cheap exceptional weapons and armour, perhaps that'll attract more people? Perhaps group in-guild combat in a multi-layered well-planned house interior would make people more confident? Perhaps just having a "guild house" would do that? I don't know! I'm willing to do everything I can to make this work :)!