UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

zerg pvp or 1v1 whats better

vexed

Wanderer
zerg pvp or 1v1 whats better

what do you enjoy more

a nice 5v5 or group battle with wands/pots/ms's/fields

or a nice 1v1 solo duel with dexers/mages

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: zerg pvp or 1v1 whats better

1 vs 1 for me, and only friendly PVP.

Trammies don't do field PVP :D

I like large even field battles such as 5v5, 10v10....all that in the field is awsome imo not o much in the pits/tournaments

1v1s have their moments in both pits/tournaments and field but I'd rather be fighting large battles than dueling.

Faction sigil raids back on Atlantic 2000-2002 were fun, here they aren't as fun.

aemneuspeed

Knight

I like 5v5 better, because it shows that a guild or group is actually skilled at playing together, yes some might zerg, but the ones that actually cross heal and keep each other alive shows real talent, 1v1 pvp is challenging as well, but in a different aspect. 5v5 gives you more action and keeps you on your toes more because theres some much to keep an eye on while the fights rolling along.

Depends on my mood. Group battles are the most dynamic by far, and push you the hardest I feel. Even if you are great 1v1 this may not translate into a group battle win b/c there is more at play then just your individual skill. You must rely on your party to pull their weight as well. But sometimes I like to relax a little and get into it 1v1. Though in the field it's quickly apparent who is gonna get the best of some one and usually most people will run once they realize they can't win.

roflcakes

Wanderer

Anton Chigurh;1626106 said:
Depends on my mood. Group battles are the most dynamic by far, and push you the hardest I feel. Even if you are great 1v1 this may not translate into a group battle win b/c there is more at play then just your individual skill. You must rely on your party to pull their weight as well. But sometimes I like to relax a little and get into it 1v1. Though in the field it's quickly apparent who is gonna get the best of some one and usually most people will run once they realize they can't win.

I find it unfortunate that its so easy for the loosing team to escape the battle.

GluttSDS

Sorceror

roflcakes;1626115 said:
I find it unfortunate that its so easy for the loosing team to escape the battle.

bolas, stun, para blow all help. I can only imagine how lame divinity is wrt to running...

Jolly Rogers

Sorceror

1v1 duels isnt pvp. sure it is but to me pvp is being able to think more than just hitting combos. the fact that u can either flank someone or outsmart them making them run some where. or even just confusing the person. also on hte other side if ur any good u can do the same and live through a surpirse attack.

akeidolon

Wanderer

Group PvP. If EVE didn't have such crap servers (lol 30 second between action lag in fleet battles) I'd have never left because it was so much fun when it did work. Ultima is the next best thing as far as I'm concerned (doesn't pussy out with consensual/zone PvP, e.g. WoW or DAoC). 1v1 really holds no interest whatsoever for me.