UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Your favorite template.

Your favorite template.

Hard to say with me, I just got back to UO so it's like I'm relearning everything. So far I'm liking my dexxer (macer) the most, but mostly because I can't remember the macros I had set for my mage so I'm starting fresh with the key punching ordeal.

I'm thinking about creating a new character. But I'm not completely sure. I'm not that great, and have never been that great with a mage offensively. However defensively I am quite well considering I just hold down the lvl 1 heal button. I've always been very partial to using weapons, so you ninnies out there who like to spam dexxers are slow minded people shut TFU and get TFO.

Anybody like to share their favorite templates so I can get some ideas, or perhaps just blurt out what you suggest I do?

Re: Your favorite template.

My fav temp is
6x100 skills:
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Hiding
Resist

1x80 skill:
detect hidden (can be anything really)
1x20 skill:
magery

stats:
114dex, 100str, 11 int.

Jismo

Wanderer

Magery
Eval
Inscribe
Med
Wrestle
Hiding
Resist

100/25/100
It's good for me because I'm a terrible pvper, so if I'm about to die, I can run and hide and I've also got a big reflect to hide behind in the first place.

rottenwomb

Wanderer

same as crazy's template but I like macers better. However, I'm considering making a lumberjack due to the tremendous amount of mages I see.

magery
meditation
eval int
resist
wrestling
anatomy
healing

mmmmmm heal from running from ganks.... stun for owning 1v1.

but damn i also love

magery
meditation
eval int
resist
poisoning
hiding
inscribe

It's amazing how many people put hiding in their templates.. At least chewbacca is honest about being a terrible pvper:(.

Chewbacca said:
Magery
Eval
Inscribe
Med
Wrestle
Hiding
Resist

100/25/100
It's good for me because I'm a terrible pvper, so if I'm about to die, I can run and hide and I've also got a big reflect to hide behind in the first place.

That templet can own lots of people if you know how to play it, if you pratice alot you can get good w/ those skills.

Armadillo/Minime said:
It's amazing how many people put hiding in their templates.. At least chewbacca is honest about being a terrible pvper:(.

i dunno, i have hiding and i'm ranked like 10th on the murder ranks and currently 150th on the dueling ranks. Hiding is nice since most everyone these days runs w/ at least 3 people. If you hate dieing to ganks all the time, then hiding is the skill for you.

Irina

Wanderer

tailoring
resist
magery
med
eval int
taming
animal lore

100 int
25 dex
100 str

.nem0

Page

Stun/Heal 90/45/90

Magery
Eval
Med
Resist
Wrestling
Anatomy
Healing

Best template ever. 3 ways to heal so you rarely die if you know how to play it. I've been playing this template for years.

rottenwomb said:
same as crazy's template but I like macers better. However, I'm considering making a lumberjack due to the tremendous amount of mages I see.

I use a macer with that template because my thief is a fencer and he uses all the fencin weaps. I would have a LJ too, but if you want magery with a LJ (to recall) your gonna have to sacrifice something (yes I consider 80 of any skill a sacrifice). Thats why I choose macing also.

cyan18g13

Wanderer

So far my fav has been

---GM----
magery
eval
med
resist
healing
anatomy
wrestling

stats
str/dex/int
90/35/100

This is the template I played on siege and so far my favorite. The healing gives warriors a hard time, as you can keep moving and still get that much needed heal in a clinch. Against mages, if you master the stun punch, you'll find that you can take out all but the best with little effort. The stats are arranged as such to give you a little extra dex to work those stun punches with. Plus it never hurts to balance out against mindblasts.

As far as pitfalls go, the only one for this template is the lack of a secondary offense. You're pretty much 100% reliant on magery to take down your targets, which we all know can be very difficult unless you're fighting a complete newb. The stun punch does give you an extra edge to your offense, but against heavy pot chuggers it can get very frustrating.

Armadillo/Minime said:

If you don't have hiding your gonna wish you had it more often than not. It's a defensive skill...sometimes you gotta run to keep your sh!t, or to avoid being ganked. To me if you pvp regardless of whether your a mage or melee, healing and hiding are essential (if you can work them into your template).

Grei Mas Rien said:
So far my fav has been

---GM----
magery
eval
med
resist
healing
anatomy
wrestling

stats
str/dex/int
90/35/100

This is the template I played on siege and so far my favorite. The healing gives warriors a hard time, as you can keep moving and still get that much needed heal in a clinch. Against mages, if you master the stun punch, you'll find that you can take out all but the best with little effort. The stats are arranged as such to give you a little extra dex to work those stun punches with. Plus it never hurts to balance out against mindblasts.

Very true, I would be so pissed if 90% of the mages I encountered had healing...any strictly melee fighter would be screwed to the max, for killin the mage that is, unless you got fencing to paralyze (which is why i like fencing so much).

CrazyCracka420 said:
If you don't have hiding your gonna wish you had it more often than not. It's a defensive skill...sometimes you gotta run to keep your sh!t, or to avoid being ganked. To me if you pvp regardless of whether your a mage or melee, healing and hiding are essential (if you can work them into your template).

Yeah. I guess it depends on your style. Honestly, I like either one or the other... not necessarily both. Reason is, they're both defensive skills. I think two defensive skills are nice, but since I have trouble offensively that might not be a great idea for me. Perhaps something else in my template offensively is what I need to do.

I'm thinking either:

Hide/Nox
Heal/Nox
Hide/Stun
Heal/Stun

Or something similar...