UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

"you already have 5 characters at this time"

Cobane

Wanderer
"you already have 5 characters at this time"

I used to play uog a lot probably 6 months ago, i downloaded again thinking i would play. Im trying to play some of my old characters mostly on UO Gamers, when i try and join i log in, connect to the shard and where i would normally see my character list it says "you already have 5 characters at this time" so i click ok on the window and it exits me back to the log in screen. I tried it with many other shards, some which i have never played in and the same thing happened. How do i fix this?

Cobane

Wanderer
i dont see why it wouldnt patch. It didnt try too, is there a way to manually patch if it hasnt? or something that i need to do?

sunfiregt

Wanderer
Its not a patching problem, its a client side cache error. This is probably one of the most frequent asked questions on this board so please do a search next time.

TO solve this you must create a new cache for your UO database.

To do this go into your UO folder in C/ and go into the folder marked "desktop." Delete all the contents inside this folder and restart UO.

This will reload UOgamers as a new server and allow you to create new characters

Cobane

Wanderer
sorry man, i really know how frustrating it is when this happens.
anyway, i deleted everything in the desktop folder and nothing happened. I did the search to see if there was anything else i could do, and everything i saw didnt help, i added your aim to my list so hopefully i can catch you on there because it seems to me like you could solve my problems in a second.

edit: I have a uog folder in my uo folder, and theres about 5 or 6 oddly named folders in there, do i delete this? i also looked in my uogateway folder and theres nothing in there that looks like a desktop folder.