UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Yew vs YEW vs YeW vs yEW

LordCool

Wanderer
Yew vs YEW vs YeW vs yEW

So the new rumor is there are two Yew guilds out there. This may be true, the role play guild is abbreviation is Yew.

Please address any problems you have with Yew members in this thread. Screen shots are required for me to do anything. If you manage to capture of shot of another yew guild please submit it also.

Attachments

• Victor Felwind_10-20_13.36-1.jpg
    Victor Felwind_10-20_13.36-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 204
Re: Yew vs YEW vs YeW vs yEW

He should have been removed due to his name alone before the griefing even began. Sure, it could somewhat fit into RP, but it's from a Seinfeld sitcom character.

LordCool

Wanderer

Testament;1767420 said:
He should have been removed due to his name alone before the griefing even began. Sure, it could somewhat fit into RP, but it's from a Seinfeld sitcom character.

thats true, I thought I would give him a chance. Lesson learned.

Drayvock

Sorceror

If the following video does not prove that we, "The Yew Militia", currently tagged [YEW] on Hybrid is not a role playing-player vs. player guild with a long history, then I don't know what does.

Yew Militia - Dedication to Nocturne (YouTube Link)

I can respect the fact that the guild tagged [Yew] ("Yew Militia") is a role playing guild, but I will not tolerate them claiming the sole RP Title of the Yew Militia. The rumors are obviously true, our current guild house is just across the road from the "Yew Militia" [Yew] guild house, and we are active from 8PM EST till about 11 PM EST. I have attached a current screen shot of myself at the Yew ([YEW]) headquarters.

EDIT 2: Just to give as much proof as LordCool that we do exist:

This message is sent by a retired lieutenant of "The Yew Militia". We are the Yew Militia that has been around for nearly 8 years, own the website: " h ttp://www.yewmilitia.com " use the "yewmilitia.guildportal.com" site, started on Catskills, moved to Angle Island, switched to Hybrid, moved back to Angle Island for a short time, moved to Divinity, Age of Conan, now back to Hybrid. We are the Yew Militia that plans to move to Darkfall when it releases, and the same Yew Militia that is signed up for Darkfall's Guild Beta.

If anyone has ANY questions as to who WE are, I suggest you talk to an officer of our guild and visit our website ( h ttp://www.yewmilitia.com/), then turn to LordCool and ask him how much history his Yew Militia guild has.

No offense LordCool, but I will not let you sit back and say that your guild is the only Roleplay Yew Militia.

My most sincere regards,
Vortimis James Gromna, Retired Lieutenant of the Yew Militia

EDIT: Please don't get me wrong about this post, I completely respect your guild, and what you're trying to do, I simply don't approve of HOW you go about doing it, bashing on a guild that has earned it's respect in the RP Community.

Drayvock;1767482 said:
If the following video does not prove that we, "The Yew Militia", currently tagged [YEW] on Hybrid is not a role playing-player vs. player guild with a long history, then I don't know what does.

Yew Militia - Dedication to Nocturne (YouTube Link)

I can respect the fact that the guild tagged [Yew] ("Yew Militia") is a role playing guild, but I will not tolerate them claiming the sole RP Title of the Yew Militia. The rumors are obviously true, our current guild house is just across the road from the "Yew Militia" [Yew] guild house, and we are active from 8PM EST till about 11 PM EST. I have attached a current screen shot of myself at the Yew ([YEW]) headquarters.

EDIT 2: Just to give as much proof as LordCool that we do exist:

This message is sent by a retired lieutenant of "The Yew Militia". We are the Yew Militia that has been around for nearly 8 years, own the website: " h ttp://www.yewmilitia.com " use the "yewmilitia.guildportal.com" site, started on Catskills, moved to Angle Island, switched to Hybrid, moved back to Angle Island for a short time, moved to Divinity, Age of Conan, now back to Hybrid. We are the Yew Militia that plans to move to Darkfall when it releases, and the same Yew Militia that is signed up for Darkfall's Guild Beta.

If anyone has ANY questions as to who WE are, I suggest you talk to an officer of our guild and visit our website ( h ttp://www.yewmilitia.com/), then turn to LordCool and ask him how much history his Yew Militia guild has.

No offense LordCool, but I will not let you sit back and say that your guild is the only Roleplay Yew Militia.

My most sincere regards,
Vortimis James Gromna, Retired Lieutenant of the Yew Militia

EDIT: Please don't get me wrong about this post, I completely respect your guild, and what you're trying to do, I simply don't approve of HOW you go about doing it, bashing on a guild that has earned it's respect in the RP Community.

This thread is old and was not in response to you guys. It was in response to a griefer guild that was around pretending to be them. It was before you guys took interest in hybrid again.

Drayvock

Sorceror

plague_spores;1767530 said:
This thread is old and was not in response to you guys. It was in response to a griefer guild that was around pretending to be them. It was before you guys took interest in hybrid again.

Ahh, you're right. It is old. It was at the top of the list, it was posted to several times today.

Statements in my post still hold true, however. The meaning behind it can be held up.

Drayvock;1767534 said:
Ahh, you're right. It is old. It was at the top of the list, it was posted to several times today.

Statements in my post still hold true, however. The meaning behind it can be held up.

*sigh* Damn Wytches! And they say they kin read!

LordCool

Wanderer

plague_spores;1767530 said:

Pretty much. I assume YEW is a RP guild... even if I think its tacky that you would make said guild even though there is a Yew, Yew Militia. To name your self The Yew Militia and tag yourself YEW just serves to confuse people further.

Drayvock

Sorceror

Well, we would like people to know that we are the Yew Militia that they have known for years, and that you are a different Yew Militia. We want to keep our reputation and respect safe in the RP Community, and don't want someone else to ruin it.

Not to mention, I've had some good RP with a few aspiring members to your militia. RP wise, they argue good points, and even though I disapprove, the people who I have played with, are very good.

Drayvock;1767862 said:
Well, we would like people to know that we are the Yew Militia that they have known for years, and that you are a different Yew Militia. We want to keep our reputation and respect safe in the RP Community, and don't want someone else to ruin it.

Not to mention, I've had some good RP with a few aspiring members to your militia. RP wise, they argue good points, and even though I disapprove, the people who I have played with, are very good.

I dont say this to argue or get on anyones nerves, really. But I was wondering if you meant you have been around uo in general for years? I was not aware that you guys were on hybrid for years. Just curious. Sometimes im oblivious to what guilds are around and which are not.

Drayvock

Sorceror

plague_spores;1767865 said:
I dont say this to argue or get on anyones nerves, really. But I was wondering if you meant you have been around uo in general for years? I was not aware that you guys were on hybrid for years. Just curious. Sometimes im oblivious to what guilds are around and which are not.

Yes, I meant around UO in general. We were on Hybrid for almost a year and a half as well, if I remember right.

Ivan Moody

Wanderer

Testament;1767420 said:

The origins of where a player gets his name should never come into play when dealing with RP unless he/she is directly RPing that character the name came from.

For example: Choosing the name Captain Spaulding, which comes from the movie House of 1000 Corpse and Devils Rejects shouldn't eliminate a player from joining a RP Pirates guild. His/her actions and ability to RP the kin the guild is designed for should be the deciding factor.

nowhere

Wanderer

LordCool;1767744 said:
Pretty much. I assume YEW is a RP guild... even if I think its tacky that you would make said guild even though there is a Yew, Yew Militia. To name your self The Yew Militia and tag yourself YEW just serves to confuse people further.

You chose to imitate and emulate a guild with a long standing history in Ultima Online. A guild which has been led by Major Nocturne since before Publish 16 (over 7 years now) on Origin's Catskills Server. Rather than create something different and design a new and original guild theme, you chose to piggy back on the work and foundations that had been laid long before you chose to use the Yew Militia name for yourself.
Yew Militia has a long standing history on this server that any who have been in the role play community can attest to. In our prime on Hybrid, not even a year ago, we use to average 20 active players a night during prime time and were known for events and battles which we hosted and ran.

If you think its tacky that upon our return we chose to take up the name and reputation we built for ourselves over a 5 year period, across 3 seperate UO servers, having seen probably 100 different faces through that history, then have a parade for your hypocrisy chief. I'd say its much more tacky to steal the history and reputation of a guild you had no part in making and then demand we start something new when we return.

For most of us, while we grow tired of UO from time to time, its almost inevitable that after the next newest game fails to captivate us the way that the 2D slide show we call Ultima Online has, we will return.

I understand the motivation behind starting a Yew Militia in our absence, it is a great basis for a guild. But it is also one we pioneered and built over years of hard times and good times. So if your going to begrudge us, don't think we're going to sit there and take it.

Take that "tack" and shove it.

LordCool

Wanderer

nowhere;1772605 said:
You chose to imitate and emulate a guild with a long standing history in Ultima Online. A guild which has been led by Major Nocturne since before Publish 16 (over 7 years now) on Origin's Catskills Server. Rather than create something different and design a new and original guild theme, you chose to piggy back on the work and foundations that had been laid long before you chose to use the Yew Militia name for yourself.
Yew Militia has a long standing history on this server that any who have been in the role play community can attest to. In our prime on Hybrid, not even a year ago, we use to average 20 active players a night during prime time and were known for events and battles which we hosted and ran.

If you think its tacky that upon our return we chose to take up the name and reputation we built for ourselves over a 5 year period, across 3 seperate UO servers, having seen probably 100 different faces through that history, then have a parade for your hypocrisy chief. I'd say its much more tacky to steal the history and reputation of a guild you had no part in making and then demand we start something new when we return.

For most of us, while we grow tired of UO from time to time, its almost inevitable that after the next newest game fails to captivate us the way that the 2D slide show we call Ultima Online has, we will return.

I understand the motivation behind starting a Yew Militia in our absence, it is a great basis for a guild. But it is also one we pioneered and built over years of hard times and good times. So if your going to begrudge us, don't think we're going to sit there and take it.

Ugh shut up.

nowhere;1772605 said:

[e cry

Man all you people from the cats yew militia ever do is cry cry cry.

get over it.