UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Accepted Wraith form true leech missing

Kiluad

Sorceror
While in wraith form, players are suppose to get mana from their enemy's mana pool and place it into their own. if there is no mana to take, no mana is suppose to be received.

Also, spell are completely missing true leech.

Currently on demise, weapons do take mana from defender while attacker is in wraith form, however, they also take mana when there is no mana to be taken.

Also, currently on demise, spells do not take mana from the target/defender, mana is simply given to the attacker while in wraith form.

On OSI, wraith form has true leech, it deals exclusively with the defenders mana pool, it takes it if it's there.

supporting documents:
http://www.uoguide.com/Wraith_Form
http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/necromancy

respective fix's are attached.

Changed from Spellhelper.cs
Code:
if ( context.Type == typeof( WraithFormSpell ) )
                {
                    int wraithLeech = ( 5 + (int)( ( 15 * from.Skills.SpiritSpeak.Value ) / 100 ) ); // Wraith form gives 5-20% mana leech
                    int manaLeech = AOS.Scale( damageGiven, wraithLeech );

if ( manaLeech != 0 )
                   {
                        from.Mana += manaLeech;
                        from.PlaySound( 0x44D );
                        target.Mana -= manaLeech;
                    }
                }

to this:

Code:
if ( context.Type == typeof( WraithFormSpell ) )
                {
                    int wraithLeech = ( 5 + (int)( ( 15 * from.Skills.SpiritSpeak.Value ) / 100 ) ); // Wraith form gives 5-20% mana leech
                    int manaLeech = AOS.Scale( damageGiven, wraithLeech );

if ( target.Mana < manaLeech )
                    {
                        target.Mana -= target.Mana;
                        from.Mana += target.Mana;
                    }
                    else if ( manaLeech != 0 )
                    {
                        from.Mana += manaLeech;
                        from.PlaySound( 0x44D );
                        target.Mana -= manaLeech;
                    }
                }

Changed from Baseweapon.cs:

Code:
{
                    wraithLeech = (5 + (int)((15 * attacker.Skills.SpiritSpeak.Value) / 100)); // Wraith form gives an additional 5-20% mana leech

// Mana leeched by the Wraith Form spell is actually stolen, not just leeched.
                    defender.Mana -= AOS.Scale( damageGiven, wraithLeech );

manaLeech += wraithLeech;
                }

to this

Code:
{
                    wraithLeech = (5 + (int)((15 * attacker.Skills.SpiritSpeak.Value) / 100)); // Wraith form gives an additional 5-20% mana leech

// Mana leeched by the Wraith Form spell is actually stolen, not just leeched.
                    if (defender.Mana < AOS.Scale(damageGiven, wraithLeech))
                    {
                        defender.Mana -= defender.Mana;
                        attacker.Mana += defender.Mana;
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        defender.Mana -= AOS.Scale(damageGiven, wraithLeech);
                        manaLeech += wraithLeech;
                    }
                }

During testing, spell leeched mana, and stoped when enemy's mana pool went dry. as did weapons.

Attachments

• SpellHelper.cs.patch
    885 bytes · Views: 1
  • BaseWeapon.cs.patch
    995 bytes · Views: 1

Kiluad

Sorceror
I don't think that blocks true leech in PvP, the spell leeching. i didn't even think of it at the time. and really don't know how it's suppose to react.

Kiluad

Sorceror
i did some looking, can't find much about pvp and the drain effect of wraith form. so i have no idea, currently on demise weapons do drain mana from other players. Again, the spells don't drain from anything, they only add to the aggressor right now on demise. So, as it sits, these patch's look correct.

mytilus

Sorceror
Stratics forums are a joke... if you read enough posts you can find people who swear you need to wear a luck suit to get more heartwood runics or fishing with a good luck suit will increase the serpent spawn rate. For a long time wraith form spell was so broken it was not even usable here.... At least if everybody is forced to go back to spawning with summons/ev Hz will have much more time to find you and raid you. enjoy

Kiluad

Sorceror
who the hell's Hz?

edit:
Just to be clear, this correction wouldn't slow most spawns down, at least none of the spawns people do most.

slimes have almost a 1/1 mana hits ratio. since you can only take 1/4 mana per damage, most creatures wouldn't change much. ogre lords, rotten corpses, things with high hits and low mana would be noticeable. coon wouldn't be noticeable.

It mostly affects long fights, and make fighting mobs more interesting, you get no more mana, but they cast no more spells.

You can find anyone saying anything in any group, but when see on stratics/uoguide, then read 20 posts, most of which are players on OSI wondering why their wraith mana leech doesn't work some times. you have to accept reality, and stop living in a fantasy world where players are ultra gods.

Kiluad

Sorceror
Just tested this, everything but the pvp aspect, on an official server.

no mana on defender, while attacker is in wraith form = ZERO mana leech to attacker. unless a mana leech weapon is equiped and is hitting with a weapon.(two different leeches that work differently)
spells cast on enemies while in wraith form, does take from defenders mana pool. they lose mana when hit with someone in wraith form.

Kiluad

Sorceror
that makes no sense, there's nothing imaginary about ultima online. it's a fantasy type world, the game itself is real, the rules of the game are real.... your mom being good in the sack last night is not real.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Now everyone can play Gimped sampires to kill almost everything in the game. This is similar to the casting bug but worse. No one would support changing this.

Kiluad

Sorceror
people who like accuracy and more variety in their gaming, do support fixing the server. people who don't support it, like one button macros and cheating.

Fixing wraith form adds balance to the game, it improves PvM, makes fights more interesting. Is this server a custom server for a few select pvpers, or what?

Is necessary fix this, even though bad for pvm, but too is necessary fix Whirlwind Attack in Demise no have Bushido bonus atack:

Bushido Bonus
Bushido gives a damage bonus to Whirlwind : ((# of opponents * Bushido) * (# of opponents * Bushido) / 3600) = Bonus Damage

For example, if you are using a weapon with Whirlwind on it, and you are surrounded by 4 enemies, and have a Bushido skill of 90, the additional damage you do to each of those enemies will be 36 points of additional damage. The damage bonus is capped at 100. [1]

If some day fix wraith form too fix Whirlwind to have alternatives for PVM, please don't fix only bad things in pvm style.

kolbycrouch

Knight
You're right it should be fixed, but the development leans toward nerfing type fixes, and a lot of the bugs like you mention with Whirlwind ( momentum strike, confidence and a lot of others are incorrect too ) are not getting fixed.

If we can get these changes at the same time, it would be fine, but a lot of players would be annoyed to log on every sunday and notice that something else is weaker, that they have relied on for years, but nothing else was fixed to be useful.

Eos

Demise Administrator
Staff member
please don't fix only bad things in pvm style.
I actually prefer doing accuracy nerfs paired with positive improvements as well. Only nerfing things is no fun from a development standpoint either. Feel free to mention/link any related improvements that can be made in any bug report thread. :)

We'll keep the whirlwind fix in mind for this particular case.

Last edited:
Ty for excelent feedback about bug fix, here you have players than dont have good set pvm for use in champ is love search bug for fix than nerf things than he can not make.

otimpyre

Sorceror
I hoped this day would never come. As it will kill my play style and will probably bring me to change my template a great deal. But, I would like to point out that simply fixing this without a great deal of other changes will really hurt the player base. There are a lot of necros on Demise. Things like fire field being mostly 1 dmg per tick is wrong, damaging fields such as wildfire, poison field ect.. also leech mana when in wraith. Corpse skin increases dmg from fire field.Undead slayers in PvP work against players in wraith it goes on and on. Like I have said many many times to other players don't wish for Demise to be to much like OSI you may regret it. There are many reasons I hightailed it back from OSI to Demise. And that was game mechanics, players are totally different in mind, and basically it felt all together alien. Every step I took was different. And all OSI players were shocked at my template and play style. So many things were nerfed especially mage tamers on OSI I was raided by ninjas. But, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone pointed this out. Word of death is really different on OSI it has a flat rate of dmg like say after all modifiers ect... its not like min/max it is flat say you are doing 250 DMG per hit it is always 250 per hit I was like WHOA I was doing 250 DMG to melisande with a level 6 focus when her health was 16% and I do believe it was 250 DMG per hit every strike. Also word of death has a small chance to instantly kill the target after the 16% health check. The chance wasn't near as little as casting a lama energy vortex. It was actually quite common to just drop an enemy dead with word of death. You can get lucky and just drop melisande and skip her summoning help. Cause shes dead she can't do it. I am sure pvpers would just love that, a weaver dropping them dead at 16% health.

Last edited:

MMMartin

Squire
whatever otherhand... necro tamers are powerfull... with this way will a bit balanced them, and will start play some chars like bards tamers or use at last skill meditation and rege mana items :)... and mostly moster have enought mana for all time leach :), just plain stronghead moster with big hit will a bit more hard killing :)