UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Would you like to see spell damages balanced (mostly made less)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb
Re: Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Melee damange is already very low if you have good armour on (which is very easy to get)

I'd love to see spell damage decreased, along with 100 stat caps.

Killing ppl in 2 spells is insane (Ive dropped ppl with explo fs)

It would bring back the fun to PvP, not just same old combos all the time.

coldblood

Knight

Jenova said:
Wear armor.

Armor is overpowered atm, take advantage of it. 30+ AR and I gaurantee you wont die to a dexer unless you blow hardcore. Or they are actually decent dexers and throw tons of pots.

Melee is only ridiculous when you have no armor on.
to get over 30ar with a mage is u have to wear at least decent magic armor
a vanq wep costs like 5k and is VERY easy to get
but a set of fort. leather armor etc is much more expensive and harder to get.

coldblood

Knight

_Choru_ said:
Melee damange is already very low if you have good armour on (which is very easy to get)

I'd love to see spell damage decreased, along with 100 stat caps.

Killing ppl in 2 spells is insane (Ive dropped ppl with explo fs)

It would bring back the fun to PvP, not just same old combos all the time.
it is impossible to kill someone with like 95 hp with 2 spells.
flamestrike NEVER does more than 50 dmg

coldblood

Knight

plus: if spell damage is decreased, the amount of people is more important. u cant have a 2v3 anymore, cause 3 people will heal more hp than 2 people can do dmg

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

Ive killed several people with explo fs.

A full INVUL set of leather is easy to get, YES spent about 5hours doing tmaps, we have enough 30+ AR suits to last us for months.

Its really not hard to get.

Hugo

Wanderer

I love Balance and I would give anything for a balanced PvP. I am happy as long as this does not lead to some pathetic Stone/paper/Scissor pvp.

I don't know how lowering spell damage will help at all though, the gap between warriors and mages is very big as it is. Even though I often win against Dexxers or Lumberjacks I do not belive I have the upperhand at all.

So why do the dexxers think we have the upper hand?
They can almost interupt any attempt from the mages side to attack them and they do painful damage and poison me so I have to get into defensive mode immidietly. Don't tell me Dexxers have a weak defense against our magic because that is not true. Their offense is their biggest defence, and with their ability to heal themselves with bandies and pots they have a great defense against our spells.

What do we have for a defense against the warriors? our protection spells?
Where's our chance to distrupt or fuck up the warriors attacks like they fuck our attacks? Where's our constant interuption!?
Hey why can't every spell I shoot cause a great poison? *rolls eyes*

Nobody wants Stone/Paper/scissor pvp on UO, right?
PvP in games like guildwars is almost entirely about how you build your character, we don't want that here! we want a PvP system that is balanced and that has no superior builds! everyone should have the same chances when they enter a fight.

The Mage pvp of UO is the heart of UO and has always been in my opinion.
A mage VS mage duell is a perfect example of balance. Both duellers have the same chance to win and this takes it down to the players skill.

Why do we want to make a class that already is a click and kill class better?
I will never see the skill in playing a warrior. I have played so many with so great succsess it's sad. It feels as if I am unkillable by mages unless I am ganked or I run out of pots and bandies.

Kumba[IC]

Wanderer

ColdBlood said:
to get over 30ar with a mage is u have to wear at least decent magic armor
a vanq wep costs like 5k and is VERY easy to get
but a set of fort. leather armor etc is much more expensive and harder to get.

Use barbed armor then cast arch prot simple ar :)

Svensk said:
Eeeek!!
50 votes out of 800 players!!
However..
I guess I wont be the only one quitting, making the dexmonkeys even better.. fu :E

Can you give me a loc of your house so i can place my own when yours goes IDOC
k thanks

Lilith L

Wanderer

the question is improved or made less?

I think we have resist spells to this (protect spell damage).

Svensk said:
Eeeek!!
50 votes out of 800 players!!
However..
I guess I wont be the only one quitting, making the dexmonkeys even better.. fu :E

well i posted a month or so ago about having a vote system in game because not everyone in game uses these forums so it really should be an in game vote for any changes.

Jenova said:
Wear armor.

Armor is overpowered atm, take advantage of it. 30+ AR and I gaurantee you wont die to a dexer unless you blow hardcore. Or they are actually decent dexers and throw tons of pots.

Melee is only ridiculous when you have no armor on.

I agree, I would dare say that anyone that complains about melee being over powered runs around naked or is only wearing like +6 worth of leather armor.

If you are wearing +30 armor or more, even a vanq spear is not going to hurt that bad.

Fire_Fang

Wanderer

Definately, people saying the "no skill dexxers" are over powered as it is need to check themselves, even with no armour only the good dexxers stand a chance against a mage, if a mage hits up RA and starts a mana dump on a non mage dexxer it's pretty much gauranteed to drop him unless he can run or chance it for hitting enough to disrupt long enough to heal (doesn't happen often)
I pvp on a mage 90% of the time, my dexxers aren't particularly pvp chars but I agree that spell damage needs decreasing.

Mary Poppins

Wanderer

I would love to see this pass and spell damages lessed, not to nerf mages, but to finally fix GM magic resist and make it function like it used to before all the PUB 16 120 stat cap changes ruined it.

Enemy Of You

Wanderer

Ryan said:
Just vote, dont be a moron.

You gotta account for potions, etc.

If you polled people by how well they do in duels/field, you'll see the novice pvpers will complain, where duels now can go for ever and nearly impossible with potions, and fail rates on stun.

A

AllasPancakes

No this would totaly ruin field pvp its far to easy to survive 1vs1 as it is now and 2vs2 should not be a problem as it is now. and if the numbers are more you would have to nerf the damage to the point where a mongbat needs a explo eb to die. (by far to easy i mean petals str pots and cure pots) combined with magery in worst case magery and healing

Samara

Wanderer

I think lowering spell damage is a must especially if the stat cap gets lowered.

It will bring some new excitement to the game and people will have to rethink their tactics which is always fun.

Lony

Sorceror

You can even get away with using half hardening/fort/invul armor and GM armor and the dmg still is greatly decreased for a dexxer.

Strong

Wanderer

Samara said:
I think lowering spell damage is a must especially if the stat cap gets lowered.

It will bring some new excitement to the game and people will have to rethink their tactics which is always fun.

Its all relative. If you lower the stat cap then you MUST lower the spell dmg. If you lower the spell dmg then you should increase the stun timer on a mage. If any changes happen we can all adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.