UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

World Of Warcraft

World Of Warcraft

Yet again another W.o.W thread.

While checking out the WoW forums i noticed a thread about Ultima Online. Many people said its a dead game an inactive due to ML an KR....

An then as the pages went on it turned into how many people still play UO an surprisingly alot of WoW players play UO as well.

So who here on Demise plays world of warcraft. if you do play list the realm, character name, class, ect.

Realm: Destromath
Character Name: Vaiden
Class: Druid

Khephren

Knight
Re: World Of Warcraft

as much as I know i would LOVE WoW..... i will never play it.... WHY?

first of all, as i easilly get addicted to games so are most of you... i already spend much time and more time than i should in front of this box...

second : it costs

third : all the people i knew (yes i knew) that play WoW ignore their friends.... and that also falls under my 1rst reason.

i know i might be missing alot but take it this way, life is too short and will be shorter as years go by so we might as well make the most out of it since what, besides a small brain orgasm does games give us? not food, not women (or men for some people), no money(at least for me), no good health.... and so on :)

emoooo

Sorceror

I play on Arathor(Reckoning), my main is an undead mage named Scylefice.

btw if you let WoW or UO destroy your social life you can't really blame the game :/

Hawken

Wanderer

I used to play WoW, but I quit. I don't have a lot of free time to devote to playing an on-line game, maybe 1/2 hour to an hour at a time. To accomplish anything in WoW was requiring that I play a minimum of 2 hours if not more.

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

I see nothing in WoW. It's wayyy too limited. That's why I play UO. You can play WoW for free just like you play UO for free. Just a matter of finding a private server.

---FK

Khephren

Knight

Hawken;394613 said:
I used to play WoW, but I quit. I don't have a lot of free time to devote to playing an on-line game, maybe 1/2 hour to an hour at a time. To accomplish anything in WoW was requiring that I play a minimum of 2 hours if not more.

congrats, you're the first one i see that say that you quit WoW....

i dunno, i LOVED war III so im pretty sure i would... can you imagine, im so scared that the only thing i looked at is the images on the game box, i never actually saw any gameplay.

pbguy434

Knight

emoooo;394610 said:
my main is an undead mage named Scylefice.

btw if you let WoW or UO destroy your social life you can't really blame the game :/

1. itt lolepics
2. I agree with the latter statement.

im not like i used to be, i used to play Online games an make music all day.

Now ive changed my ways i got a job an i have to work 6 days a week almost 8 hours a day.
WHen i have free time i play Wow or UO

or im out spending time with my girlfriend ect.

dont let games control you.

p01n7e

Sorceror

Shifty Da Clown;394796 said:
An you sir can go f*ck yourself
Go buy him a condom with your, and i quote, "millions of dollars i make every day rapping" and he just might do it?

Angel X

Sorceror

I've played WoW, but prefer Everquest. There's much more content(in my opinion) and the gameplay is a little different. But I'd agree that most people that DO play another game besides UO, play WoW it seems. I wonder how many peeps play EQ still or did in the past.

p01n7e;395057 said:
Go buy him a condom with your, and i quote, "millions of dollars i make every day rapping" and he just might do it?

excuse me but when the hell did i say i make "millions"?

I use to play on Spinebreaker.

But I quit and sold my account a few months ago.

After clearing Hyjal and Black Temple and waiting for Sunwell it just really lost it's touch for it.

So I laid down my orc in a grave and said goodbye to him.

R.I.P

Dugradugburr
Spinebreaker
Warrior

Main Tank of Leviathan.

but hey, thanks for $800 you scored me.

Neogeo11

Wanderer

WOW is pretty boring compared to UO and the pVp in wow is Sooooo sad in comparison.

I use an Aff lock and Yes Locks are Over Powered....so what?

Anyways, the only thing to do in wow is 3 things.

1.) Level by grinding
2.) Leveling by quest Grinding
3.) Level By instance

Once your done the game u have end game instances for shit items that do f$%^ all cuz gladiator suits are better.

Why play wow?? Probably cuz they never played uo and don't know what the hell a real MMO even looks like.

that's just my opinion, and from talking to most people who played wow and uo. Everyone goes back to uo.

and my char's home is on "Kil'Jaeden" Alliance human

pbguy434

Knight

Neogeo11;395660 said:
I use an Aff lock and Yes Locks are Over Powered....so what?
Warlocks are fine, idiot. You sound like a kid that rolled a Lock in their FotM stage just to rock faces while they were amazing, because you couldn't do it otherwise.

The same things can be said about UO. Except replace leveling with working up your skills. Don't act like it's so different. The only way to "get anywhere" is to farm Gaunt, which is much more boring than any grind in WoW.

DarkSaionji

Sorceror

I think UO is very different. Farming the gauntlet may get you artifacts and interesting loot to sell, but that's not where we all hope to end up. Some of us hope to go no further than Luna's main building. I haven't really met anybody who played WoW and wasn't interested in leveling up their character. I've met tons of people on UO who don't really care where their skills are or what loot they have. I once met a man who raised plants. That's all he did, he had a greenhouse. I also met pirates and mages in platemail. I've never seen any of those in WoW.

---FK

The Instigator

Sorceror

rocked a shaman on perenolde for a little bit, I mean, theres certain aspects to the game that I like, but I'm a UO fan.

Shifty Da Clown;394790 said:
im not like i used to be, i used to play Online games an make music all day.

Now ive changed my ways i got a job an i have to work 6 days a week almost 8 hours a day.
WHen i have free time i play Wow or UO

or im out spending time with my girlfriend ect.

dont let games control you.

lol agreed with pbguy.