UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Why do you do factions?

Tay M'real

Sorceror
Why do you do factions?

Hey folks...I joined Factions on OSI prod shards when they started and quit about 10 minutes after when it was a gank fest and my own True Britannians were ganking me along with the SL's...

I noticed there are alot of complaints on this server about factions.......so my question is...

Why do you do Factions?

Should be a cool thread :cool:

sunfiregt

Wanderer
I play just to see how many people recall in when i attack one CoMunist. And then how long it takes them to decide to run into their guard turrets or finally gank me to death. Or recall while they are in the midst of revealing and while im posioned. That is worth it.

C

Cricket

The challenge of fighting what usually turns out to be atleast 3v1 adds a different element to the game...for me atleast.

As a PK it's more solo fighting or group fighting...

With factions, unless you're CoM, it requires more tact to stay alive.

~C

BrandT

Wanderer
I was not actively playing, but I'm Minax now and I just want to take the challenge to beat the CoM people against all the odds... You know, 'odds'....

Basically, same here. I loathe factions, but I enjoy sitting at Minax base as we have the past few nights, and just chilling with the guys and fighting whoever attacks. If we got all the towns, I dunno what I'd do. Maybe make a tailor and deck out my faction char with all faction armor and whatnot. I have never been able to do that on OSI, so it'd be cool to try to do that here.

It's just fun to have a purpose behind your fighting. In O/C, there really is no purpose but to kill OJ's. In factions , there's a powerhouse - CoM, and everyone else is just trying to bring 'em down. So it puts a purpose on what you're dieing for.

I dunno, just makes it a little more fun, imho.

JasonU

Wanderer
I know atleast on OSI it brought you together with people and clans you otherwise wouldn't have fought with or agianst. The sigil guards/raids were hella fun. Some of the best times I've had in UO. Hope to rekindle that old flame here.