UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who do I e-mail to get my houses back?

byrdman

Sorceror
Re: Who do I e-mail to get my houses back?

Kitchen_;1530990 said:
Who cares you don't need that stuff to play Ultima Online anyways. All you need is regs, pots, armor, and some magic weapons.

And if someone is holding a house for you, I say it should be dropped anyways. It's sort of like evading the rules.

i take it you don't own a house?

byrdman

Sorceror

what if gms would warn in game when they are thinking of deleting your houses?

or would that take too much time away from answering pages?

raito

Wanderer

Then people would just sell their houses after being warned. That really takes the punishment element out of it.

Winged

Wanderer

It's human (crappy human anyway) nature to oversize. They can't do something, still they want to be "elite". They try to bend the rules. "OH PLZ GM I SWEAR I?M HONEST!!! I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS VERY SICK AND HAPPENS TO SHARE IPS WITH ME (no routers or proxys) AND WE ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON PLZ GM GIBE STUFF BACK, I NEED STUFF BAD PLZ I WAS GOING TO PLACE CASTLE TO IMPRESS PEOPLE (even though i don't need the space) AND AND AND WHEN MY FRIEND WHO IS SICK DIES I GET HIS STUFF (the castle) AND I WAS REALLY CLOSE TO DOING THIS I MEAN WE, BOTH ME AND MY SICK FRIEND WHO LIVES IN THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COUNTRY (clue: hubs and proxy servers are traceable back to your ISP even simple firewalls do it. ip masks won't work.)

JamesD

Wanderer

Winged, one thing, its not a dieing friend, and if you want proof that more that it was myself and a friend, go faction sometime. We are the ANGRYs of uDo. There are 3 or 4 of us. Myself and the original ANGRY are the ones who are/were working on the castle, and when you see us on the field, I believe it proves we are not the same person. I didn't break the rules, and I didn't bend the rules. I stayed within 4 houses, as did my friend, and when I get the last plot, I will place a castle, bringing me down to 2 houses and my friend down to 2 as well. And Winged, I would like to know if you have ever seen an IP report printed out? I have back when i was 13 and had a criminal investigation started because my Siege Perilous account was hacked and deleted losing me 10mill and a 6x Elder Tamer (600$ USD value back then). An IP Report covering 1 month of usage was 30 pages long.

Winged

Wanderer

Having two characters online at the same time, even talking and moving in different ways proves.... nothing. You need way better than that. How many people do what i reported? Many many. How many times your story verifies opposed to what i suggested? Very few. If you happen to be Mr bad luck, then i feel sorry for you but sometimes we just think we know alot about the internet protocols and think we can get away with a little trick. Well, only the staff will tell. If you're innocent, gl.

JamesD

Wanderer

What are you talking about Winged? You don't PvP or faction obviously... The only person that can use multiple characters at once to PvP is Krrios.

Winged

Wanderer

right. is that a special rule for him, no i don't pvp but i doubt someone has special rules set for him. anyway i've seen it happen in OSI, and the staff know better. Some machines allow multiple screening and mouse instances (yes 2 mice, one computer) and if you are geek, it's doable. Not saying you are doing it, just saying you won't make your point by showing 2 pvp characters pvping. Only tracing back your IPS could help and i don't think staff will give you anything if they arent 100% convinced

JamesD

Wanderer

Winged, seriously bro, just shut up man, I lost 20mill because of this mistake and I'm keeping really cool about it. I obeyed the rules, I was just working to accomplish one of the hardest feats in game; earning myself and my guild a castle. Now you show me someone else who had staff destroy a year of their hard work who has been this cool about it.

Winged;1532389 said:
right. is that a special rule for him, no i don't pvp but i doubt someone has special rules set for him.
Yes, considering krrios is a gm I'd say there are rules that apply only to him.

Winged

Wanderer

GM. that explains it. Ok, anyway, the point is you need better proof imo. btw is there a special rule preventing multiple instances same ip attacking someone? I don't know about pvp here

catts

Sorceror

Lesson you should learn from this guy:

That letting your buddy use your account is BAD and vice versa.

JamesD88;1532281 said:
Hah, you're telling me. I played honestly, stayed within my 4 houses, and came home from work to see that I only had two left. I mean, I understand how Mark made the error, it is because some of the accounts that I use are shared with a guy who lives on the other side of the US from me. He owned 4 houses, I owned 4 houses; so because some of our Faction Characters and BOD Runners have each other's IPs on them he made the assumption that we are the same guy. I don't know how to prove that I am telling the truth, but I am.
If I read that right, you mean to say you both created some of the four accounts you own on each other's IP addresses? Or, you both made four each at your home and share the accounts between the two of you?

JamesD

Wanderer

Both made our own accounts at our own houses but share some of the accounts (BOD Runners and some Factioners). But we only really share mmm 1 account that has a house on it, my char, ANGRY of uDo that is currently Commanding Lord of SL (my friend's account that he gave the char to me to use). My friend has logged onto my other house owner accounts less than 5 times to check for BODs (Only like 4 smiths on those 3 accounts). I have never logged onto his house owner accounts (A Keep, an L shape, a small house south of brit swamps, and the 14x17 that was part of the castle i was going).

I have never met the guy IRL, i live in California, he lives in North Carolina... All the way across the US from me... So how our IPs might have been similar, I do not know. We have played OSI on and off in the same guild since Pacific in 2000.