UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Who do I e-mail to get my houses back?

JamesD

Wanderer
Who do I e-mail to get my houses back?

Today i got home to multiple AIM messages telling me that my houses had been dropped. I do not have a brother, sister, father, dog, or cat that plays ultima with me. It is me and only me that plays uo in my household. I have been at 4 houses for the past week or so, with one person holding one house for me since I purchased it last week (putting me at 4 for the first time in a while). I had owned the house 2 houses behind Chuck Zitto's in East Britain, and 2 Large plots and 1 Small Plot in a clearing in Yew with my aforementioned friend owning one medium plot in the clearing as well. That friend is from Northern Carolina, I am from Northern California, over 3500 Miles away from each other. Two of my 4 houses were dropped today, and the one house that my friend was holding in the clearing was dropped, so I lost 3 houses in the same clearing. I logged on after work this afternoon owning two houses, my East Britain House, and the 18x18 still standing in the Yew Clearing. I have been in the admin queue for an hour now, and have since purchased one of the plots back. How do I get reimbursed for this mistake on the part of the staff? I have spent a long time purchasing the plots in this area, and was going to buy the final one next week and place one single house. Yet, I would have had friend's hold houses for me to keep me under the 4 house limit as I have done ever since the rule was established (even with me being an IDOCer). I not only lost the plots, but I lost everything that had been on my 14x18 (Countless COlored Ingots, +60 ASH Hammers, 3 Valorite Weapons, and much more). All in All I lost about 15million gold worth of housing and items while being within the housing limit and following the rules.

I would really like to know who I e-mail to have my houses replaced and possibly reimbursed for that which was taken from me. It is very upsetting to see all of my hard work go to waste like this, and I would really just like to know who can fix this issue and how they can do it. Thank You.

Re: Who do I e-mail to get my houses back?

You won't be reimbursed, maybe you had logged onto someone elses account that also had alot of houses. That's the only thing I could think of if you wasn't over the limit.

JamesD

Wanderer

Thats real disturbing to hear. I hope i get some reimbursement for the mistake that was made today :( I mean seriously, I obey the rules and I'm an honest player, why would the staff not fix an error that they made of this magnitude?

stevandv

Sorceror

Sucks man sorry . But i'm sure the gms will tell you why they did it. So maby it won't happen again. But untill then i don't think i would be buying any more houses till you find out

Endless Darc

Wanderer

Two reasons actually,

1) Cause its a free shard and they don't "Have" to do anything.
2) Most likely it wasn't a mistake on they're fault, staff usually doesn't just make huge mistakes like this, its prolly something you did and have not realized it yet.

But hopefully your right and hopefully you do get your stuff back

good luck man. I hope all goes well

Vizeroth

Sorceror

Is it illegal to have friends hold houses for you? What is the exact rule regarding this?

JamesD

Wanderer

Endless Darc;1530929 said:
Two reasons actually,

1) Cause its a free shard and they don't "Have" to do anything.
2) Most likely it wasn't a mistake on they're fault, staff usually doesn't just make huge mistakes like this, its prolly something you did and have not realized it yet.

But hopefully your right and hopefully you do get your stuff back

good luck man. I hope all goes well

Im not saying they HAVE to do anything, I am just hoping that something will be done to right this error.

I was within the housing limit, and my houses had nothing inappropriate about them. I was in control of 4 out of 5 (Me owning 3 and a friend owning another) houses necessary to place a castle. So I believe this is the largest mistake that can be made as far as housing goes.

K

Kitchen_

Who cares you don't need that stuff to play Ultima Online anyways. All you need is regs, pots, armor, and some magic weapons.

And if someone is holding a house for you, I say it should be dropped anyways. It's sort of like evading the rules.

JamesD

Wanderer

well my armor was in the house that was dropped along with all of my resources except regs and kegs... But how is a person supposed to place a tower, (2-4 Plots), a keep (4-7 plots), or a castle (6-12 plots can fit inside the area of a castle), without someone holding a house?

Heceldi

Wanderer

If you read around the forums, yes, having 'friends' hold houses for you, still counts them as yours, and having 8 houses (your 4 in accounts, and 4 being held by others) means you are breaking rules, and are likely going to get the whammy. How do you buy enough for a large plot? Buy 2 next to each other, drop a long house in place of 2. Buy another, drop an L shape. Buy another two, drop a long house. Do in stages, so you never go over 4. Just make sure you keep combining as possible. They mentioned elsewhere they count 'being held for' means its still yours.

Mark

Knight

The only houses I deleted recently were owned by people who had over 7-8 houses tied to them.

JamesD

Wanderer

Well, could you tell me where my other 4 houses were? Because I never broke the housing limit rule, and it must be somewhere along the lines of sharing bod accounts that do not even own houses that got my houses dropped.

M a r i s

Wanderer

Man this sucks..=/

So let me get this straight..If i give or let a friend hold a house, does that mean it's still mine?

JamesD

Wanderer

Heceldi;1531356 said:
If you read around the forums, yes, having 'friends' hold houses for you, still counts them as yours, and having 8 houses (your 4 in accounts, and 4 being held by others) means you are breaking rules, and are likely going to get the whammy. How do you buy enough for a large plot? Buy 2 next to each other, drop a long house in place of 2. Buy another, drop an L shape. Buy another two, drop a long house. Do in stages, so you never go over 4. Just make sure you keep combining as possible. They mentioned elsewhere they count 'being held for' means its still yours.

Hmmm that would be amazing if it were possible, considering one plot was already 18x18, one was 14x18, another was 13x17 (my friend was holding it), and the last one a small one like 8x12. I still needed to purchase one more plot to place a castle. So tell me how I combine all those when there are trees preventing me from placing some of the plots, and if I had resized the small and the 13x17, it would have allowed a small house to be placed in front, completely ruining my chances at getting the castle...

M a r i s

Wanderer

Heceldi;1531356 said:

Even if you did place what you stated, that is still 3-5 houses..=/

I would think a tower on the north western part
a tower on the northeaster part
and a big ass 18x13 long house or something at the bottom, and another house if it can be placed..

But even so that way leaves 4 houses that you have + a house that is your main house..so if you are going to place a keep or stone tower, you will have to get over the limit..

saul

Wanderer

James I don't have many encouraging words, sorry bud. 2 of my guildmates' houses were dropped the same day. They owned one house each. One account each (I know them in real life as well and am certain of the fact). It is not even possible for them to have two houses, let alone be over the house limit of 4. They paged and wrote emails ...can anyone guess what the official response was from Banshee?

saul

Wanderer

Heceldi;1531356 said:

what the crazy hell are you talking about? are you saying everytime i sell a house it still counts towards my house limit?!?!?! when you give a house to someone it is theirs, not yours.

shar'thok

Wanderer

saul;1531996 said:
what the crazy hell are you talking about? are you saying everytime i sell a house it still counts towards my house limit?!?!?! when you give a house to someone it is theirs, not yours.

ya no shit! wtf is going on!?

JamesD

Wanderer

Hah, you're telling me. I played honestly, stayed within my 4 houses, and came home from work to see that I only had two left. I mean, I understand how Mark made the error, it is because some of the accounts that I use are shared with a guy who lives on the other side of the US from me. He owned 4 houses, I owned 4 houses; so because some of our Faction Characters and BOD Runners have each other's IPs on them he made the assumption that we are the same guy. I don't know how to prove that I am telling the truth, but I am.