UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Where exactly is this?

nfef

Wanderer
Where exactly is this?

I was gated here and left after being PKed on ice island.. what is this a GM jail or something?

And people wonder why this shard doesn't attract new players. -_-

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Re: Where exactly is this?

He isnt trap as long as his avatar can move. And there is always the stuck option.

Mustafa

Wanderer

I don't think it matters if his avatar can move or not.. it's that he can't get off the island.. just like if you make a trap in your house (i think ghosts can use leave house now?) you can move around but if you couldn't get out you could be jailed for it. And there is a stuck option for a ghost in a house... so i think this would be pretty much the same thing... except it's not a house...

Countessa

Knight

As long as he is able to move, he's not trapped. He can have a friend pick him up or sail out and leave a boat for himself.

JamesD

Wanderer

hmmm... you can also have a friend come destroy boxes that are keeping your avatar trapped inside a dungeon... So when is a trap a trap? Say hello to the anarchy that is becoming rampant on this shard.

quid pro quo

Wanderer

I think by move - it is meant as the ability to go from point A to point B via normal transportation. Running or sailing.

If anything prevents you from going from A to B via running or sailing, then it can be considered as blocking?

Mustafa

Wanderer

so you could gate to a shoreline and block someone in with boxes but leave a part of the shorline open?

Endless Darc

Wanderer

JamesD88;1654068 said:
hmmm... you can also have a friend come destroy boxes that are keeping your avatar trapped inside a dungeon... So when is a trap a trap? Say hello to the anarchy that is becoming rampant on this shard.

Honestly, rules change with the GMs moods.

Endless Darc;1654082 said:
Honestly, rules change with the GMs moods.

i dont completely agree with this statement but its somewhat correct.
its more of no gm is consistent with other gms. like how we all here people say well one gm said i can trap and the other says no. what really need is the gms to get all in one place and one time and determine one standard for all gms not to each his own.

ploki

Knight

Countessa;1654065 said:
As long as he is able to move, he's not trapped. He can have a friend pick him up or sail out and leave a boat for himself.

i'm keeping this forever quoted.
or atleast until the rule changes..

Countessa

Knight

ploki;1654092 said:
i'm keeping this forever quoted.
or atleast until the rule changes..

Keep in mind of those options, one is he can save himself.
Realize too, blocking/trapping in a dungeon is different circumstances.
In this situation, he is no different than being dead on an island.

There is a set of rules the staff follows. In some instances, a judgement call must be made by the staff based on the rules already set out since no set of rules can predict all possible future actions and events.

Endless Darc

Wanderer

incubusfan1413;1654091 said:
i dont completely agree with this statement but its somewhat correct.
its more of no gm is consistent with other gms. like how we all here people say well one gm said i can trap and the other says no. what really need is the gms to get all in one place and one time and determine one standard for all gms not to each his own.

Lol, your missing my point. I can page one day and GM lynn tells me blocking off a dungeon enterence is fine. The next day poof there she is telling me I have to remove my boxes from the enterence.
Now maybe Im misunderstanding, but it seems like her answers change with her mood.

samuricex

Sorceror

Okay, so it's illegal to box a ghost so he can't move.

But it's okay to box a ghost with two spaces so he can move back and forth. Got it.

Griefers, you heard it here!

ploki

Knight

Countessa;1654097 said:
Keep in mind of those options, one is he can save himself.
Realize too, blocking/trapping in a dungeon is different circumstances.
In this situation, he is no different than being dead on an island.

There is a set of rules the staff follows. In some instances, a judgement call must be made by the staff based on the rules already set out since no set of rules can predict all possible future actions and events.

understandable... i'll put an astrix next to the quote and put this under it :p

i once had some guys box me in right on an anhk and i could rez and try in move the boxes but the reds would just kill me again

soo i just paged about it and a GM poped and said that was illegal even though i could rez there it was still illegal because my ghost couldnt get past the anhk so i could go rez else where

in this sitiuation i would say it should be illegal to because the ghost cant get anywhere at all and the help option never works for me.... and i have never used it it always comes up with that shit about typeing something

but im not a GM and like some of u said it all depends on what GM comes to assist and what mood they are in

quid pro quo

Wanderer

IMO the rule should be if the ghost can run to a town unobstructed and on his own - it be legal.

If, as a ghost, you are unable (without outside help) to get to a town or your house so you can rez and restock, then it should be illegal.