UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

whats a fun faction template?

GrayCloud

Wanderer
whats a fun faction template?

i'm getting interested in pvp and factions and was wondering what a good mage template is. so far i have

mager
eval
med
resist
wrestle

that leaves 2 open slots. what should i take up? crafting skills? heal and anat? inscribe and poison?

also any guild want to teach me the ropes? probably not but its worth a shot.

C

Cricket

For factions, I'd say heal/scribe is the best combo.

The additional circles of reflect are a huge advantage, and being able to move and heal makes you much more of a threat.

The only problem is that you don't have any offense-enhancing skills...

But in Minax, you're usually on the defending side anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

:D

~C

Obe[IC]

Wanderer
GrayCloud said:
i'm getting interested in pvp and factions and was wondering what a good mage template is. so far i have

mager
eval
med
resist
wrestle

that leaves 2 open slots. what should i take up? crafting skills? heal and anat? inscribe and poison?

also any guild want to teach me the ropes? probably not but its worth a shot.

I would honestly have to say this.

You want skills that will support not only a "solo dynamo" skill set, but you also want skills that will support the faction as a whole. Whether it be defensive, offensive, "trammy" or sigil based. Find the niches in the faction you're trying to join and make a character to buff that gap in the hole.

Personally, I like these skill sets.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tamer/Trammy -
Magery, Evaluating Intelligence, Meditation, Animal Taming, Animal Lore, Vet
Optional Skills: Resisting Spells, Wrestle
Primary Job type(s):
Ressurection of friendly factioner pets.
Silver accumulation from Opposing faction monsters.
Weakness:
Evaluating Intelligence alone will only give a 60 defensive wrestle. Dexxers are a pain.
No Resist will make you an easy kill against caster based monsters and players.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Tamer -
Magery, Eval Int, Meditation, Wrestling, Animal Tame, Animal Lore, Vet
Primary Job type(s):
Massive offensive with groups. Dismounting opposing factioners and putting them into stat.
Weakness:
No Veterinary will disallow self-ressurection of pets, also luring pets away can make a PvP based tamer without a mount and -2GM until res/followerClearing occurs.
Crafter+Support
Tinkering, Blacksmithy, Tailoring, Detect Hidden, Remove Trap, Magery(50), Hiding(50), Stealing.

Primary Job type(s):
Creation of Faction based weapons, armor. Ability to create and remove traps.
Weakness: No resist and no defensive ability makes you fully reliant on no opposing factioners being around, or requiring a high support group to allow your job to carry through.
Core Damage
Magery, Eval Int, Resisting Spells, Meditation, Wrestle, Poisoning, Alchemy

Primary Job type(s):
Defensive and Offensive sigil pushing on faction bases
Weakness:
Alchemy is quite cost inefficiant and GE Pots are quite often difficult to combo/hit with. Requires a lot of training and timing adjustment. Highly based on your latency.
Field Mage
Magery, Eval Int, Resisting Spells, Meditation, Wrestle, Anatomy, Healing

Primary Job type(s):
Stunning opposing factioners
XHealing friendly factioners (group) both by magery and bandages

Weakness:
Group v Group battles you will generally be the first to be targetted. Healers are a bitch to deal with when you have roughly 100 Mana to give in heals (40-52) and 4 second bandage timers (compared to 12 second self aids).

I could keep going but, yeah.

GrayCloud

Wanderer
thanks obe! silver accumulation, never thought of that.

if you dont mind i would like you to keep going. i also have an axer assassin that is not getting much use. i could tweak the skills a bit and have another faction char.

please, continue.

C

Cricket

Never use alchemy and purple pots...:mad:

They are the devil reincarnate.

~C

Who

Wanderer
I use this templete mainly because i solo but it can also prove well in group situations:
Magery/Med/Eval/Inscibe/Wrestle/Hide/Magic Resist

Inscription is especially good in soloing while often not as useful in groups, it can prove to be very good if your the main target in group situations. Magic resist is a must on almost all of my templetes. Resisting poison in a fight can mean the difference between life and death. Hiding is usually just used on solo templetes. If your planning on going into a ganking guild or an active group guild, then chances are you wont want hiding. Wrestling is nice, but its not very effective unless your going up against a dexxer or dueling.

Hope this helps, have any more questions just ask.

C

Cricket

Swords, tact, anat, heal, resist, tinkering, alchemy.

That way you can make bolas on the run and throw pots irl.

~C