UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What is UOG's Stance on Power Scrolls

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcaud

Wanderer
What is UOG's Stance on Power Scrolls

Personally I feel PS's add a lot of flavor to talent builds.
However, I'd like to know how UOG feels about the subject.
If anyone knows any posts I could look at, or just knows why PS's haven't been added for non-craftsman skills, I'd like to know why.
Thanks in advance.

wkstrm

Lord
Re: What is UOG's Stance on Power Scrolls

Powerscrolls are a big NO! It's a big step towards VERY unbalanced PVP.

However, on the craftingside we have powerscrolls for tailoring and blacksmithing.
+5, +10, +15 and +20.

VACTERL

Sorceror

What can a 120 smith do that a 100 cannot? Just higher success - or other stuff?

alcaud

Wanderer

I'm not very familiar witht he particulars and I admit it has been a while since I played, but it never seemed to unbalance PVP imo.
Would you care to explain a little more in depth what you mean by it unbalancing pvp?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008

VACTERL;1872775 said:
What can a 120 smith do that a 100 cannot? Just higher success - or other stuff?

This.

When you fill out high end bods, you will definately want the best success rate you can get out of it.

ploki

Knight

also runic for runic hammers

you want the best success chance to make an exceptional item

wkstrm

Lord

alcaud;1872776 said:
I'm not very familiar witht he particulars and I admit it has been a while since I played, but it never seemed to unbalance PVP imo.
Would you care to explain a little more in depth what you mean by it unbalancing pvp?

Player economy. A poor plaer will not be able to buy the powerscrolls needed to build a template he/she can compete with the rich ones.

For example, 100 resist vs 120 resist is quite a difference.

alcaud

Wanderer

Maybe they could be reworked to 2.5, 5... etc.
I was always under the impression that the skill cap evened things out.
A person may be legendary in every skill but they may only have 6 skills, competing against someone with 7 skills.
Also it might be nice to toy with the idea of adding powerscrolls that do not affect pvp at all, granted there are very few of these.

I'm really just trying to come up with ideas to make a well thought out post in the suggestions forum. It might seem like I'm unwilling to accept your opinions on the matter, but I'm really trying to gather as much information/ideas as I can. It would be nice to have another way to get trammies out of cities and secret hunting grounds, out into the real world where they would have to deal with PKs. Though I imagine champs would end up being monopolized by the more organized guilds.

I just like the idea of pvping for something other than just making a name for yourself. I would also think that reds would agree that pking just isn't worth it at the moment, unless you farm dungeons, fighting people with no pvp skills for an easy kill, and I honestly can't see the fun in that (I don't have a red myself, for this reason).

Also, I'm completely unfamiliar with champ spawns on this server. Could someone explain to me what the rewards for champs are currently?

alcaud

Wanderer

I just don't see fear of being trammieized as being a legitimate reason to not add PS's. I think it would be possible to rework them to where they wouldn't unbalance things, I'd just like to know more about champ spawns really. It wouldn't even have to be PS's, just something worth going to champ's for.
(there might be already, I really haven't done one since I've came back, and last time I played they didn't have champs as far as I remember)

I would just like to see PvM and PvP integrated some how.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

Could you imagine a 6x120 alchy macer with a valorite war hammer?

Explosion pots doing FS dmg and crushing blows for over 115hp..

fonis

Knight

alcaud;1872835 said:
I just don't see fear of being trammieized as being a legitimate reason to not add PS's. I think it would be possible to rework them to where they wouldn't unbalance things, I'd just like to know more about champ spawns really. It wouldn't even have to be PS's, just something worth going to champ's for.
(there might be already, I really haven't done one since I've came back, and last time I played they didn't have champs as far as I remember)

I would just like to see PvM and PvP integrated some how.

go make a pvp char with 8.4 skills at 83.33 each. let me know how that guy does vs 7x GM pvp'ers.

Kitchen_

Sorceror

drakrum-hybrid;1872838 said:
Could you imagine a 6x120 alchy macer with a valorite war hammer?

Explosion pots doing FS dmg and crushing blows for over 115hp..

Imagine how long it would take to obtain the power scrolls, and then actually train.

KoNNaN

Knight

VACTERL;1872775 said:

I read that you also get a better chance of getting high end bods.

fonis

Knight

Kitchen_;1872846 said:
Imagine how long it would take to obtain the power scrolls, and then actually train.

doesn't matter. it's a question of money to buy them with and then resources to train them with, both of which vets have a glut of.

MadeInQuebec

Kitchen_;1872846 said:

Don't worry, it would happen way faster than you can imagine. People would do champspawn like never before, and before long powerscrolls will be flowing around.

The bourgeoisie will quickly purchase all the major ones with lots of greasy millions, they will delete an alt and within one week of intesive macroing, you would see the new war machine showing up.

A few weeks later in the pvp discussion forum...

"WTF this is just dumb"

I've been playing hybrid for 2 month's and bla bla bla bla bla get in fight with a guy bla bla bla he one hit me with a war hammer bla bla bla and later bla bla bla... powerscrolls are way overpowered and need to be removed bla bla bla 120 magery for 10 mil's wtf ?!? bla bla bla.

Are you sure you want that?

wkstrm

Lord

alcaud;1872831 said:
Maybe they could be reworked to 2.5, 5... etc.
I was always under the impression that the skill cap evened things out.
A person may be legendary in every skill but they may only have 6 skills, competing against someone with 7 skills.
Also it might be nice to toy with the idea of adding powerscrolls that do not affect pvp at all, granted there are very few of these.

I'm really just trying to come up with ideas to make a well thought out post in the suggestions forum. It might seem like I'm unwilling to accept your opinions on the matter, but I'm really trying to gather as much information/ideas as I can. It would be nice to have another way to get trammies out of cities and secret hunting grounds, out into the real world where they would have to deal with PKs. Though I imagine champs would end up being monopolized by the more organized guilds.

I just like the idea of pvping for something other than just making a name for yourself. I would also think that reds would agree that pking just isn't worth it at the moment, unless you farm dungeons, fighting people with no pvp skills for an easy kill, and I honestly can't see the fun in that (I don't have a red myself, for this reason).

Also, I'm completely unfamiliar with champ spawns on this server. Could someone explain to me what the rewards for champs are currently?

Aha, I see. Oh well, good luck with the ideagathering.

The champspawns drops about 400k gold I think along with magic loot (weapon/armour/wands). They also drops champskulls. When you have all champskulls you can summon the harrower and the harrower drops a random piece of a very rare armour (nightmare). So far I only know of 1 group of players that beaten the harrower and got the armour.

MadeInQuebec

wkstrm;1872862 said:
When you have all champskulls you can summon the harrower and the harrower drops a random piece of a very rare armour (nightmare).

Don't talk too fast.

It's true they found one piece of nightmare armor, but who knows if that's the only one. Their might be other types available too.

Status
Not open for further replies.