UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What does your name mean?

The Instigator

Sorceror
What does your name mean?

How did you come up with it? Instigator was my very first character in 1998, my friend explained what a bard was, and I was so stoked to get provocation I thought up the name while waiting for my UO CD to arrive in the mail =]

hugoboss

Sorceror
Re: What does your name mean?

some of my UO characters: The RAGE, Crystal Meth, trembling hands were names of some of my characters when i first played UO on OSI Europa, during T2A.. crystal always being a female archer, the RAGE always a mage.. trembling hands was the crafter and that was the name on GM crafted items hehe

the RAGE was a nick i had used during my first foray in online gaming: mechcommander.. and those familiar w the genre and themes will know where that came from!

MegaManX24

Wanderer

tonycakes, tonytamers are my mains. Tony is my name. I love cake. Tony is my name. Im a tamer.

The Instigator

Sorceror

hell yeah hugo, I started out on mech games. First online game I played was Multiplayed BatteTech: Solaris, until they were bought out by EA, and gave me free months of UO. Played MW3 and 4 for a long time too.

hugoboss

Sorceror

hehe i had the BattleTech board game from the early 90s!

i was in the Mechcommander online ladder around the same time UO was around.. odd tho, while i was a fan of the Ultima series, i didn't get to know of UO till later!

ever tried one of those full-sized MW pod simulators? i had spent quite a bit of time doing the leagues in those! hehehe

I'm relatively bored, and somehow awake, so here goes for ALL my characters:

Celes - The greatest Final Fantasy character ever. I imagine if she was made into a 3D character, she'd be smoking hot too.

Eby - My last name. I figured "Crafted by Eby" was pretty cool.

Kenneth Kaniff - A Vampire, with a bit of a past. I wanted a name that would fit the characteristics of a Vampire. Disgusting creature with no real regard for anything. Kenneth Kaniff from some of the old Eminem songs fit the bill.

Jitterbug - Taken from the title of my favourite book "Jitterbug Perfume."

Mrs. Eby - Female Character, and I wasn't feeling very clever when I was naming my tamer.

Paragon Dancer - Back when the old 3D client was still enabled, I used to use the "Dance" emoticon thing on the Balron spawn in blood dungeon to make paragon's spawn. It worked one day, and spawned 3 balron paragons in a row. Thus, paragon dancer, was born.

Tifa - Another one of my favourite FF characters.

a paragon bot - I had kinda adopted the "paragon" theme for many of my characters. So this one was a pretty easy choice. Actually chosen by my old roommate, and also occupant of Demise.

a paragon pvp - Sorta along the same lines as adopting the "paragon" theme. A pretty nasty pvp dueling character, dyed paragon gold.

Beethoven - Most famous musical name I could think of when naming my first bard mage.

a fierce invalid - Don't mistake "invalid" for "in-valid." An "Invalid" is basically a disabled person. Someone who can't walk, or in a wheet chair, sorta deal. In other words, a gimp. And when making this retardedly gimp character, I looked over my shoulder at my stack of books, and saw the title "Fierce Invalid's Home from Hot Climates." It was a perfect choice.

Lindsay Lohan - Created during my crush period of pop sensation Lindsay Lohan.

Eby Jr. - A crafter, but not as many skills as the original. Thus, Jr.

Bernard Wrangle - The name "Bernard Wrangle" is actually a character out of another one of my favourite books "Still Life with Woodpecker." A tale of a modern age princess, who's families fortune is actually lost, so she's just an average teenager, with royal blood, and roots, who falls in love with a self proclaimed "American Outlaw" and mad-bomber, Bernard Wrangle. If you noticed his hiryu's name "MadBomber."

a capella - It's not actually "A" "Capella" for those of you who don't speak English as well as some of us. The words actually flow together. A capella, a single person, or group of people singing in unison, and making the music up without any instruments, basically. A weird pvp bard mage, who plays beautiful music.

Priscilla Moon - Another book character. (Starting to notice a pattern?) Priscilla was a character in Jitterbug perfume. The Moon, the real moon, was a main subject of discussion in that book on many occassion. Put them together to form this character. Whom I mainly just use for champ protection, and ressurrectiong characters.

Keira Kaniff - The blue version of Kenneth Kaniff. I just needed another name that started with a "K"

Beatrix Moon - Beatrix has always been one of my favourite IRL names. I created her for solo champ spawning, and Priscilla was going to be her protector during those spawns. Might as well make them sisters.

Jane - No reason. I was told to call this character Jane.

Leigh Cheri - The princess of the previously mentioned "Bernard Wrangle."

MegaManX24

Wanderer

oh yeah my other cahracters are

BOD ONE
BOD TWO
BOD THREE
BOD FOUR

i dont know why but they all have gm tailoring>?

I wasn't the original Eskeshehir, The name belonged to a guy named Len from Indiana, he created the Kingdom of Loathing (My first guild on freeshards) a large Vampire RP Guild consisting of 100+ players on Valhalla's Gate. They were locked in combat with the Lycan's (another RP Guild) and Van Hellsing (The most stacked archer i have ever seen on UO Ever. One hit kills with a repeating crossbow....)

He gave me the Name Seyulshehir, and vanished off the face of the earth for quite awhile after the shard went down. I heard later on that he started his own shard, played there for awhile, Met one of my best friends of the last 6 years, and was passed down the Eskeshehir name. Came to demise and here i am now.

P.S. No TL;DR's

hugoboss

Sorceror

fook me the early software was all buggy! couldn't melee, dodgy wire-frame graphics.. i did try the 2nd gen unit once, but strangely, it didn't quite have the same atmosphere..

there was an operator w a network of 16 pods in our area. lots of fun. when all 16 were running, the servers were severely taxed.. i remember if you were to alpha strike using something w a lot of firepower-intensive graphics (eg Mad Dog or Timberwolf and those massive LRM racks), there was always a slight pause in the graphics just as you unloaded everything LOL

Erm

Fireblade - My new bike :)

Back in the OSI days i had just watched Pulp Fiction and Made Vincent Vega and Jules Valentine.
Tea Leaf - my theif
Cocknose - just a funny word i like calling people!
Stick Fingers - Was going to be a thief... then it all changed :)
IMAKEPANTS - Crafter
Bum Love - erm.... in a non gay way!

Thats about it!

Locarno is a nice place in switzerland. Never been there but the word itself sounds very well, is easy to remember, not themed and somewhat unique in the online world.

Facko

Sorceror

ParagonDancer;526908 said:
Jane - No reason. I was told to call this character Jane.

I named mine after the street samurai chick from nueromancer then we used it later because it was a plain name.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Well, the first of my names was Lady Crimson (my CNS/SRC name). When I was made staff, it seemed to go so quickly and Ferris said "pick a name" and I only had like a minute to do it in... so I thought "oo maybe I'll be GM one day" so I thought red = crimson YAY. I also had made the char with red hair.....

Then Ferris made my char bald and informed me they didn't have red robes on Demise.

oops.

RavynousHunter

Sorceror

RavynousHunter: From my old NoX days; refers to the movie "Ravenous," and the game "Hunter: The Reckoning."

Tyrant: The name of my very first UO character (back before the Renaissance days); I was asked, rather politely, to change it due to possible confusion between me and an acting GM.

Siranush: The healer from Gorlab in Serpent's Isle that's stuck in the Dream Realm.

Hanzo: Referring to Hattori Hanzo; primarily his Samurai Warriors incarnation.

Suiseiseki: Desu.

Mortegro: Another Serpent's Isle reference; the Necromage from Moonshade.

Mhenlo: Monk protagonist from Guild Wars.

Note that 'RavynousHunter' isn't one of my characters on this shard, but is a common name when I test RunUO scripts on my own shard; and is my most common moniker.

SirSotam

Sorceror

COME IN , hehe thats my mage name i gess that was just costumers atraction, then i have my tamer ME lol dont really know why , Then i have SirSazon, because brazilians call me hot as sazon ... i dont really know what it is... and then SirSoTaM , if you read from other side its MATOS , what my real life buddies call me in da gueto lol