UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What are your hobbies when not playing UO?

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
I work.

I play UO mostly on the forums, and mostly from work.

Then I try my best to raise three kids as a single parent.

Since their mother is psychotic and goes in and out of the psy ward, I kinda have to do it all myself.

Beside that, I like to get drunk, beer, wine, liquor, doesn't matter.

I like to go to bed at 8h30 PM on a friday night, since it's the only time I can get a lot of sleep without being disturbed.

That sums up my life pretty well I'd say.

crikey

Sorceror
I work a lot, I mean A LOT, but in my spare time, I enjoy blacksmithing, glass blowing, and drinking scotch.
Blacksmithing is an intesting subject I would like to learn. Its a dying art

Im a big knife/sword collecting snob. It got to the point of obsession for awhile lol...

Anyways, ive made my own knives: fixed blades and throwing knives(throwing knives another hobby of mine), and one sword, using my machinist skills and some stuff an old timer(and the net) taught me about steel quenching, heat treating, grinding and brazing. I suppose that counts as blacksmithing a little?
I have alot of books on the subject. Something I would like to learn more about. There is so much to learn and master
My knives always came out really nice. Far better then anything you could buy at the store.
VERY time consuming. The last thing I made was a set of 3 throwing knives. Took me countless hours of grinding and polishing and sanding etc, and they came out. Really nice. Mirror surface. Too nice tbh: dont want to beat them up by throwing lol....

My first knife I made from an old metal file. Was a bonfire party out on a local wooded island one night, I brought along a half dozen files and tossed them in the coals to roast all night to anneal (soften them for metal working).
The next morning a paddled to shore with a brain-splitting headache, the files, and some random noname slut I bedded in my tent in drunken stuupor
That knife was basically a ripoff of the british commando knife. It came out pretty damn good for first try.
After After all the hours of work, I was a little terrified when It was time to heat treat. When I plunged it into the oil I just prayed for it not to crack on me. Thankfully it worked.
Did a practice rrun first just to get a feel for it.
At the time I was working night shift at a machine shop. Very handy and time saving having all that stuff to use.
Some nights I operated a water jet to make parts: uses high pressure water and sand to cut steel. I always wanted to try using it to cut a blank of a 1918 us trench knife style, all one single piece of steel. Never got the chance, and never learned how to program/set the thing up.
I thought about trying to make one using the wire EDM(cuts ANYTHING using a spool of brass wire and electric current) I ran, but it wouldve taken way too long to set up and cut. I dont think the boss would dig me using his 500 thousand dollar machine to build melee weapins XD. He saw a pile of throwing stars I had made in my toolbox (that the cocksucker went in without permission looking for a special cutting tool), and went a little crazy on me lol.....lucky he didnt fire my a$s

Anyways, fun stuff. I'll toss up some pics of my creations next week.

^ maybe all this has some influence on the fact I play UO using mostly dexxers lol. Stabbing weapons are COOL

Dexxer on hybrid & real life

White Lotus

Sorceror
-drink/smoke
-writing (fiction & non fiction)
-kung fu (& mma/anything that lets me fight people)
-music(make beats using fl studios/rap/also epic tracks for movie trailers)
-coding(cs, html, css, and a little of the other languages)(WARS INCOMING)
-school for computer programming
-also alot of anime/well made shows/and league of legends

I drink a little, but not big on getting drunk. Just a hard buzz.

Me and the wife go to the gun range, a lot. And by gun range, I mean my buddies house.

We shoot everything from flintlocks to .50bmg.

We also have a furnace and forge set up, but have been looking for a peter-wright anvil for a while. I found one, but it's only like 77 lbs or so, I can''t recall the exact digits on it, and then the digits are in an old weight system that I don't know. Looking for 150+.

Besides that, I really don't have alot of off time these days. And the time i do have off I'm not in my home state. So it's mainly weekends for me.

shindig

Sorceror
Just logged into hybrid for the first time in a couple years. Man I miss UO. I work as a game dev in Seattle now, get paid to smoke bud(legally) and build cool stuff. Most of my spare time I spend tinkering with stuff in a game engine, prototyping and chipping away at projects. I've had a dev kit from Valve for their VR headset since last July, and some other things to mess with that keep me occupied.

Crazy looking back on it all, I used to write crude bots for this game (idoc timers, ahk sign clicker, pot kicker) and darkfall and then one day found a game engine I could use and got addicted to learning it the same as playing UO and then eventually knew it well enough to make $50/hr + overtime while smoking pot, at a software company.

This is a sample I mocked up using valves vr kit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h_KxaUDyrk

And this is another technology I use pretty often called augmented reality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Ts70hue84

All self taught just being curious. I was a hobbyist for years, never thought I was capable of a career doing this, I used to finish drywall for a living and worked construction the first half of my 20's. Never graduated college.

Last edited:

RaRae

Page
-drink/smoke
-writing (fiction & non fiction)
-kung fu (& mma/anything that lets me fight people)
-music(make beats using fl studios/rap/also epic tracks for movie trailers)
-coding(cs, html, css, and a little of the other languages)(WARS INCOMING)
-school for computer programming
-also alot of anime/well made shows/and league of legends

whats your lol ign

Telemachus

Sorceror
Lawyer, between being yelled at by my lady and some punk kids on xbox I play uo and raise my two dogs, great Dane and a cane corso, yep...little bit of a drinking problem but that just fits in with my ingin savage heritage lol