UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Warrior Set-Up

.nem0

Page
Re: Warrior Set-Up

Corrado said:
Yeah, I use the magery for utility, not damage. Although I have finished people off with a quick ebolt or something on occasion. I decided on my stats after trying 90/90/45 for a long time. I like the extra damage and health from 100str, and have done well with only 75 dex. I don't use str/dex pots often, haven't found a need.

you will notice a nice difference if you chug a str/agil :).

Corrado

Sorceror

Oh I know it does make a difference, just don't need 'em usually. If I loot them off someone, I'll use them.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

Magery is not need i take out mages alot
simple
Alchy
Fencing
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
resisting spells
hiding

an carry around like 15 pouchs

they para u just pop a bag and rush them

when you land a para blow just throw an explode pot at the person

and then charge up another becuase there about to run then throw it again

chase them down till there stamina is low and they need to cast something to get out of the situation

then you get close enough to hit again and then another hit or 2 and they die!!

(sorry for the bad grammar)

Corrado

Sorceror

Why have alchemy on a dexer and not on a mule? Is there something different with it on this server? I notice a lot of templates have it...

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

Corrado said:
Why have alchemy on a dexer and not on a mule? Is there something different with it on this server? I notice a lot of templates have it...

better cures more dammage with explode pots and better heals

Corrado

Sorceror

ToRnhatesyou said:
better cures more dammage with explode pots and better heals

So the potions themselves are increased just because you have alchemy on the character?

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

yeah by like 30% or so

ex. Greater Heal 0 Alchemy between 10-20 ?
Greater Heal 100 Alcemy between 21-30

if wrong correct me not to sure!

Alchemy does nothing but increase explosion pot damage by 1% every 10 skill points. So GM Alchemy adds 10% more damage. It does nothing else.

wkstrm

Lord

oh. well, the explo-pots are a nice addition anyway.
combined with weapon/spelldamage it can be fatal. =P

Is it me or do pots on a dexxer sound silly? You don't want to have to keep running away from the victim just to throw a pot. Take something else like inscription, people aren't going to expect a dexxer to have 15 circles of reflect. And the difference between Swords, Fencing and Macing is really personal preference. I prefer Swords for the concusion blows and big hits.

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

im pretty sure it give plus to the g heals too!

w/e i might be wrong

but with gm alchemy i cure all poisons 1 pot
and my G heal pots heal me more

also

its 30% more dmg for explodes not 10%
im 90% positive on this

Corrado

Sorceror

Greater Cure potions should cure all poisons in one shot. Except level 5 poison (poison ele, trapped box), that may take a few.

If it's really only more damage on purple potions, then it's not at all worth it. It's only marginally worth it for increased heals and purple damage in my opinion. There are better ways to spend 100 points.

Saikron

Wanderer

Bashing Bash UK said:
Is it me or do pots on a dexxer sound silly? You don't want to have to keep running away from the victim just to throw a pot. Take something else like inscription, people aren't going to expect a dexxer to have 15 circles of reflect. And the difference between Swords, Fencing and Macing is really personal preference. I prefer Swords for the concusion blows and big hits.
Explo pots on dexxers rule, because dexxers need to be able to interrupt gheals without unequipping to cast spells (hence the explosion potion). Also, somebody with low armor vs a dexxer, no TRs vs a macer, no cure pots vs a poisoner, or a mage vs concussion blow will just run forever instead of stand there and be an easy kill. The best way to kill somebody that runs indefinately is the explo potion. Keep pegging them as they run and when they stop to gheal, cross your fingers that your axe does the rest of the damage needed.

However, that template is the most expensive I can think of besides a bola/alchy mage that spams lightning wands, and it's also hardest to use of any dexxer. Assuming this guy wants to guard hug/town fight and gank (most likely) I would recommend inscription instead for the reflect.

PS
Corrado said:
Greater Cure potions should cure all poisons in one shot. Except level 5 poison (poison ele, trapped box), that may take a few.

If it's really only more damage on purple potions, then it's not at all worth it. It's only marginally worth it for increased heals and purple damage in my opinion. There are better ways to spend 100 points.
Trust me on this one when I say the ONLY way you are going to kill a smart person with a dexxer is with alchemy. With those 100 points anywhere else all you are going to do is cause them to run when they a)see you cast another 15 circle reflect after they just finished breaking your first b)see you do a 70 damage lumberjack hit c)see you have med and are going to chug/gheal through every dump. A smart person will just run after seeing any of those things, and a dumb person... well... you can kill those with any template, so why not use the best one on them too?

I stand corrected, lol.

ToRnhatesyou said:
im pretty sure it give plus to the g heals too!

w/e i might be wrong

but with gm alchemy i cure all poisons 1 pot
and my G heal pots heal me more

also

its 30% more dmg for explodes not 10%
im 90% positive on this

Nah, it's what I said, unless they've changed it very recently which I don't think they have.

http://www.uogamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70824&highlight=alchemy

ToRnhatesyou

Wanderer

dude for every 10 lvls you do 1 more dmg for the explode that comes out (when gm'd) to be 50% more dmg lol

Oh yeah, my bad... I was getting the percentages confused. ;p

Oh well, at least I was right about it not effecting heal or cure potions though and I gave a good link. :)