UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Warrior Set-Up

DirkDiggler

Wanderer
Warrior Set-Up

Any advice on a good warrior set up to defeat these PK mages? It seems as though they have an unfair advantage with their paralyze.

wkstrm

Lord
Re: Warrior Set-Up

well..

RESIST, then something like this:
anatomy
swordmanship
tactics
lumberjacking
healing
magery (to cast magic reflect)

some people would maybe say alchemy instead of LJ maybe. or something else. hmm.
and use lots of trapped pouches.

another template could look like this:

resist
mace
tactics
anatomy
healing
magery
alchemy

Maybe. someone else got an idea?

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

DirkDiggler said:
It seems as though they have an unfair advantage with their paralyze.
Trapped pouches and lesser poison potions. You can make a character with 50 alchem/50 poison and make your own lesser poison kegs. Plus, then you can poison katanas. The lower level poisons are easier to cure, but they tick faster causing more interupts.

Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist
Healing
Magery
They will nearly kill themselves before they realize you have inscription. They may even be nice enough to paralyze themselves for you. lol

carry trapped pouches for the paralyze. fencers tear mages apart because they usually dont wear more than 15 ar:

fencing
tactics
anatomy
resist
magery
healing
inscribe

this, to me, is THE antimage template, but is fairly ineffective against other dexxers since they wear >20 ar typically. fencing won't do shit against them.

Ghost Knight said:
Trapped pouches and lesser poison potions. You can make a character with 50 alchem/50 poison and make your own lesser poison kegs. Plus, then you can poison katanas. The lower level poisons are easier to cure, but they tick faster causing more interupts.

are you sure about this? i heard that the ticker is the same for all poison.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

Doctor Jones said:
are you sure about this? i heard that the ticker is the same for all poison.
I know it did on osi and I've seen it posted that it does it here. I'm not at home to verify it right now though.

Another reason I would suggest swords is for concussion blow. It lowers their intelligence by half. If they don't have mana, they can't do para dumps on you.

DirkDiggler

Wanderer

Well i guess my last question is why inscription plays a role in a warrior? And also the effects of alchemy and poisoning, can poisoning be done to any of the melee weapons? Because i want a swordsman and think it would be killer to poison the blade of my Halberd of Double Axe.

wkstrm

Lord

think you can only poison "bladed" weapons like swords and spears (??).

inscription + magery = magic reflect (meaning, they cast para at you and it bounces back to the caster. meaning: you won't get hit by their para.

to counter their paralize just carry lots of trapped pouches and if you run out of them you do it like this:
you see the mage casting paralize, you cast magic arrow quickly, after he targets you and paralizes you cast your arrow on yourself, got it?

wkstrm

Lord

GM alchemy makes potions "stronger". gives them more effect. think explotion pots adds like 30% more damage.

.nem0

Page

hi, i very much enjoy using this template:

anat
tact
fencing
healing
resist
alchemy
magery

GM inscription makes it so 15 circles can be reflected using Magic Reflection instead of the usual 8. GM alchemy adds 10% damage to explosion pots. I would:

100 Str, 100 Dex, 25 Int
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Resist
Healing
Magery
Carry either a lesser or deadly poisoned katana, a vanq axe or hally, a few trapped pouches, a few pots and a few regs. Good to go. :)

wkstrm

Lord

once you dbl click the pouchhes the trap goes of damaging you.
when someone paralyzes you there is two ways of shaking the para off.
first is taking damage. the second one is waiting for the para to wear off.
the trapped pouch just damage you a litlle bit so it's not dangerous.

Corrado

Sorceror

euphorbia said:
think you can only poison "bladed" weapons like swords and spears (??).

inscription + magery = magic reflect (meaning, they cast para at you and it bounces back to the caster. meaning: you won't get hit by their para.
I just had to correct this and add some of my own advice.

You can poison one handed, bladed weapons. Here is a list:

Swords

Katana
Broadsword
Longsword
Scimitar
Cutlass
Viking Sword

Fencing

Kryss
Warfork

I believe that is all, although I may have missed one of the less common ones. No maces can be poisoned, even War Axes.

As far a Inscription, on this server it increases the effect of your Magic Reflect and Reactive Armor spells. It does not make you endlessly reflect paralize. It just increases the 'circles' they need to cast on you before it disolves your reflect spell from 8 to 15. Each spell in your spellbook has a circle, or level. With 0 inscription you have 8 'circles' of reflect, meaning you could reflect say, and Energy Bolt (6th Circle) and Harm (2nd Circle) before your spell disolved. With GM Inscription, it takes 15 'circles' worth of spells to disolve your spell.

As far as templates, I use the following:

Anatomy
Healing
Magic Resist
Magery
Weapon Skill (fencing at the moment)
Tactics
Meditation

My stats are:

100 STR
75 DEX
50 INT

Against mages, I do well, or will when this character is done. Have used the same template for years. You can outheal most everything they do between bandages, potions, and magic. Use magery for interrupts and para if you need it. The stats throw some people off, but you'll find that most of the time mages are running around trying to cast, so 100 dex isn't needed. I hit plenty fast with a Kryss or Katana (if swords) to disrupt, and 75 dex refreshes my swing timer quick enough when hitting with a slower two handed weapon and chasing them around. You will only really get a hit in when they stop to try and cast anyways.

It's a bit less effective vs other warriors, however you can still heal some with magery, and keep them poisoned. You just need to be very carefull when you try to cast that they don't hit you. You have 0 wrestling so they won't miss you if you try to cast near them.

Once someone gets the hang of playing a "Med-Warrior", they usually do really well. If you have any more questions, let me know.

.nem0

Page

Corrado said:
I just had to correct this and add some of my own advice.

You can poison one handed, bladed weapons. Here is a list:

Swords

Katana
Broadsword
Longsword
Scimitar
Cutlass

Fencing

Kryss
Warfork

I believe that is all, although I may have missed one of the less common ones. No maces can be poisoned, even War Axes.

As far a Inscription, on this server it increases the effect of your Magic Reflect and Reactive Armor spells. It does not make you endlessly reflect paralize. It just increases the 'circles' they need to cast on you before it disolves your reflect spell from 8 to 15. Each spell in your spellbook has a circle, or level. With 0 inscription you have 8 'circles' of reflect, meaning you could reflect say, and Energy Bolt (6th Circle) and Harm (2nd Circle) before your spell disolved. With GM Inscription, it takes 15 'circles' worth of spells to disolve your spell.

As far as templates, I use the following:

Anatomy
Healing
Magic Resist
Magery
Weapon Skill (fencing at the moment)
Tactics
Meditation

My stats are:

100 STR
75 DEX
50 INT

Against mages, I do well, or will when this character is done. Have used the same template for years. You can outheal most everything they do between bandages, potions, and magic. Use magery for interrupts and para if you need it. The stats throw some people off, but you'll find that most of the time mages are running around trying to cast, so 100 dex isn't needed. I hit plenty fast with a Kryss or Katana (if swords) to disrupt, and 75 dex refreshes my swing timer quick enough when hitting with a slower two handed weapon and chasing them around. You will only really get a hit in when they stop to try and cast anyways.

It's a bit less effective vs other warriors, however you can still heal some with magery, and keep them poisoned. You just need to be very carefull when you try to cast that they don't hit you. You have 0 wrestling so they won't miss you if you try to cast near them.

Once someone gets the hang of playing a "Med-Warrior", they usually do really well. If you have any more questions, let me know.

for stats you can really go 90/80/55 if you want. a greater agil pot will give you the 100 dex that determines swing speed. btw since that template lacks eval, your spells wont do as much dmg. it all depends if youre trying to be more of a dex or mage.

Ghost Knight

Sorceror

.nem0 said:
btw since that template lacks eval, your spells wont do as much dmg. it all depends if youre trying to be more of a dex or mage.
I went with 80 magery on my peace dexxer, so I would never fail a 5th circle spell (magic reflect). I put the other 20 pts in med to get my big 25 mana back faster, if I'm recalling around alot. :)

Corrado

Sorceror

Yeah, I use the magery for utility, not damage. Although I have finished people off with a quick ebolt or something on occasion. I decided on my stats after trying 90/90/45 for a long time. I like the extra damage and health from 100str, and have done well with only 75 dex. I don't use str/dex pots often, haven't found a need.