UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Vendors are a RIP OFF

Zilverz

Wanderer
Vendors are a RIP OFF

I just put a vendor in my house. 700 for the contract. Then after placing 9 kegs (3 each GH GC TR @ standard pricing) and about 20 instruments.

I dropped 5000 gold on the vendors head and that will only last him 2 REAL days ??!?!?!?!?! WTF ?!?!?!?! so the vendor wants 17.5k for a week and may not even sell shittttttttt ... that is utterly rediculous.

Vendor compensation should be based on a commission of the sale. I know this will never change... but it is how it should be done.

Can anyone tell me what happens to the vendor contents when his contract expires? Cause I am not giving that high priced bitch another dime

Virus-hybrid

Wanderer
I learned the hard way.The Vendor will die and someone will come along and loot the your shit off his corpse.I set mine up on a Friday Said he was good for 3 days came home on Sunday and my vendor was gone with all my shit.I complained on the forum and Zippy said He wished I would die IRL.So I dont think anyone cares about the vendors.Just play the game.

Gremio

Sorceror
hahahaha, the vendor just falls over dead? That's halarious.
"ugg...can't go on...need...17.5k"

--Gremio

Irina

Wanderer
They aren't a rip off if you have a good location and good prices. I can't keep my gy vendors stocked and my RuneHeaven vendor brings in tons of money every day. I only pay them 5k every week or so and they don't die.

Zilverz

Wanderer
Irina said:
They aren't a rip off if you have a good location and good prices. I can't keep my gy vendors stocked and my RuneHeaven vendor brings in tons of money every day. I only pay them 5k every week or so and they don't die.

Irina, the vendors are BULLSHIT!!! my vendor wants 17.5k to just hold 87K worth of merchandise for a week.

that is 20% of the sales price even if he doesnt sell shit. I dont have to have a marketing degree to know that is a RIP OFF

Irina

Wanderer
My bod vendor at rune heaven is payed 4k right now and is good for 67 days. It depends what you sell. If you sell out fast really soon, it won't matter.

Zilverz

Wanderer
Irina said:
My bod vendor at rune heaven is payed 4k right now and is good for 67 days. It depends what you sell. If you sell out fast really soon, it won't matter.

67 uo days

well im not willing to invest 20% a week into that jackass for doing nothing and try to generate high traffic by myself. If that guy was scrolling intown and giving people runes then i would hook him up.

Irina

Wanderer
Okay, then just don't bitch.

Say the vendors name then dismiss. Like if the vendors name was 'vendor' it'd be 'vendor dismiss'

zarag

Wanderer
Zilverz said:
67 uo days

well im not willing to invest 20% a week into that jackass for doing nothing and try to generate high traffic by myself. If that guy was scrolling intown and giving people runes then i would hook him up.

LOL i want a vendor that scrolls in town and gives people runes! Sign me up!

Vendors don't actually die... they just disappear and take all your shiznat with them.. if you say something to them they'll tell you that, but I can't remember what..

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
Character Name said:
Vendors don't actually die... they just disappear and take all your shiznat with them.. if you say something to them they'll tell you that, but I can't remember what..

No, they die. UGHHHHHHHHH then your lewt is on teh corpse. Get with the program!

Ataris

Wanderer
if you want to keep the vendors cheap, put less stuff.. what i do is put around 2 comm deeds per reg, and only paying like 3k max.. then it makes major profit... like maybe 200k on him.. lol i just leave it on him and then put MASS regs on him, and dont have to worry aout paying for oh.. 30 days :/

bcv

Wanderer
(vendor name) dismiss

Charge per UO day is based on total cost of mercandise. I.E. a vendor with a 20k item will charge more than a vendor with a 10k item.

Zilverz, you obviously did not know how the vendor system works if you even attempted that. 87k of stuff is ridiculous. You have to sell in bits at a time, unless you know your traffic can keep up with your vendor price.

Zilverz

Wanderer
Irina said:
Okay, then just don't bitch.

I have every right to bitch and make suggestions. I dont like vendors. :)

Like you said Irina, I have to have Location and Traffic. I totally agree with you. Then the total time would be getting reset longer everytime vendor was bought out.

glad i offloaded my warez .. would have sucked to lost it all

Thanks to those who informed me how to dismiss