UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

upgrade ram on netbook?

Winslow

Traveler
upgrade ram on netbook?

Hi

I play on an asus netbook with 1.6 gig processor and 1 gig ram with windows 7 starter.

I get laggy around vendors and around brit bank-- do you think upgrading from 1 gig to the max of 2 gig would help my lag or is there something else going on?

Shamus-hybrid

Traveler
Re: upgrade ram on netbook?

It could be a number of things:

- internet lag that's only noticeable on a busy screen
- lack of graphics processing power (netbooks don't have powerful GPUs)
- not enough free ram
- not enough free CPU

Bottom line, upgrading your ram might help and would probably improve general performance (especially when multitasking). If you have the money to drop on more ram, I say go for it. But it's not a guaranteed fix to your screen lag issue.

danusn

Traveler

I have a Vaio netbook and after upgrading from 1 gig of RAM to 2 gig I noticed a huge performance gain in just about everything I do.

jpowell52000

Sorceror

It will make a difference...but not huge..only because UO doesn't take up a ton of ram to play in the first place. UO roughly sucks up around 50 or so megs of ram. Its because on a netbook the processor is pretty "weak" in the first place.