UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Updated client and my characters are gone

lowbatt

Wanderer
Updated client and my characters are gone

I just started playing today and forgot to update my client. I was using 6.0.1.10 i think and then I updated the client and signed back in and it had me create a new account and all my characters where gone. It wouldn't be a huge issue except I had just donated 25 to get the gold and now it is gone too. Any advice would be great. It honestly doesn't make any sense.

Mara

Knight
Re: Updated client and my characters are gone

It sounds like you logged in and started creating a 2nd account, instead of logging back into the first. Make sure that you are using the same exact account name as the first time. The characters are stored on the server, while settings and character information are stored locally on your computer, so they shouldn't just disappear.

lowbatt

Wanderer

Man am I an idiot. That is what I did but i thought I remembered the username correctly. I didn't use the one I remembered I did. Well thats good

Thanks

Mara

Knight

It's understandable. Thinking you lost your characters tends to throw you into the 'Oh crap' mode. I'm just grateful I've never been the one that didn't have the computer plugged in when calling customer support.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

Any chance you misspell the user name when first created?
Try going to the UO home directory. Search for the "Destop" folder. Under that folder, it shows the user name you have ever log in. Maybe that can give you some more hints to fix the problem.