UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Unfortunate events...

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryan

Unfortunate events...

There comes a time where every shard admin has to be straight with his player base and tell them the honest truth even when it hurts.

Today we had a situation where a staff member was accused of cheating. Some accusations were wildly false while others proved to be true. Things such as using a staff character to track players and just other various "shady" things.

Today I have added code to the login section of the shard that will PREVENT staff members from logging into a player account while logged onto their staff account. This code will prevent a staff member who has logged off from logging on to their player account for at least 10 minutes.

While its unfortunate that I've had to do this, it is also probably something I should have done in the beginning. I as the owner of this shard apologize to every one of our players for these unfortunate events and assure you they will not happen in the future. I've explained to the staff members tonight that no one is above being fired (and that means no one).

This thread will also not be open to discussion because frankly a lot of you guys do not have the ability to handle a situation like this with tact.

Thanks,
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.