UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ultimate Fishing Guide... because there are no others...

Muggz

Sorceror
Ultimate Fishing Guide... because there are no others...

Skill Gain Guide: Grab a fishing pole and fish, ALOT. Having a boat helps this out alot so you can macro it, not afk. Once you do get around to boat fishing the follow Razor macro will prove useful.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3520|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|2|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|the fish don't
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|4
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|4|3|ENC|2|16|90|Forward One
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:09

Reasons To Fish: It is the only current known way to win at UO. But really it is mostly for odd people to do but there are some pretty interesting things to get from fishing.

Skill----Item----Description
0----Footwear----Sandals, Boots, Thigh Boots and Shoes.
0----Normal Fish----Cut them into 4 raw fish steaks to sell or cook.
0----Prize Fish----+5 Int bonus for a short time when eaten.
0----Wondrous Fish----+5 Dex bonus for a short time when eaten.
0----Truly Rare Fish----+5 Str bonus for a short time when eaten.
0----Highly Peculiar Fish----Restores 10 stamina when eaten.
80----Special Fish Net----Toss in the water for a surprise or use as house deco.
80----Big Fish----Cut into alot of fish steaks or turn into a trophy.
80----White Pearl----Used in ML recipes.
90----Treasure Map----Basic level 1 or 2 treasure map.
100----Message in a Bottle----Open it up for the SoS message to go find treasure.

Special Fish Net Notes: These things can make for some fun time if you save up enough of them. These things can seem like junk but you can have a VERY small chance at finding special coloured ones that can sell for quite abit of cash to other players. If your up for having fun with them though you can go out on your boat and toss the net into the ocean to spawn some basic water creatures to kill that also have a good chance to drop more fishing loot.

Big Fish Notes: These things can be cut into fish steaks with the given ammount relating to the weight of the fish. Oh yes there are different sizes of these big guys. When you fish these up they will generally have a weight assigned to them as long as the name of the character the pulled it in, if not then you caught a small one under 20 stones. They can be used with a taxidermy kit to create a fish trophy as well BUT be warned last i knew the weight did not transfer onto the trophy like it should. The maximum weight for these is 200 stones.

Treasure Map Notes: See treasure hunting guide.

Message in a Bottle Notes: These things are what fishing is all about. Open this up to reveal the special SoS message or if your lucky an Ancient SoS message.

Waterstained SoS Notes: A skill level of 65 Fishing is required to fish these up. Read the message then head to that location and start fishing. You get a chance at some shipwreck items, water creatures spawning then finally the shipwrecks chest full of goodies including reagents, gold, scrolls, weapons and armor.

Ancient SoS Notes: A skill level of 65 Fishing is required to fish these up. These are basically the exact same as the normal SoS except the chest you recieve has much better loot and also you will get a Fabled Fishing Net as well.

Fabled Fishing Net Notes: This is much like the normal Fish net but not at all. It is pretty and special and alot of people will not want to risk parting with it. If you do however toss this net beware of what you do. This net spawns the Nastiest of all water creatures the Leviathan. The Leviathan is a really nasty guy that upon killing has a chance of rewarding the killers and the Fisher that tossed the net Minor Artifacts some of which can only be obtained this way.

koka

Knight
Re: Ultimate Fishing Guide... because there are no others...

tips to go with fisher, find a house near water, collect all the footwear and store in ur house. you can fill ur resets with those free footwears. :) (currently had 3 GM fishers)

Muggz

Sorceror

Very excellent idea! Feel free to add more tips people!

swift orb

Squire

You can milk sos's so you get much more loot !!

Same goes with milking Treasure Chests so they spawn more monsters.

Worked on OSI servers and works here too

Muggz

Sorceror

Could you explain how for those that do not know how please.

King Golden

Wanderer

to add on to this

1 in 20 mesage in a bottle's should have a chance at a ancient sos as stated by Stratics(osi), although i tend to be very lucky and i get about 1 in 12

i have also found that i get more me mibs (messege in a bottle) through fishing with a pole in the deep rather than throwing nets in.

although if your going for colored fishing nets its great to use up all those green nets to get your mibs and have a slim chance of getting the nice hard to get hue'd fishing nets

Rosealie

Wanderer

On your macro, I noticed that my fisherman will move right along and leave the serpents behind if I'm not paying very close attention. I added a pause to halt the macro when a fish is pulled up; it just waits for an impossible amount of mana.

I couldn't figure out a way to stop a macro from within a macro. Is there any guide to this macro language?

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3520|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|30
Assistant.Macros.TargetRelLocAction|2|-3
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:00.5000000
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|uh oh
Assistant.Macros.WaitForStatAction|1|1|200|3600
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|the fish don't
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|4
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|0|4|3|ENC|2|16|90|Forward One
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:08

Muggz

Sorceror

I did that totally on purpose due to the fact that it is ILLEGAL to run this without paying attention. :p

So, what are the best supplementary skills to go with fishing so as to kill the serpents, Leviathans, etc?

Currently my build for my T-Map/Fisherman/Thief is

78.2 Cartography
.1 Tailoring
100 Magery
100 Meditation
95 Necromancy (+5 from jewels)
37.6 Spell Weaving (for Furies to kill stuff during T-Maps)
99.1 Fishing when finished
100 Lockpicking
110 Stealing

Obvioulsy I need to change this up to kill sea creature. I need .9 to GM fishing, and EI of I use magery to kill stuff, plus I dont have any Resists.

What are your thoughts?

Quoth

Wanderer

Suppose you could just mindblast the serpents to death with your current template, they're not exactly tough.
Leviathans on the other hand might be a problem, but you don't have to kill them 'solo' using only your fisherman.
Go on a field trip with some friends.
The fisherman throwing the net and the top damager should both have arti chances.

Or go tame a pontauban. I hear you can solo all sorts of shit with one of those.

TheMonk

Wanderer

You can cast furries and EV on a large boat that will kill any sea monsters. My fisher is 100 magery. I just EV on the boat and it kills leviathens.

Esqarrouth

Wanderer

"It is the only current known way to win at UO"

whats this mean?

Muggz

Sorceror

It means the only way to win Ultima Online is through fishing.

Muggz

Sorceror

no sober for a month and a half actually