UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

TV shows - which do you watch ?

Bile

Knight
Re: TV shows - which do you watch ?

Fana;701157 said:
stargate SG1
stargate atlantis
stargate universe

Win
SG1 - The Story Lines + MacGyver... That's all I need to say

Lose
Atlantis - Pile of shit. Story was terrible and characters were dumb.

Uhhh
Universe - They better have a mother fucking Teal'c in this shit.

Duffman-demise

Sorceror

South Park
Legend of the Seeker
Jersey Shore
Big Love
Rescue Me
Tosh.O
Burn Notice
WWE
The office uk and us version
Fringe
Sons of Anarchy

No love in the thread for Arrested Development eh?

I guess it's not even on the air anymore though, that could be why.

3rd Rock from the Sun - I see the odd re-run from time to time.

Hockey Night in Canada

Prison Break, when it was still playing.

LOST

That's about it.

Fana

Wanderer

Bile;701204 said:
Win
SG1 - The Story Lines + MacGyver... That's all I need to say

Lose
Atlantis - Pile of shit. Story was terrible and characters were dumb.

Uhhh
Universe - They better have a mother fucking Teal'c in this shit.

sg1 is epic. basically 7/8 seasons where all episodes were 10/10. and all characters ruled.... tho it shouldve wrapped up as perfect before they put in the orai crap , however the orai crap does have a certain message to it thats good... but the episodes sucked, repetitive plots that went nowhere... and they Turned Vala which was an awesome character into umberable blhablhablha...

atlantis first season was very very good... and they had a couple of awesome characters such as Mackay which pretty much was reason alone to watch the show.. and that wraith commander was also very good character.

but rest of cast pretty much didnt deliver but its biggest failt were decaying plots.

Universe so far.. its a damm soap opera with one okish character thats slowly developing... and robert carlyle char that is awesome and hopefully will kill everyone on that damm ship coz they all suck lol, srsly some are not jus bad characters but bad actors and plot , they decentralized cast so they could kill ppl off , and the whole :
"im in the otherside of the universe but before that i went into iraq and left a pregnant girl from highschool thats now a striper thing" is a complete fail.

Orion Lighter

Sorceror

I've got quite a range of shows I like. They go from the dramatic to the outright silly:

Burn Notice (awesome underrated show, look it up!)
Chuck
Community (I auditioned for it!)
Cougar Town
Dexter
Entourage
Gary Unmarried
Hell's Kitchen
How I Met Your Mother (another diamond in the rough)
Lie To Me
Modern Family
Smallville
The Big Bang Theory
The Border (auditioned for it a few times)
True Blood
Two and a Half Men
White Collar (another underrated show).

Hilde

Page

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Heroes (thinking about stopping... but I guess there won't be more than one more season anyways)
Big Bang Theory sometimes when I'm bored.
And I can't wait for the new IT Crowd season

Right now I honestly can't find anything worth watching... :confused:

All time (if you are looking to get stuff on DVD):

1. The Wire is head and shoulders above any other series I have seen. Ever.

2. Six Feet Under (needs two or three episodes before before it clicks...)

3. Northern Exposure

4. Mad Men

5. Faulty Towers

(6. Deadwood - but I can't really recommend it because it was cancelled after three seasons before finishing the story arc :()

FE

Daywolf

Sorceror

Oaks;699198 said:
Just out of interest. And possible recommendations.

After seeing the occasional episode on early morning tv I have bought a Frasier boxset and I'm enjoying it a lot. The episodes don't last nearly an hour like some series do, so they are quick and easy to watch. Acting is good and I find it genuinly funny. I can say the same for Seinfeld.
Frasier is great! Worth the set I bet. They play reruns on local so I watch it now and then still.

Only complete set I have is Babylon 5. Other than that I have a few ST episodes from when they were sold individually.

What I'm watching now is Lost, Caprica and Spartacus: blood and sand. Oh and waiting for Sons of Anarchy to return.

Oaks

Knight

FE - one of my mates is a fan of the wire (has the dvd boxset too I think) but I'm afraid it is not my thing at all. He raves on about it though so might have to give it another try as I only watched 1 episode of it. From what I could remember a single episode was just too long for my taste and the whole police business (?) didn't interest me. With the exception of fawlty towers I don't even know any of the other shows you put in your list.

He also has the West Wing (? - some kind of white house drama) which is strangely appealing due to the excellent acting of mr. sheen sr. as the president and the rest of the actors in it.

Oaks;721269 said:
FE - one of my mates is a fan of the wire (has the dvd boxset too I think) but I'm afraid it is not my thing at all. He raves on about it though so might have to give it another try as I only watched 1 episode of it. From what I could remember a single episode was just too long for my taste and the whole police business (?) didn't interest me. With the exception of fawlty towers I don't even know any of the other shows you put in your list.

He also has the West Wing (? - some kind of white house drama) which is strangely appealing due to the excellent acting of mr. sheen sr. as the president and the rest of the actors in it.

The Wire really begins to dazzle after you have watched the first few episodes and realise that the Cops & Robbers bit is almost secondary to the ruthless dissection of different aspects of modern (American?) society with all its hype and hypocrisy. While following one continuous story line, each season puts a brutal spotlight on a different facet (the education system, journalism and the press, local politics etc).

The characterization is excellent, the acting is top notch and the dialogues are just... real as hell (it took me a couple of episodes to actually get my head round the Baltimore accent...). Really - give it another go. It's well worth it.

*Edit* - God, I just realized how much that sounds like it came straight out of the Radio Times... :(

Six Feet Under is clever, clever black human drama (the protagonists are a family of Undertakers).

Mad Men
is also drama/critical satire. It actually refers to Madison Av. and is set in the world of 1960's advertising.

Deadwood is Shakespeare in the form of a Western. Set in the Gold Rush and following the building (in the middle of nowhere) of a township from nothing - Ian McShane was born for the part of small-time Godfather...

I can't believe you missed Northern Exposure... Classic comedy in small doses. Story of an impoverished New York Jewish Doctor who makes a deal with a tiny Alaska town to go and practice there after graduation if they pay for his studies.

I didn't mention any other classic British series (The Thick of It/In the Loop, Yes Minister, Deadheads, The Young Ones, Black Adder,
I Claudius, all the BBC series from classic literature, etc) since I guessed you probably knew them already...

:)

FE

Mary Kay

Squire

MusclyBarbarian;699205 said:
The Wire was the greatest show of mankind

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Breaking Bad
LOST
Dexter
Seinfeld

That's a pretty solid line-up.... i'd replace Lost with Entourage though..

#1.) Dexter
#2.) True Blood
#3.) Entourage
#4.) Breaking Bad

hugoboss

Sorceror

Despise Ogre Room: The Felucca Champ Spawn Series

...but my TV can only display in black and white...